Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 3

Old 10-30-2014, 11:13 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Happy halloween and day 2 here. Still havent had chance to read all the posts as on my own with my son but will try to get on later when I have 2hrs respite
Old 10-30-2014, 11:16 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi Mavis!

V xx
Old 10-30-2014, 11:23 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi all. Day 8 for me and thankful to be into the second week. x
Old 10-30-2014, 11:27 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good morning Chiffon.

That must feel so nice, having the first week behind you.

Hope it's not too cold at your end of the world today...while we begin to fry in Oz.

Love V xx
Old 10-30-2014, 11:34 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi Venus No, it's unseasonably warm - very strange. Can change in a heartbeat though, so t-shirts today and snow tomorrow, wouldn't be surprising
Your cat looks identical to mine!! x
Old 10-30-2014, 11:37 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Really? Scroll back a page or so and look at post 33...snowbunting's cat Percy. He also looks like little V and your fluff.

Best cats on the planet right??

V xx
Old 10-30-2014, 11:37 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Beginning day 3 for me. This is the longest I have been sober in about a month. I'm a little nervous going into the weekend, since my kiddo will be at his dad's for Halloween, and it will be the first time I haven't taken him trick-or-treating in his life. I usually just take Friday evenings when he is gone to decompress from the busy week, catch up on my DVR, and do a few chores around the house. This year, with it being Halloween, I didn't buy any candy or make plans with any friends, which I probably should have. I don't have any alcohol in the house, but I'm still a little apprehensive. This will be the first weekend in several months that I won't be drinking, either by myself or with friends. :-O
Old 10-30-2014, 11:39 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Really? Scroll back a page or so and look at post 33...snowbunting's cat Percy. He also looks like little V and your fluff.

Best cats on the planet right??

V xx
Yep! Wow! They do all look alike How do I put a photo on here? x
Old 10-30-2014, 11:41 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

PS Problem with my cat (twinkle), is she sits there like ' aren't I SO cuuuute', so I go get camera and line up the shot and then... BOING! I end up with a cats tail.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:41 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

scaredbutsober ~ I know how scary those first weekends can be.

This is my first Friday night sober in weeks, and I intend to stick very close to SR.
You are doing so well; I just know you will make it through a sober Halloween!

Day 5 here....we can do this!

Love V xx
Old 10-30-2014, 11:44 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chiffon View Post
PS Problem with my cat (twinkle), is she sits there like ' aren't I SO cuuuute', so I go get camera and line up the shot and then... BOING! I end up with a cats tail.
Yes, of course...Twinkle is giving you the...um...tail.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post1731827

V xx
Old 10-30-2014, 11:50 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Thanks Venus. All the ones on the laptop, are too dark, so will bluetooth some off my phone, during the day x
Old 10-30-2014, 11:53 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Day 4 for me, and going back to day shift. That should make me feel a bit more "normal" ... threw out my cigs today, and used part of the money I have saved so far from being sober (approx $120) to get a vape and some ejuice... and will phase that out too, but feels healthier than tobacco... have quit smoking before, and I don't get urges to smoke unless drinking, so should not be a problem to leave smoking behind, but I did not want to quit too many things at once.

Next thing to tackle... eating better

I can do this... one day at a time.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:59 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I am smoking right now. Which is super stupid of me because I have a very serious medical issue. I have to stop.

I wish I could be as strong as you plansimake.
But I am into the healthy food, absolutely no junk.
It really makes me feel better.

I think "we can do this" is a bit of a group motto. Awesome.

Love V xx
Old 10-31-2014, 12:00 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by scaredbutsober View Post
Beginning day 3 for me. This is the longest I have been sober in about a month. I'm a little nervous going into the weekend, since my kiddo will be at his dad's for Halloween, and it will be the first time I haven't taken him trick-or-treating in his life. I usually just take Friday evenings when he is gone to decompress from the busy week, catch up on my DVR, and do a few chores around the house. This year, with it being Halloween, I didn't buy any candy or make plans with any friends, which I probably should have. I don't have any alcohol in the house, but I'm still a little apprehensive. This will be the first weekend in several months that I won't be drinking, either by myself or with friends. :-O
I feel ya, scaredbutsober... 4 days for me and the idea of a weekend, especially a holiday weekend, scares the hell out of me.

So my mission right after work today is to come up with a DEFENSE PLAN... if I have to do spring cleaning in autumn, I will do it... also, I am planning on at least making a list of things that I have been putting off for ages, just so I can further plan.

If I start to crave, I'll use the techniques I have seen mentioned on SR

My best defense may be to fix my mountain bike and ride until I hurt, lol... I am right next to an awesome bike path, and there are still some leaves up.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:13 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Me too plansimake, I have a weekend full of spring cleaning in the fall planned! And I would like to do some menu planning to eat better so I can lose some of the weight my drinking has added. If I can accomplish even half of the things on my 'to do' list, maybe get in a workout, and most of all - stay sober, it should be the best, most productive weekend I've had in months (maybe years!)
Old 10-31-2014, 12:42 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Checking in for day 16. Have a good Halloween and a better weekend everyone.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:32 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by countrygirl2014 View Post
Good night class. Still going strong! I had my first real craving tonight in a while. I was bartending (I know right) and I poured a patron a miller lite. The smell hit me. Anyone see those vampire movies, Twilight? It was like the "new vampire" smelling blood for the first time. It smelled so good to me I didn't realize I just stood there, holding the drink. I handed it over and that was that. Usually the smell of beer is gross to me now. Just thought i would share. Always keep your guard up. Those demons are held back by a very thin, weak wall in these early days.
CG,
I haven't seen the vampire movies but I think I know exactly the feeling you're talking about.

I get that feeling every once in awhile when one of my friends has a particularly interesting smelling beer.

Its a big YIKES moment sometimes. Gloves on….dukes up against that Beasty.

I haven't smoked in 9 years and I really don't like the smell when its wafting thru the air, but every once in awhile I get a whiff and it strangely smells good.

Doesn't mean I want to smoke..I just stand and sniff a bit and MOVE ON!

Good for you for Movin' On!
Old 10-31-2014, 01:34 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Oh, and Happy Halloween to all you fine Octsober folks!
Old 10-31-2014, 02:23 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Here we are at the end of the month and this group seems stronger than ever! I'm keeping you all in my pocket during tonight's festivities, just in case. You are going to LOVE Halloween in the south! LoL. I've got to get through a very busy work day and then the festivities may begin.

Lotsa luv to you all! Have a happy, safe, sober Halloween!