itch, thats so cornball!

gig was great fbl

congrats on 5 years!

and you now have your marbles back

now it's another 5 years to learn what to do with them! lol
Old 06-22-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Itchy I find your being testy hysterical! ( I'm assuming you are as au fait with female anatomy as much as male!)

Glad you enjoyed the gig Rusty

FBL, 5 years. That is something else man, that really is. Congratulations.

As to lost posts, I hit the back button whenever I accidentally hit the previous thread button and my post is still there. If I think I may lose a long post, I copy it before trying to post it just in case. Does that mean I am prepared or anal? ( yet more anatomy there Itch!)

LB, I feel for you sweetie, I hope the wee man makes a move soon if he is not to hang on for grandads anniversary. Que sera sera though!

Hugs to all x
Old 06-22-2014, 08:49 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Dee,
Look at my post 309, and then your answer in 310. I thought you were doing a double take on my one word post to LB! If not "Lucy, 'Splain yourself!"

Toots,
I am and caught your double entendre only after your hint. Most excellent wordplay! Glad you liked the falls. Do they still have the cable car ride over the whirlpool in the canyon? You could traverse the canyon cleft by cable car and see the bowls of a giant whirlpool back in 1963 when I was there. I don't remember if I mentioned I went to a prep boarding school in Buffalo and local students would invite us to get away from the dorm on weekends and would bring us along on outings. I think that was in the big post I lost.

Rusty!
Intentionally so. I also got a kick out of playing Weird Al's Achy Breaky Song parody and see the hard core country crowd get up to dance not even listening to the changed lyrics.

FBL old Bud! Five years is terrific! Woo Hoo!

Back is sore from yard work all day. I can do it if I pace myself. Even a hard head like me learns eventually. I really need some rain to set my gravel drive I just graded. We are creating heavy dust clouds every time we drive in or out. The neighbors must be cussing us out behind closed doors when the wind blows the dust cloud their way. Our cars and trucks are coated! Nice cooler day today in the mid 80s but humid. Maybe we can catch one of the scattered showers predicted tomorrow.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:17 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:54 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Itchy they do still have the cable car over the whirlpool! But it is Canada to Canada so we never got to ride it. The do also now have a jet boat that rides up to the whirlpool and spins round ( not in it but near it) but we didn't go on that. We looked down at it from the top. Very scary! I'd hate to be caught in it.

Morning Andy, good to see you too!

Jeni, I hope you had a good weekend off, what is school looking like this week?

LB I hope you can keep cool and that Brysen isn't replaying the American soccer game. At least I still have a team to support, what a rubbish team England are at the moment. We don't mention Scotland, who in their wisdom decided Brazil was too hot to visit at this time of year so wisely dropped out of the contest. (Or got roundly beaten in the early stages, depending on your outlook!)

Have a good week my sober friends.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:58 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Thanks all for the kind words. In many ways, my sober birthday means more to me than my actual birthday. It's the day I decided to stop killing myself and get on with life.

Another rainy start to the week here. Our big SummerFest music festival starts up on Wednesday. I'm hoping to get down there at least once this year.

Have a great Monday, overs!
Old 06-23-2014, 04:15 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
instant

FBL I feel the same way about my sobriety date. Great you have five years - you now officially serve as a supreme example to others!!

May we continue to cherish the gift of sobriety
Old 06-23-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Itchy, I always try to zoom into the page when I'm on my tablet to make the links bigger when I have trouble hitting the right one. Perhaps that would help you.

FBL- Five years is awesome!!! Congrats!!
Old 06-23-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Two days till take off! I can't believe it. I've stopped freaking out about it and now I just can't wait to get on that plane.
I was sad about leaving but I know that I'm doing the best thing for myself---many things have come together to bring me to this place and I'm going to deal with strength and excitement for the unknown.
I have planned very little, I land in Berlin then go straight to Kiev to write a story for a paper here, I'm there for about a week or so and beyond that I have no plans.
I am so sad to leave my dog. I feel like that's the worst part of all this. He's my best friend and it breaks my heart that he has no idea that I'm about to inexplicably disappear from his life. I know I'm projecting human emotions onto him but there you are.
My mechanism is not thinking about it.
Doing final packing today.

Awhile back I mentioned that I was worried about losing my support system here--and someone responded that I wasn't as I could still come here. I forgot to thank whoever that was--because it really helped, I hadn't thought of that. So thank you whoever that was!

FBL: Congratulations. I like what you said about the day we stopped killing ourselves and getting on with life. So true.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I have no idea what happened to my last post!

The big space had the YouTube video of Achy Breaky Song by Weird Al for RZ.
Oh well here's the link:
Weird Al Yankovic Achy Breaky Song with Lyrics (Achy Breaky Heart Parody) - YouTube
I sure agree with those lyrics!

DG,
Thanks, I do that when I need to. I made the complaint because apparently lots of folks do that. I'm a tech and this iteration of infopop, the forum software they use, has a lot of features not turned on here. For example they could turn on "Saved Content" and anytime a post is lost they can "Go Advanced" and there click on "View Saved Content" and then has a button to restore it.

IP,
Good luck, safe travels! And stay in touch, you will have stories for us, that can't be told elsewhere. I look forward to them. We'll be here.

Toots,
I was 12 back then, and in 1963 I doubt there were any people being stopped for any questions at that border crossing. I thought the cable car went from the US side to the Canadian side. Anyway sounds like you had a good time. So you are English living in Scotland but visiting the US based out of Boston?

Ditto FBL,
Well said!
I am a year and three months behind you. Locally no one really notices, and I don't make a big deal out of it. But I get a deep satisfaction that nothing else gives me. I had nothing to do with my conception date, that was two others. So I agree my birthdays aren't as significant for me either. I carry two coins in my pocket as my tokens. One is my military USAF career field coin for CATM, which no longer exists because they combined us into the Security Police now called the Security Forces. Those coins are called challenge coins. As we can challenge another with ours and if they don't have one, I win, and they must pay for drinks that night. If they DO have theirs, I Lose the challenge and I have to buy that night. Cokes are fine now. The other is my AA one year coin. Even though I only attended weekly for my first three months after detox, and didn't get a sponsor or work the steps formally, I feel a kinship with them, but not the camaraderie of the sober. I did go back for my one year anniversary, and they were tickled. One lady asked when I was going to sponsor another, and I told her that I would love to, but I don't adhere to the need to attend meetings for life. I was, and am, simply, and irrevocably, done with alcohol. I was the day I checked myself into detox that day. I became uncomfortable at AA because I had positive things I learned to share, not struggles and fails. I know there are a lot of folks like me, as well as folks who do best in meetings. I know the fellowship helped me for my first sober months. But the support I needed was reality checks with my strange PAWS symptoms, and emotional roller coaster of those first months. I just needed folks to tell me these too will pass, and some others had gone through the same things. I think my extra hard first six months was because my body and mind were suddenly deprived of 30-40 drinks a day, but I also quit a 46 year smoking habit that was up to three packs a day for the decade before 21 September 2010. I used patches but they weren't the same.

So today, and every day, just like I never left home without cigarettes and a lighter in my pocket, I never leave home without my career field challenge coin, and my AA one year bronze coin. Both remind of how I defined myself and my life in the past, and are the proof that I chose another path. One because my watch as warrior was over, the other because my watch over my own life has been resumed.

Sorry went off track bud. Yesterday was about you FBL.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

Itchy, love that post.
Fbl happy five years!!! I will forever be chasing you and I am ok with that !

Nothing too much to report here. Yesterday brought a new level of discomfort. Ended up walking around the yard for a little bit just to move some.
I found my ankles and feet again which is a nice bonus.
Meeting with doctor first thing tomorrow to set the induction date. Fingers crossed no one else asked for it in the mean time.

Hubby came home early last night (around 11pm instead of 2:30am) because they didn't have much work to do and he "wanted to spend time with me."

We had a nice night. Played on the computer a while which we really haven't done in quite some time.
He's also starting to get to that panicky state after how uncomfortable I was the last 36 hours.

Anyways, until tomorrow.
Have a good one, overs. =)
Old 06-23-2014, 08:54 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Re-Member

OK you are almost done! If Derek's nervous now, what's he gonna be like in the D.R.?

Amen Instant! (missed you in my last)
Old 06-23-2014, 11:26 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Have a great day!
Old 06-24-2014, 05:00 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

IP, can't wait to hear about your great European adventure!

LB, also can't wait for your different, albeit just as exciting adventure into motherhood!

Itch, even though we come from different backgrounds, we think alike in many ways...don't know whether that's good or bad Glad to be on this journey with ya, bud.

Have a great Tuesday, overs!
Old 06-24-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hi Overs.

I'm pretty sleepy at the moment. Been trying to start getting up earlier the last couple of weeks and it's not easy some mornings. But I do enjoy being up earlier and having more time during the day to get things done. This morning, I really wanted to just turn off my alarm and go back to sleep.

Yesterday was a good day, although my ex sent me a text yesterday evening that just kind of threw me off balance. He moved out a little over 2 months ago and while I'm generally doing pretty good, I still have some moments about the whole thing. It is amazing how much better I handle this sort of thing in sobriety than I did when I was drinking. It's still not fun, but I can turn to healthy coping methods and feel better in no time.

For now, I am focused on simple things for today: eating healthy, getting in a workout this morning, doing some work and going to yoga class tonight.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:37 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

Today was rather disappointing.

Dr update today:
Without finishing the rest of what she said (I don't feel the need to talk about THAT much detail with you all lol), the first part of her statement today was "Ain't nothing happening."
So, I go back on Friday for a set of BPP tests (bio tests essentially, non-stress test on Brysen, ultrasound, blah blah to make sure he's ok). On Tuesday I go back for check of "me" and if "ain't nothing still happening", she's sending me to the hospital to get things moving with my body. She feels it will take two days of that treatment (which has to be done in the hospital) before she can even administer anything to get contractions going - so if my body continues to be stubborn, I'm looking at a nice extended hospital stay.

I have to say I'm a little disappointed and frustrated that my body is basically "doing nothing" even though I've had plenty of contractions and other things but....I've said it a few times now - I can't control it and it is what it is.

Now I just have to find something to occupy myself so I don't drive myself insane over the next week.

Have a good one, overs
Old 06-24-2014, 05:59 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

good wishes on the next test LB
Old 06-24-2014, 05:59 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

ohoh, love the new avi fbl!
Old 06-24-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Hey IP one day to go! It might have been me mentioning about taking SR with you where ever you are, I know that the transatlantic move I made was so much easier knowing I had my support group with me. ( even though some of the Undies got an upgrade to first class somehow!) the continuity of contact was a brand new experience for me. I understand about missing your dog, I ache for my Molly when I see someone out walking their furbaby, but I know she is not missing me one jot, she is having a wonderful time with my folks and their neighbours and my brother and his kids and their kids........
I really look forward to hearing what you have to say about Europe and your experiences over there. ( nearly said here! Slip of the tongue! ) still no news on that front from me, other than I am officially homeless next Wednesday. I jest of course, I just mean we have to vacate the apartment and have yet to arrange an alternative roof. I expect something will get organised at some point.

Anyone heard from Jeni?

LB here's hoping the wee man shows his face soon sweetie.

Rusty, Itchy, FBL, Instant, you are all the grandad dies of sobriety to us 'young thangs'!!