Notices

Class of November 2014 Part 4

Old 11-27-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!! Have a blessed day.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Double post.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Gah! Triple post. Sorry!
Old 11-27-2014, 05:47 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I'm enjoying a cup of coffee this Thanksgiving morning (Day 6), gearing up to start a full day of cooking, eating, and spending time with family. In the spirit of the holiday, I am feeling very thankful for my blessings in life and it is painful when I think of how careless I have been with them because of course alcohol took priority over all. I will not drink today. I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 11-27-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving - we all have some great day counts - Erratic & Peace are leading the way - UBN & Marathonman - I agree it is difficult to not let our enthusiasm wane & positivity evaporate but we need to stay vigilant. MM how many weeks until the baby is due? Peace - yes Thanksgiving is fun, it will be especially great this year as I am determined to stay sober and really enjoy the entire experience - the food, the company (although most will be...well not sober ) I just got the stuffing made and the turkey stuffed and in the oven. Also, I'm not sure if anyone does the Elf on the Shelf, but ours typical comes tonight and my girls are really excited, we watched the DVD last night. I had chips and popcorn, wrecked my stomach...oh well.
Josharon - I don't have the size crowd you have today but close, you have a good plan - food, water, food water - I substituted seltzer/cranberry juice in a little bit. My wife is also making some "healthy" appetizers. Have fun everyone!
A very special shout out to Soberwolf - 500 days yesterday! no that isn't a miss print.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SleepyDots View Post
I'm enjoying a cup of coffee this Thanksgiving morning (Day 6), gearing up to start a full day of cooking, eating, and spending time with family. In the spirit of the holiday, I am feeling very thankful for my blessings in life and it is painful when I think of how careless I have been with them because of course alcohol took priority over all. I will not drink today. I hope everyone has a good day!
I agree, I will not be careless with my many blessing again!!
I am so lucky to have found SR and all the great people here who are helping me move over to the sober side!!
Old 11-27-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Magellan View Post
Happy Thanksgiving - we all have some great day counts - Erratic & Peace are leading the way - UBN & Marathonman - I agree it is difficult to not let our enthusiasm wane & positivity evaporate but we need to stay vigilant. MM how many weeks until the baby is due? Peace - yes Thanksgiving is fun, it will be especially great this year as I am determined to stay sober and really enjoy the entire experience - the food, the company (although most will be...well not sober ) I just got the stuffing made and the turkey stuffed and in the oven. Also, I'm not sure if anyone does the Elf on the Shelf, but ours typical comes tonight and my girls are really excited, we watched the DVD last night. I had chips and popcorn, wrecked my stomach...oh well.
Josharon - I don't have the size crowd you have today but close, you have a good plan - food, water, food water - I substituted seltzer/cranberry juice in a little bit. My wife is also making some "healthy" appetizers. Have fun everyone!
A very special shout out to Soberwolf - 500 days yesterday! no that isn't a miss print.
great attitude...enjoy the day with your family and stay off the booze, I know you will.....
Old 11-27-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Magellan - Wife is 35 weeks pregnant now, baby is due a few days after new years.....I'm still hoping he is born on Xmas day to save some money on presents in the future

Enjoy your day, I'm kind of jealous today reading all the posts that we don't have thanksgiving.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:58 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Felt frustrated and antsy earlier so stuck the baby in the buggy and went out for a 3hr walk to and around the shops - am finally getting there with the Xmas shopping - and now feeling loads better

Ooooh everyone's thanksgiving food sounds amaze balls! Enjoy everyone

Xx
Old 11-27-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MarathonMan View Post
Magellan - Wife is 35 weeks pregnant now, baby is due a few days after new years.....I'm still hoping he is born on Xmas day to save some money on presents in the future

Enjoy your day, I'm kind of jealous today reading all the posts that we don't have thanksgiving.
lol poor kid!

Congrats
Old 11-27-2014, 07:12 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving. I made my first ever pumpkin pie and it looks edible! My brother in law is the best chef in Iowa and he'll be cooking for us today. Can't wait!

Coffee for now and I'll stick with water later.

No Alcohol. I'm back to 6 days!
Old 11-27-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MarathonMan View Post
I'm on day 14 and will stay strong but my new found positivity has well and truly evaporated.
Hi, MM. Although I do think that serenity in the face of such things that we cannot change really is the way of sanity, I have a hard time pulling it off--or just accepting it. Especially, perhaps, when bad things are happening to other people that I know and care about. But my conditioned responses and feelings--what seem like "natural" responses and feelings--are really not particularly sane. Their familiarity and "naturalness" just makes them seem so. (Sadness is sane, but I would do some neurotic guilt over still having been spared. I don't want to imply that you shouldn't feel sad.) In serenity is sanity.

I could hardly say to you "Try to accept it with serenity", when I can't (yet) myself. But I did find this quote today that will help me to get through the holiday, and maybe some other stuff as well, that generates noise in my head (as well as external noise):

"Even if everything else is noise, I can be silent within my own house." Thomas Merton

Maybe if I can't be serene in the face of the noise, I can at least maintain some inner silence. And maybe inner silence is a kind of vestibule to serenity.

Likely that doesn't help at all, but it's what I'm using for myself today. And that is all that I've ever got to share.

Be well.

EDIT: I don't want to imply that anyone "should" or "shouldn't" do anything. So I hope that nobody takes anything that I may say that way at all.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Checking in today... Was MIA yesterday fee
Old 11-27-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ubntubnt View Post
Between 2 and 5 weeks is kind of where the enthusiasm starts to wane, the AV rebounds and the new habits not yet formed. Lets dig deep and push through it.
Yup, check on the enthusiasm waning. Day 29 here and am excited about hitting the big 30 tomorrow but also sense the desperate urgency I felt at days 1 through 10 waning. I have to go through my drunkalogue and my goals for the next year quite frequently. This holiday that stretches to Sunday for me will be a challenge. I love my sister but she can also make me a little crazy... She and her H arrive tomorrow and leave Sunday. I'll be checking in here as often as I can. When I'm on my computer she always wants to know what I'm doing... So annoying.

On another note, I am thankful for the class of November! And for a nice quiet day today.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoying cooking with my husband. Company arriving in an hour or two. Managing to stay relaxed and happy. Not feeling tempted today. Reading posts here on SR is really helping with that.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Ha that posted prematurely. Feeling good, our Thankgiving dinner will be tomorrow for the first time ever due to family obligations. Grateful that we will still be together, even if it's not today. Tried sleeping late, but the HS football team has a game. Loud music, cheering, whistles... Not sure if we're winning. I can see them playing from my bedroom window but not the scoreboard lol. Lots of very positive energy reading through the last few pages. Good luck to your daughter Erratic. Peace, I'm vegan too.

Happy Thanksgiving !

Day 32 for me !
Old 11-27-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Will need to check in a lot this week.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:15 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all. I almost sounded like an American :=] I hope you've all had a great day (I'm possibly stuffing up the time difference.) It's a beautiful day here, late spring and I'm happy. It's day 12 for me, I just counted and I can seriously tell myself I'm over the initial hard part of sobering up. I'm feeling really positive. I'm seeing my A&D councillor today which is great- she's really good for me, I think. Take care.
Old 11-27-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving to all our US members from China....eat too much, laze around watching movies and spending time with your families. Stay sober and enjoy the achievements that have brought you to this stage.....
Old 11-27-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was wondering if you wanted a fee for not being here Gyps lol

congratulations to everyone for punching through the holiday ot towards the end of the week and especially Erratic, MM and PeaceHappyness on your milestones

D