Old 10-01-2014, 01:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Be safe Zero!
Old 10-02-2014, 01:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Have fun zero.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well after a two day drive and going directly to hospital , I got home last nite and see more alcohol than food. My favorite - drinking - beer is in the frigYoude. I actually thought about for over ten minutes. I'm here alone , why not... I ended drinking three ginger ales.
I'm faced with a proprty neglected. Yesterday was year anniversssery of my bilaw's death. He was not well for a while before that. House was half painted. All outside-exterior is a mess.
not sure when sis will be let from hospital. She will be on liquid diet then soft food s for a while. I need to meet with hospital dietician. So much to do.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Spke to sis. Beer is year old from hubby. She still didn, t get rid of it.
I have a lot to do here.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Well, LB, you've managed to move through a situation loaded with associations that would, in your previous life, have certainly headed you into booze. Long drive? reward. Hospital visit? tranquilize. Grief association? make that a double. You have a lot of strength of resolve. It's something to be proud of.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:47 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
waking down

On the other hand, that old beer might have been a heck of a laxative.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Small reward, Zero! You are clearly in touch in your secluded mountain retreat. What are you reading? Again, good stuff, LB.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:05 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

We've got your back LB

D
Old 10-02-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
waking down

LB, you are a trooper, stepping up and keeping it real. Good man.

Not reading much yet. Mostly travelled and getting settled. I could live in this trailer and just get lost out here. Actually left the mountains for the desert. In the land of nuclear testing and alien abductions. Kinda spooky out here. Last time I got abducted they gave me warts.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I asked sis if I should get rid of beer. No, it will be okay for whoever wants to drink it. My attitude a year ago. Last night I needed a coaster, "The problem with the world is everyone is a few drinks behind" was printed on it. The rest had similar words. I am surrounded by a drinking mentality. The guy that lived here died from liver failure. You think it would sink in. Oh well, I tossed a six year old frozen ham from the freezer in the garage and cleaned it out lot's of junk.

Zero, enjoy your time out there. Nothing like an escape under the stars,
Old 10-03-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
waking down

The drinking mentality seems everywhere. No cure for that. Could maybe move to the middle east...
Old 10-03-2014, 12:40 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
waking down

Oops
Old 10-03-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Well, leaves are falling from trees around here. We've had a first frost. Some primitive part of my brain is sounding an alarm: prepare for winter! Batten down stuff; store food! And I have about 7 cubic cords of hardwood that needs to be stuffed into my basement. I have to be philosophical about the work involved. It keeps me in good shape, I say. Repetitive log moving can be...zen: watch the mind chatter, and chill. On a nice fall note, we are eating melons, spuds, squash and tons of greens from our garden. Love this life.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

once again I find myself overwhelmed with things to do. The undergrowth and saplings are close to invading the foundation, there is a heap of 'junk' collected over the years,
the retaining wall is falling apart, every garden bed is overgrown with trees etc. I asked sis, she has not been out back in over a year. the guy who supposedly takes care of the landscape hasn't been doing a job, she gave him all of the tools I need as part of the deal to take care of the place. her car needs to see the shop,
goal is to minimalize work and make it presentable. except for the structural part of the house, some clap board siding must be replaced. may be able to do a cosmetic job on front porch. need funds and muscle, and a truck, bobcat loader would be nice,
lots to do here
Old 10-03-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

Are you under a time limit or something LB?

D
Old 10-04-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

thanks Dee, time limit? sort of. very complicated. This morning I contemplated the 'time limit' aspect of it. Yes and no. There's also the financial aspect as well.
Things I planned to do at home were postponed due to funding. Things I need to do here at sister's place - very much in need - also cost. She lost her husband exactly a year ago. It seems some locals cherry picked many of the belongings that had value.
I need to delicately get an assessment of the financial situation and figure out what must be done, what should be done and what can be done.
I (she) have 100 Harley Davidson shirts, books and collectables for sale and helmets, leather jackets and lots of tools. Beer in HD cans from Daytona from 15 years back. Evel Knievel signed stuff. Interesting ebay possibilities. A plethora of 'new' junk. It's as bad as my place back home. I spent a couple hours just collecting junk laying around the yard yesterday - for the trash. This morning is food shopping for someone who normally eats a lot of crap and must be on a structured diet. The list goes on. But I am feeling strong about everything.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
waking down

I find that I'm not great at relaxation. Like you guys, i'm always so busy that when I have time to relax I want to fill it somehow. I relied on alcohol for relaxation for so long that it almost takes effort to relax without it, which is basically a contradiction. Playing guitar for the lizards today. Gonna be hot. Can probably see some moutains of northern Mexico in the distance, but it's peaceful here and border towns in these parts are unfortunately sketchy. Too much desperation just a stones throw away where my only current concern is relaxation. I'm doing alright. A cooler full of cold seltzer and a few desert dogs for company...
Old 10-04-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

An interesting trip Zero. I've always wanted to take a land trip through the West. Never saw much of the desert except from the air - passing through on my way to the Far East while in the Air Force. That was a long time ago. I hope you share more with us. It's a solitary journey you are on. Peace to you.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Enjoy yourself zero.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:19 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like you need American Pickers LBrain

I know you're a good man for the job, mate