Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 13

Old 07-04-2014, 12:39 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Uuuugh..... sorry if I'm sounding so angry.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:46 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lucrezia View Post
Uuuugh..... sorry if I'm sounding so angry.
It's okay, hang in there. You'll beat this thing.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Hey all! Happy 4th to us Yanks on here

Obo - 10 weeks is fabulous! Congrats! 12 days for Mariah and Kat - awesome! Luc - 11 days, great!

I'm on Day 4 and feeling good. Much better. Depression slowly lifting. This is our last day at the beach Sad to head back to the real world but will be nice to be home sleeping in my own bed.

Chick - How are you doing?

Stay strong Fools!
Old 07-04-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

I just realised today is actually day 10. Still good!
Old 07-04-2014, 03:39 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

ChickChick , .... how are you doing ?
Kat, Up, and Kelly ...I know we'll hear from her soon, ...if we keep on with it !?!

Kelly, ...it'll be nice to be home,;
...I think the comforts there are sometimes underrated

Lucrezia , ..you don't sound angry at all. I think your passion to eat well is remarkable and progressive. I've met people who have such a clean diet, it's really problematic when they join in a big family get together with more traditional holiday food. One guy told me years ago it took him a good 3 days to be back to his *normal*
He was a hippie and a long distance runner back in the 70's when there were only a dozen per 100,000 population in his small city in Ga.
A dozen hippies, I mean. I think he was one of only a dozen marathoners ( maybe !? ) at the time. Both were freakishly rare in those days.
I say hold your ground, ...you know your body better than anyone else, for sure !

Obo, Congratulations on another big milestone !
...you sound good mate, .....glad you found some kind of connection out there in the country.

Welcome Bob, ...the more, . the better

Kitten, ..thanks for reminding me that some problems are for another time, ..and don't predicate drinking as a solution. I have the same damn thing with the sleeping. It's easy for me to blame my chosen work schedule, but it may be more than that. I

My body needs all the time to heal it can, ...thanks for expressing that thought also. I needed to hear that today, for sure.

Mariah, ...I have no thoughts one way or the other on antabuse, ( as I've never tried it ) ...but I'm so glad you're finding your way forward. Have fun tonight, and through the rest of the weekend !!
Good job on getting back in the workout groove.

I need some of that myself. My schedule has been a little crowded, ...and I had a few unexpected things pop up that seem to be causing me extra anxiety.
Trying not to worry about other peoples expectations ( including, and especially my own ) is a big ongoing challenge for me.

Freein, and Kat ,...thank you both for posting so much, and with such heartfelt thoughts, ...

love you guys, .....everyone I mentioned or left out.

Where's Izzy ?
Probably busy with 2 dozen people eating watermelon down in Texas !?!

I know Adna's busy as can be today starting her big push at her 12 day Festival
Old 07-04-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  

About diet: The successes I have had with my addictions has been a result of me tricking myself. It would be better if i could address my addictions head on. But, I am not there yet.

I switched to a vegan diet a year and a half ago, I think. Actually, I've been trying to do that for about 20 years... But, this time it was after I had been kind of living on caffeine and sugar during a period when I was working a lot of hours. So, I was feeling very sick and my body was suggesting that I need vegetables... After doing that for a while, if I eat cheese for example, I feel bad. So, when I am in a restaurant with someone I'm not settling for less appealing food, I am avoiding what makes me feel bad.

Another period where I tricked myself was after making myself sick from caffeine and sugar again. I followed the mcdougall diet for about a week and after that food with no oil and very little salt tasted normal to me instead of tasting bland.

That works because it's a vegan diet. If I were following a low-carb diet that includes meat I am not sure if I would be able to trick myself in the same way.

But, I guess what I am saying about difficulty with diet is that if eating a healthy diet makes you feel significantly better, sticking to it for not too long might change you so that you don't want to eat the other stuff because you remember that it makes you feel bad.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:37 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  

Busy evening but checking in. Biked nearly 14 miles with my little fam. Hard enough on me (my rear still gets sore from the seat), but hubs pulls the two kiddos. Lol. More fun though than jogging my 3 miles on the treadmill.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:26 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

That's awesome applekat!!

BobArctor yeah... I was/am hoping that feeling this sick from eating this crap will help me abstain. Although, to me, it is kinda like with alcohol - I get sick from it, but still use it!! So I guess I really am trying to kick two drugs at the same time. But I have to do it this way. I don't think any other way will work.... in the past I have done it, and I felt incredible!! I also know the cravings almost completely disappeared. So one of the hardest parts is the starting out part. The other hardest part is the dealing with people/society/social situations that are pretty much built around eating all these things.

Anyway.... yeah that's it. I ate chocolate. I am so hopeless. I have to stop today. I don't want to have to go to the hospital (and yes that could very well happen, especially seeing how the last few days have been)

tops - oh yeah!! Thank you very much for that!!! I must stick to what I know is best. Not let people get to me so much. It's true - I know my body best. Thanks....
Old 07-04-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 509 (permalink)  

Sorry, Luc. I don't think I realized how much the eating aspect can affect people/recovery. And I'm sorry it's so bad. I don't want to hear of you having to go to the hospital. Take care of yourself. You can do it! Are you reading or watching anything good lately, or avoiding that for now? I actually am finding Parenthood, the TV show I'm re-watching, to be a bit triggering so I am re-thinking that. Yikes.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  

Have a good night, Fools.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (85.5 KB, 33 views)
Old 07-04-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 511 (permalink)  

Hey all - just a brief check in to say hello and wish everyone a good weekend. Packed up the kitchen (or most of it today) -- I am getting tired of packing too!

I need to read and catch up with what is happening with the Fools (did I see something about chicken fighting or am I just tired?)...but I hope everyone is well.

xoxo pan

PA Congrats on 70 days Obo!
Old 07-04-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 512 (permalink)  

Hi! I'm still alive! On day 10. My mom is sitting here next to me. We were supposed to return to my parents house, but haven't quite yet. I'm being sort of constantly watched and interacted with, which is a bit grating, but distracting I guess. Still, in the quiet moments I find myself struggling a bit with negativity and bad thoughts (it is a holiday after all!). Anyway, have to go, will catch up when I can, hope all of you are doing well!
Old 07-04-2014, 07:03 PM
  # 513 (permalink)  
Administrator

Quick pass by to start a new thread:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-14-a.html

Hope everyone is doing ok over this weekend - I hope to be back as normal sooner than later

D