Notices

Class of March 2013 part 32

Old 10-07-2014, 03:25 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Ken drove a 2015 car this year?

Ohhkay. I am an innocent ignorant Aussie woman.

Kenny that was the best post! Hope you are sleeping well.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:37 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Yeah, Marcher. It's that time zone thing all over again but, backward. You'll see the 2015 Impala in 2016.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:12 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Oh Budd & Trachy, I hope you know we were totally teasing you about the lack of info. You certainly don't us any detailed explanations of anything -- but love your insights, Trach. And it makes all the sense in the world, doesn't it? Even though it was a brief visit sounds like it was a good one.

Budd, what a weekend!!! Wow!!! And how wonderful for your brother to credit you. I hope we will be hearing that you are inducted one day, but if not, sounds like you've already been honored, and by the people that matter, your fellow athletes. Congrats to you and your brother! Love love love that picture -- it truly is the picture of happiness and success and good health!

I had the most vivid dream last night that I was in rehab for one day. I actually enjoyed the experience and remember as I was packing my bags to leave thinking that I couldn't wait to tell you all that I went to rehab. This might signify that I have been considering some other options. I actually looked into outpatient options but didn't get very far. Just feeling a little tenuous lately and feel like it's time to step things up -- one year itch perhaps? Am actively seeking counseling options and still want to check out those women's AA meetings I've been talking about forever. Big talk but let's see if I do it...

My church dinner was last night. A truly beautiful night and everything went off without a hitch. I was in charge of the program so I didn't get to relax or even eat but I'm not complaining. I am complaining, though, that I considered this an important night and a lot of my "friends" bailed on me - some at the last second. They were all assigned to my table, the speaker's table, so it was really rude. The good news, we were able to fill the abandoned seats with the young musician and her friend which (a) she deserved because she was playing for free and she was about the most talented singer I've ever heard; and (b) she was totally star struck by the speaker -- it was so wonderful to see! And when I say the singer was talented, she was, but she was able to play everything we asked her and she offered to play more than we asked for (i.e., background music during the dinner) - truly beautiful.

I know if my Marchers could have been there you would have -- the two people that showed up to support me: my mother-in-law and my good friend, neither of whom belong to the church. My own mom was out of the country or else she would have been there. SO that actually makes me pretty lucky, don't you think?

Pretty tired today but glad to have the dinner behind us. Hope everyone is having/going to have a great day!!
Old 10-07-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Ken, thanks for the account of your trip, especially the ceremony. Like Duff said, I'm glad your peers honored you, too! Sounds like a great experience all the way around!

Duff, I'm highly pleased that the dinner was a big success (though I'm sorry you didn't get to eat)! I'm sorry about your friends' being no-shows--maybe (in spite of the odds) each of them did have a truly legitimate excuse why she simply could not attend. Glad to hear about your musician, though. Obviously the evening really, really blessed her.

This week and next Sunday you'll probably hear a lot of buzz about how great the evening and speaker were. You really pulled off a massive undertaking! Congratulations are in order!
Old 10-07-2014, 05:35 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

Trachy, I was just teasing about the lack of stories, lol. And yes, I think you have an excellent point about the things we all already know about each other. Sorry to hear about your indoor waterfall! It's sad that it takes giving notice to get them to fix that.

Budd, love your post :-) It sounds like you had a really good time with your brother and meeting old friends. Lovely that your brother acknowledged the role you played :-)

Duff, bailing at the last second to me is rude unless it's a real emergency. It sounds like the dinner was a big success and I'm sure it was beautifully arranged. I wouldn't want the job of doing something like that so big kudos to you! Previously I only went to a women's AA meeting but this time I'm going to all kinds and enjoy the mixed meetings at least as much.

A happy Tuesday to the rest of the Marchers, too!

Today is 2 months sober for me. I'm feeling solid. Few cravings and they have been relatively easy to work through. :-)
Old 10-07-2014, 05:42 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Wow! Big congratulations, Sass! You have worked hard!
Old 10-07-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Of course y'all were teasing. I knew that. Budd, you knew that, right?

Old 10-07-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Congratulations again on 2 months Sass.

Budd sounds like your whirlwind trip was wonderful, and how fun to meet your ex's and have fun with them!

Trachy, I totally agree, I have met 4 SR pals f2f now and with each one it has felt like getting together with a long time pal. Everything felt natural, easy and relaxed. We 'know' each other through SR in ways our nearest and dearest never do and couldn't begin to understand. It is such an Honour to share my journey with so many wonderful friends. I am sorry to hear about your leak, but I am so proud of how you dealt. Instead of writing a report of all you did here, a while back you would have just headed to the nearest bottle shop. That is real sober thinking and real progress.

Marcher, is Ma Marcher still celebrating??

Duff, I got a raging AV around my 12 month, it's more life 'AVs Last Stand' than a 12 month itch. I literally had to be talked off the ledge at one point just before my 50th birthday. ( y'all probably won't remember that I kept it low key!!!!!!!!) but I got through it and it gets better, though the 1year + brings different issues. More about longevity in sobriety than recovery.

Must dash much to do
Old 10-07-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

No one's posted since 10 AM????

Well I can blow the lid off this place. Not only am I getting my apartment renovated, I got a new lease in my name to start rebuilding my credit. The former lease was in the name of the company I no longer work for.

On top of that...'I GOT A NEW JOB!' I have a very large swath of Northeast Georgia as territory selling some amazing cleaning chemicals. Check it out: intinsiti.com

Good day for me. I needed one.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

That is fantastic all around, Trach! Congratulations!
Old 10-07-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Trach, congrats! I'm so happy to hear your good news! :-)
Old 10-07-2014, 02:32 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Great news Trachy!!!!!!!!!

I knew you were all joking about the lack of a wild story. I really wish we would have had more time to make one!

Maybe next weekend when my next SR Meetup happens between Me and Duffster! Looking forward to that as well!
Old 10-07-2014, 03:17 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers! Wow, what a lot has happened overnight -- congrats to Duff for pulling off a major event successfully especially when some of your support crew bailed. Congrats Trachy on the new job and the lease -- that's quite an achievement. Congrats Sass on your two months and 'feeling solid'. And Ken and Duff -- I am now squealing with excitement again and I am not a squealer as a rule.

Duff I know what you mean about that feeling of putting more in place for sobriety, even if it's simply thought, I still have times when I need to lean on the pedal a bit harder and remind myself not to get complacent.

I'm so proud of all of you! Have a good day peeps.

ETA And yes Toots, Ma (lol) Marcher is still celebrating!
Old 10-07-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Sass!!! CONGRATS on 2 months. You have sounded so happy the past two months - so proud of you and your hard work!!

Budd, my little bowlers and I are around all weekend -- we'll get a plan together. Not sure we're going to make the show but am around.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Tach

You too Sass - 2 months is great

D
Old 10-07-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Trach! What great news! You really deserve this. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2014, 04:30 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Sassy, congrats on 2 months you are awesome!!!

Trachy, congrats on the new job! And building credit ain't easy so you rock on that too!

Duff, good job on the dinner! Man, more power to ya, planning events is the least favorite part of my job. For three years I had a second job planning a huuuuge event. Loved the cause, hated the work... Nice job getting through it without resenting your friends too, that's a toughie.

We'll, things are pretty good in wehavland. There's a little thing nighling at me, but it's not a big deal. J and I were at a pumpkin event in town, and got told we were going to hell by some street preachers. It doesn't undo all the wonderful things that people have said to is since we got engaged. It doesn't change the fact that the law is increasingly on our side. But it is a reminder that bigotry and hate is still alive and well in this world, sigh... And for the record, we weren't snugging in public or anything, we don't even hold hands in public. We were walking with the dog.

Anyway, have a good day everyone! More shoutouts later, I gotta get to work!
Old 10-08-2014, 05:02 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Thanks for the congrats, Marchers! It look me over 2 years to get here which makes this even sweeter. I'm not getting overconfident but am feeling strong and love being sober :-) And yes, I feel so much happier!

We, so sorry to hear about the experience you and j had! Yes, bigotry is still around, sad to say. I hope you don't run into it very often.

Duff and Budd, how exciting that you two are planning to meet up! It's fun to meet people we have been connected with so closely for a long time - and satisfying, too. It is really meaninful when we start from being fellow alcoholics, then get to know each other and finally have a chance to meet. I found Toots to be exactly the kind and delightful person I expected :-)

Have a great day to all Marchers
Old 10-08-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Wow, WeHav, talk about alienating people from Christ! I have a strong suspicion that those street preachers are going to be a bit surprised when they meet him face to face!
Old 10-08-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Oh (((((We))))) You know it's their problem and not yours - but I know that doesn't make it hurt any less. Gilmer said it spot on.