Notices

Class of July 2013 Pt 12

Old 05-23-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi all, Hi Bob, I hope you have a well deserved Memorial Day weekend! What a lovely image you brought to mind, with the jets flying overhead! I love airshows. My husband had a pilot's licence, and we loved going to airshows, military/aircraft museums on our travels. He was a good pilot, I loved flying with him.

And I love your John Wayne quote too, by the way. It's how I like to think of things sometime, on this sober journey, that even if things go wrong, or there is a not so good day, that there is always the hope of a better day, which comes afresh at midnight!

Hi AW, welcome! I think it must be very hard for you to go to the pub with your husband. And twice a week? Might you start by suggesting a once a week outing there? Or, aren't there other pursuits that you and he enjoy together, or could take up together that you could do as outings? I don't blame you for feeling bored with just sitting in the pub drinking, to me, it now seems like such a mindless waste of time.

Having said that, I do think I must always be vigilant. I was super tired on the plane. There was a problem too, with the air, it was really cold, we had blankies, but still ppl were complaining. I couldn't sleep a wink. I got surprisingly uncomfortable when the drinks trolley came around. I had a sudden craving for the red wine the passenger beside me was drinking. It sort of came out of nowhere. But I recognized that I was tired, that's all it was, I thought it through, and of course, today, I know I'm still on the right path and all is well. Tired, but happy!

Anyway, AW, I don't know if I could do what you are trying to do, with the pub visits.
Keep posting, keep strong!

Haha, Croissant, aka Chocolate! I know I'm going to miss all the super delicious Spanish chocolatey pastries! I have to parade around on stage in a nightie, (1920s style, thankfully!) so I'd better start hitting the gym!
Off to pick up birdie!
Old 05-23-2014, 09:04 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Hi all, Hi Bob, I hope you have a well deserved Memorial Day weekend! What a lovely image you brought to mind, with the jets flying overhead! I love airshows. My husband had a pilot's licence, and we loved going to airshows, military/aircraft museums on our travels. He was a good pilot, I loved flying with him.
What a nice memory. I was too busy posting about my Choco experience that I forgot that Bob mentioned the planes. I love them too, Leshar and have been to a few air shows.

I remember one day years ago, A jet flew over my unit and broke the sound barrier. Whoooosh kaboom. I actually physically ducked and went to hit the deck! It literally felt like it had flown in my open back door, through the middle of my unit and out the front sliding door on the deck! I was home alone and burst into hysterical laughter at myself. Wish I'd been a fly on the wall to see myself duck for cover!
Old 05-23-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hehe, Croissant, that's funny! Guess we just instinctively protect ourselves, except when it came to booze, grr!
Old 05-23-2014, 03:04 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Hope you are all well. Sorry I've been quiet, still reading through your posts!

P
Old 05-23-2014, 03:32 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi Pete!

Nice to see a post! Hope you and your fiancee are doing well. Have you got used to saying "fiancee" yet?!

Birdie's home. He looks well. He's singing up a storm!

I had a nice welcome home message from my sister. I just had to share this, this was in her message:

"6 days booze free and I feel like I have my life back. I'm alert and not fuzzy headed. You're right. Alcohol is a killer in more ways than 1. I will try to abstain for as long as I can and then perhaps drink once a week. I'm not making any long term plan I'll see how it goes"

She went on to say that her husband kids himself that he doesn't have a problem, but that she notices that his drinking affects his mood, and certainly makes him snore a lot! She said that he hasn't even mentioned to her about the fact that she's not drinking, because she feels that he doesn't want her to talk to him about even cutting back.
I'm very happy that she's at least looking into her use of alcohol, it's big progress, imo, and it's clear that she's much nicer to me, more chatty in her emails, more open. Long may it continue!
Old 05-23-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hey Leshar,Pete

Glad you stopped in to say hello Pete.
You must be quite busy these days.

Leshar,

That bird must be thrilled to see you!
And what a wonderful message to return to from your sister.
If misery loves company, apparently so does happiness.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hey Pete! Good to see you post. Hope you are still having fun in the new house.

Are you still going ok?

Leshar....what a beautiful message from your sister. Wouldn't it be lovely if this sticks and your relationship blooms because of it? It's funny how she can now see in her husband what you thought she couldn't see in herself.

6 days....and so great she can see how it affects her mood.

Glad the wolf whistling banshee is home!
Old 05-23-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Seen this and it reminded me of somebody here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
choc;ate.jpg (19.5 KB, 31 views)
Old 05-23-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hehe, Bob, you're a scallywag!
Old 05-23-2014, 06:08 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Croissant,

Glad the wolf whistling banshee is home!
Yes, I'm glad he's home. He's just a little creature, but I did miss him!

Thanks, I do hope my relationship with my sister may indeed blossom. What I want more than anything is for her to be well and content, and enjoy happy moments. She suffers a lot. I do hope she may come to see the detrimental role alcohol has been playing in her unhappiness.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:16 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hahahaha Bob, yep, he looks exactly like that! Exactly!
Old 05-23-2014, 10:54 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hahahah Crois. Oh boy did that make me laugh , but i totally get it :

Leshar I'm glad you're back safe n sound and birdie is home .
Thanks for including us in in you Larry /Leshar memories , it's nice to have a little peek into your world . How much fun it seems you two had together .

Clever man also , being a pilot , you're a brave one for going with him , I'd be too chicken

Ok it's a turkey , but it's all i could find lol .
Looks like you and your sister could be entering a different significant phase in your lives .
That was a lovely message she left for you , even more so considering she was sober .

Your life seems to be on the up and up , just keeps getting better an I'm so happy for you

Bob i hope you are enjoying your Memorial Day long weekend xxx

AW , wow i couldn't do what you do and go to a pub for 2 nights a week listening to drunken drivel , couldn't you bargain with something else love ?

I'd rather stay home alone than be sober whilst everyone else is drinking , i cant tolerate drunks now that I'm not one anymore . I'm sure you could both come to a better agreement that's fairer for you xxx

I'm so glad you posted again AW its nice having you here xxx

Bob lol at the choccy pic , cracked me up xx

How's the holiday Ladybug hope alls going well with the pregnancy sweetie

Pete hi thanks for checking in How's the new house going , we've missed you .

Where are you Lulu how's your daughter hope all is well xx

Hiya Humbug , Nikki , Purepoison , Lisatrying , NCG ! EQ

How did the move go Dee , is it Over or not begun yet ?

Had a busy day at work today , I'm just gonna stay online and Veg now .

Xoxox

Old 05-23-2014, 10:56 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

any time after the 27th of June Snooz

D
Old 05-24-2014, 02:11 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Very busy with the new house and work. We also thought it was a good idea to get a kitten, which just bites non stop!

Getting used to saying fiancée now which is good. We booked the venue and church - August 8th 2015. Started paying for it already and these things are not cheap!

What a nice message from your sister lesh, I find reading those types of messages great and really helps keep me on track.
Old 05-24-2014, 02:52 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Glad things are going well Pete. And a kitten too....
Old 05-24-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I'm excited for you Pete!
Old 05-24-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Wow, tired!

I have a guest tomorrow, an acquaintance from my acting group. She's considering retiring here from the city, and I offered to show her around.

It's funny, at this stage I'm not worrying about whether or not she drinks. I don't. There's no booze in my house and I'm not going to the liquor store to provide for a guest. It feels so much better! I did get vegetarian food for her as I asked her about food/other allergies.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
AW it must be difficult in early days being around a pub and your husband drinking.

Does he realise how hard that is for you?
i have tried to explain to him, he seems to understand but he thinks Im ok, but Im not and I dont think he realizes how hard it is for me. Its a tricky situation as Im not trying to control what he does and how much he drinks but Im trying to control my own demons but in doing so the two do cross..
Old 05-24-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aw58 View Post
i have tried to explain to him, he seems to understand but he thinks Im ok, but Im not and I dont think he realizes how hard it is for me. Its a tricky situation as Im not trying to control what he does and how much he drinks but Im trying to control my own demons but in doing so the two do cross..
Well far be it from me to interfere! But boy, if it's making you feel uncomfortable, I can't see how it's going to get better. Not sure if your husband has a drinking problem or not? But why do you think it's controlling? Has he said that?

I just think any marriage is a two way street. He should be able to do non drinking activities with you.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi everybody.
Gave the dog a bath and went for a couple walks today.
The bath for the dog was an adventure. But, she's nice and clean
Maybe tomorrow I'll do a little bit of barbeque.