Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 16

Old 11-19-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

My psychiatrist wants me to come into hospital for ECT. No beds. On waiting list. I'm coping poorly. I'm afraid to be alone. I'm so bone tired.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Leshar, I so wish there was something I could do for you. If I lived near you I would be over in a second. Please hang on until you can get the help you need. Are there no other inpatient options? I have a loved one, actually the person I love most in the world, even more than I love myself, who has been severely depressed for months. The anxiety and worry I have regarding her is nearly debilitating. Remember, permanent solution to a temporary problem. Know that I am, and have, been thinking of you.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:37 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm praying you get the help you need Leshar
prayers for you too Bob.

D
Old 11-19-2014, 10:40 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi everyone . I haven't been on for a bit but it's really nice to read your posts and find out how you are all doing . It's obviously not easy , this clean or cleaner living gig, is it? But we are all legends for freakin trying hey x x
Old 11-19-2014, 10:42 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you Lisa

It's not always easy, especially in the beginning, but I really think it gets easier?

we're always here for support too

D
Old 11-19-2014, 10:54 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Dee can I ask your advice ? I forgot my password for here ! And I used a new email which I have lost any record of when I joined here. So I can't log onto sober recovery anywhere except my iPhone - which I struggle to read ! Is there a way for me to get the password for my account here ? Thanks
Old 11-19-2014, 11:04 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi lisa - unfortunately we don't keep records of passwords.

If you PM 'Anna' tho, she can reset things so you can enter a new password

D
Old 11-19-2014, 11:21 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee . Sorry to be a pain but how do I PM Anna ? What's her full name here ? Thanks again
Old 11-19-2014, 11:38 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

The names just Anna.
PM her like you would anyone else.

Have you sent a PM before?

D
Old 11-19-2014, 11:42 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hi LuLu and Lisa....lovely to see you around.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:57 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hi croissant ! Nice to be back . I have sent a pm before Dee . I will give it a shot. Thanks heaps . I must say getting back on here and reading and posting is making me feel more centred that I have in a while . Which is a really good thing. Thankyou everyone for making this such a positive and safe place for all . Can I share that I am watching the bachelor ! That juan Pablo is a very cheeky boy ha ha
Old 11-20-2014, 04:28 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi Croissant, I am always here lurking :-) Just never post.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Dear Lulu,

You are so kind. I'm dreadfully sorry that you are going through what you described with your loved one. I cannot imagine the anguish you must feel. It's awful, and people still don't "get" mental illness, in my opinion. It's a brain disease, but it can be fatal.
Please try and look after yourself, I know that's easy to say, but I'm thinking of you, and do very much appreciate your support. My family has cut me off, and you are doing your utmost for your loved one, but you do need to protect yourself. Hugs and best wishes to you.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:16 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Do your best

Leshar youve been suffering i really hope you get the help

sending good luck

And Hello Lulu
Old 11-20-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Leshar, thank you for the kind words. You are right, no one understands and it must be so frustrating from your perspective. I tell my daughter I can be understanding but I don't really understand because I am not wired that way. I don't agree with what your family has done but I am not judging. It is very draining but if you love someone you never, ever give up. I just put one foot in front of the other and hope and pray each day that it gets better. It is awful seeing someone you love in so much pain. You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi Soberwolf!
Old 11-20-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Thanks, Lulu. My prayers to you too. Yes, sometimes it's just a matter of getting through minute by minute.
I almost drank tonight. I was at a friend's to be at her house for "security" when she was going out on a blind date with someone she connected with online. I said I'd just be at the house when he showed up. She said help yourself to anything. I read my book, but I had a massive craving at looked at all her booze in the cupboard. I just wanted to drink, I'm miserable, I want a break. I still sooooooooo want to blot out, to drink, it's all so bloody unfair. I start a new anti-depressant tonight, I'm so heartily sick of living.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's really important you remember how drinking absolutely helped nothing Leshar.
Go back and read old posts if you need to.

You may be miserable now, but at least you're not fighting another to the death battle with booze at the same time anymore.

That has to be a bonus.

D
Old 11-20-2014, 08:58 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Leshar, good for you for not drinking. You know that will just make it worse. I hope the new anti-depressant works a miracle for you. I don't know what to say as I know all the usual platitudes like "it will get better" or "count your blessings" just don't matter anymore. Just know that you matter to me and your July classmates.

On a lighter note the thought of you as security made me chuckle. I had the image pop into my head of you standing by the door looking all tough, like a bouncer at a bar! Somehow I don't think you have a mean bone in your body.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Aww, Lulu, that is so kind of you to say that.
My friend's date lied about his age, he said he was 68 on his profile, but he's 78, he fessed up. Why would someone do that on a profile, age is age, no denying it. My friend was disappointed, as she wouldn't have met with him if she'd known his real age. She's 66 and a prize, a lovely woman who would love to have a partner. She won't meet up with him again, even though he was a nice man, she says.
I'm glad I didn't drink, it would of course have made things worse, but I'm pretty much chronically suicidally depressed, but no intent. I feel very alone, I don't want to have ECT with no family support, if that makes any sense. Life seems such a huge burden.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:50 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

It may not be the same but you have a huge reservoir of support here Leshar

D