Notices

24 Hour Club Sign Up Sheet, Part 55, All Welcome

Old 05-02-2014, 11:07 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for sharing your story, Zeldafan. A lot of hope and inspiration there.

signing in for 24 more. 11:06pm
Old 05-03-2014, 12:01 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Congrats Zeldafan and captainzing2000, and I'll have another 24 in Maryland if you please.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:15 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

HI checking in for 24 more. 17:15 Melbourne
Old 05-03-2014, 12:24 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

A happy sober weekend ahead for me 08:25 UK
Old 05-03-2014, 12:41 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

24 please oj a hright sunny day here
Old 05-03-2014, 12:46 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Hello , hope you all are having a very blessed day! So glad you stopped in. If you
are new, what we do is sign up and commit to stay clean and sober the the next
24 Hours.

Just post your time and commit! Please post just once daily on this thread as this
is mainly a list that will make up our final roster. Thank You

Are you in?

All Pics- Cirque du Soleil

Welcome To Our Newest Members-
hanita2809 - jbass -Anewhappiness
- LoftyIdeals - nmd- bananacake - Croissant -Reboot - GirlyGirlRacing

Congratulations!

Reboot 1 week!
MyTime86 1 week!
LoftyIdeals 1 week!
Texas46 1 week!
Babs1234 1 week!
CristinaN 1 week!
Avra 1 week!
abetterlife45 3 weeks!
lifetplant 30 days!
stayonthepath 1 month!
courage2 3 months!
LindaLou 6 months!
ZeldaFan 6 months!
IWLSAST 11 months!
venuscat 1 yr 3 months!
veryready 1 yr 6 months!
CAPTAINZING2000 14 yrs 8 months!

If I missed your special day my apologies, send me a pm. Remember,
come back no matter what, even if you slipped!

Thank You Miss venuscat for your service recognizing our Celebrants
achievements behind the scenes.

Roster will be posted 18 Hours 12 min from now at 10 PM EST USA 5/3.

I have asked ZeldaFan to share his story. It has such a positive message. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Hi, My name is ZeldaFan,

As I approach six months sober, I can’t believe how much has changed since November 3, 2013. This time last year, I was at one of my lowest points.

My weeknights were lost to being blackout drunk within 30 minutes of coming home. Mornings were spent being sick as a dog and having to struggle just to get to work. Weekends were completely lost in a haze of drunkenness and passing out.

My house was a disaster and I rarely ate anything remotely healthy. I cried myself to sleep on nights I could recall going to sleep and wondered if I was ever going to have friends again, date, get married and have kids.

Finally, in September of 2013, a coworker of mine told me that I smelled horribly of booze when I was in his office. This was at almost 3:00 in the afternoon. I was horrified because all I could do was think about everyone I had met with that day. I wondered how long people had noticed without me even knowing that they were secretly judging me as a drunk. My drinking had gotten so out of control that I was drinking 300-400 ml a day on weeknights and a full 750 ml on a Saturday. I was calling into work thinking people believed I was just sick a lot. When my coworker told me he knew I had a problem, something snapped and I knew I had to do something or I was going to lose everything.

In early September, I made my first post here on SoberRecovery. I was blown away by the response I received almost immediately from people who knew what I was going through and the words of support from everyone who replied to my first thread. I remember joining the weekend thread on my first Friday sober and being glued to my computer the entire weekend. I will never forget the first two months in my first real attempt at sobriety.

It took me September and October to finally get my sobriety to stick and on November 2nd I took my last drink. It was right before a business trip to Las Vegas and I remember the anxiety that followed made the flight almost unbearable. I knew the trip was going to be hard so I took my grandma along as support and told her about my struggle. Looking back, it was a life changing weekend in the most unlikely of places for someone trying to get sober.

I have made it a point to never forget those first few months and how difficult they were for me. The weeks of sleepless nights, extreme anxiety, sweats for no reason and insatiable appetite for sugar. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to go through in my entire life and I hope it stays that way.

I slipped three times in the months leading up to my official sobriety date and with each slip, the anxiety and depression came on even harder than the one before. It was that slip on Halloween weekend. I was at home alone and the incredibly difficult two days that followed are what made me realize I couldn’t do this anymore. The Vegas trip helped test my determination and give me the drive I needed.

In the months since quitting, the color came back to my face, swelling went down, my eyes became white again, my teeth looked whiter than ever, my bowels improved greatly and I lost weight even with eating a lot of sweets.

After about two months, even my confidence started to come back and the cravings slowly started to become less and less severe and controlling. I was able to go out to a bar with a group of coworkers last week and I was the only one who left sober.

I reached out to those close to me and started to mend friendships that I destroyed though many have yet to let me back into their lives. I realize now that many of those friendships were based around drinking so I don’t mind having them out of my life.

I have gotten back into hobbies that I left behind. My house is cleaner than it has ever been. I have an entirely new wardrobe and a renewed sense of pride for how I present myself to people.

Every day for me is now filled with working hard at my job and working hard at my hobby that has turned into a second job for me that I continue to grow. I have lived more in the last six months than in the five years leading up to it. I’m so thankful for my sobriety that it’s impossible to put it into words. Being able to go through the day and not craving alcohol and being happy while doing it is such an amazing gift.

To all those out there just starting out on this journey, know that it will be one of the hardest and most rewarding things you will ever do. If you can get through those first few incredibly difficult weeks and months, things do get better for most.

I can’t believe how much the community here changed my life. Without this site, I really don’t think I could have gotten where I am today. I had tried to quit many times in the past and never got past a few weeks.

I can still recall being thankful for cool fall evenings sitting in bed with my laptop talking on SR until 3:00 and 4:00 in the morning while smelling the crisp fall air. Now that spring is here and the windows are open again, I’m reminded of those nights. Stick with it if you are struggling and don’t give up hope!

I thought I would never get out of the situation I had gotten myself into and now I’m living a completely different lifestyle!

Thank you so much to everyone here for helping me get there! My sobriety is something I protect every day and something I know I will need to look out for my entire life but I’m happy to do it as the reward for doing so is the best gift I could ever receive.

Wow! That was really special. Such Hope! Thank You ZeldaFan!

ZeldaFan Celebrates 6 months today! Woohoo!

*Video For The Day - Cirque du Soleil - Alegrķa

If unable to find this 24 hour club Thread in the future, Click on Search near top of page and type
in Newcomer Daily Support and click Go. This is part 55!
Old 05-03-2014, 12:48 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

24 Hour Club Sign up Sheet Part 55, All Are Welcome!

off to bed nite nite deek out God Bless!
Old 05-03-2014, 01:14 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

24 more hours please. 9.14am in the uk. Day 4 sober
Old 05-03-2014, 01:41 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Good morning from the uk!!! I am signing in for another 24 hours xx (day 2)
Old 05-03-2014, 02:17 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

24 more thanks luvvy xxx
Old 05-03-2014, 02:25 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Another 24 please. 5:24 AM
Seeing the video Deeker posted, makes me feel like I must have been drinking again... but I haven't
Old 05-03-2014, 03:08 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

24 more, please!!!!
Old 05-03-2014, 03:43 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Thanks for your inspiring story, Zelda. And Deek, I'm already having back issues since yesterday, so that video "hurt".
I'm in for 24 more today, most likely spent in bed with heating pad and tea. 6:43 am in the low country and prayers for all on our journey.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:43 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

645 AM here in NY. Day 11. 24 more please and thank you.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:52 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  
nmd

24 hours sober please, signing on at 6:52am in buffalo, ny
Old 05-03-2014, 04:03 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Reposting For deeker! May 3rd, 2014!

Hello , hope you all are having a very blessed day! So glad you stopped in. If you
are new, what we do is sign up and commit to stay clean and sober the the next
24 Hours.

Just post your time and commit! Please post just once daily on this thread as this
is mainly a list that will make up our final roster. Thank You

Are you in?

All Pics- Cirque du Soleil

Welcome To Our Newest Members-
hanita2809 - jbass -Anewhappiness
- LoftyIdeals - nmd- bananacake - Croissant -Reboot - GirlyGirlRacing

Congratulations!

Reboot 1 week!
MyTime86 1 week!
LoftyIdeals 1 week!
Texas46 1 week!
Babs1234 1 week!
CristinaN 1 week!
Avra 1 week!
abetterlife45 3 weeks!
lifetplant 30 days!
stayonthepath 1 month!
courage2 3 months!
LindaLou 6 months!
ZeldaFan 6 months!
IWLSAST 11 months!
venuscat 1 yr 3 months!
veryready 1 yr 6 months!
CAPTAINZING2000 14 yrs 8 months!

If I missed your special day my apologies, send me a pm. Remember,
come back no matter what, even if you slipped!

Thank You Miss venuscat for your service recognizing our Celebrants
achievements behind the scenes.

Roster will be posted 22 Hours 14 min from now at 10 PM EST USA 5/3.

I have asked ZeldaFan to share his story. It has such a positive message. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Hi, My name is ZeldaFan,

As I approach six months sober, I can’t believe how much has changed since November 3, 2013. This time last year, I was at one of my lowest points.

My weeknights were lost to being blackout drunk within 30 minutes of coming home. Mornings were spent being sick as a dog and having to struggle just to get to work. Weekends were completely lost in a haze of drunkenness and passing out.

My house was a disaster and I rarely ate anything remotely healthy. I cried myself to sleep on nights I could recall going to sleep and wondered if I was ever going to have friends again, date, get married and have kids.

Finally, in September of 2013, a coworker of mine told me that I smelled horribly of booze when I was in his office. This was at almost 3:00 in the afternoon. I was horrified because all I could do was think about everyone I had met with that day. I wondered how long people had noticed without me even knowing that they were secretly judging me as a drunk. My drinking had gotten so out of control that I was drinking 300-400 ml a day on weeknights and a full 750 ml on a Saturday. I was calling into work thinking people believed I was just sick a lot. When my coworker told me he knew I had a problem, something snapped and I knew I had to do something or I was going to lose everything.

In early September, I made my first post here on SoberRecovery. I was blown away by the response I received almost immediately from people who knew what I was going through and the words of support from everyone who replied to my first thread. I remember joining the weekend thread on my first Friday sober and being glued to my computer the entire weekend. I will never forget the first two months in my first real attempt at sobriety.

It took me September and October to finally get my sobriety to stick and on November 2nd I took my last drink. It was right before a business trip to Las Vegas and I remember the anxiety that followed made the flight almost unbearable. I knew the trip was going to be hard so I took my grandma along as support and told her about my struggle. Looking back, it was a life changing weekend in the most unlikely of places for someone trying to get sober.

I have made it a point to never forget those first few months and how difficult they were for me. The weeks of sleepless nights, extreme anxiety, sweats for no reason and insatiable appetite for sugar. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to go through in my entire life and I hope it stays that way.

I slipped three times in the months leading up to my official sobriety date and with each slip, the anxiety and depression came on even harder than the one before. It was that slip on Halloween weekend. I was at home alone and the incredibly difficult two days that followed are what made me realize I couldn’t do this anymore. The Vegas trip helped test my determination and give me the drive I needed.

In the months since quitting, the color came back to my face, swelling went down, my eyes became white again, my teeth looked whiter than ever, my bowels improved greatly and I lost weight even with eating a lot of sweets.

After about two months, even my confidence started to come back and the cravings slowly started to become less and less severe and controlling. I was able to go out to a bar with a group of coworkers last week and I was the only one who left sober.

I reached out to those close to me and started to mend friendships that I destroyed though many have yet to let me back into their lives. I realize now that many of those friendships were based around drinking so I don’t mind having them out of my life.

I have gotten back into hobbies that I left behind. My house is cleaner than it has ever been. I have an entirely new wardrobe and a renewed sense of pride for how I present myself to people.

Every day for me is now filled with working hard at my job and working hard at my hobby that has turned into a second job for me that I continue to grow. I have lived more in the last six months than in the five years leading up to it. I’m so thankful for my sobriety that it’s impossible to put it into words. Being able to go through the day and not craving alcohol and being happy while doing it is such an amazing gift.

To all those out there just starting out on this journey, know that it will be one of the hardest and most rewarding things you will ever do. If you can get through those first few incredibly difficult weeks and months, things do get better for most.

I can’t believe how much the community here changed my life. Without this site, I really don’t think I could have gotten where I am today. I had tried to quit many times in the past and never got past a few weeks.

I can still recall being thankful for cool fall evenings sitting in bed with my laptop talking on SR until 3:00 and 4:00 in the morning while smelling the crisp fall air. Now that spring is here and the windows are open again, I’m reminded of those nights. Stick with it if you are struggling and don’t give up hope!

I thought I would never get out of the situation I had gotten myself into and now I’m living a completely different lifestyle!

Thank you so much to everyone here for helping me get there! My sobriety is something I protect every day and something I know I will need to look out for my entire life but I’m happy to do it as the reward for doing so is the best gift I could ever receive.

Wow! That was really special. Such Hope! Thank You ZeldaFan!

ZeldaFan Celebrates 6 months today! Woohoo!

*Video For The Day - Cirque du Soleil - Alegrķa

If unable to find this 24 hour club Thread in the future, Click on Search near top of page and type
in Newcomer Daily Support and click Go. This is part 55!
Old 05-03-2014, 04:22 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Good morning at 7:20 est. I'd like to order up another 24 hr serving with a side of sunny-side up eggs.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:22 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Good morning checking in for another 24hrs. . I hope my spirit raise up.stupid rain
Old 05-03-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing ZeldaFan!

Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 7:33am in Jacksonville, Florida.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

7:43 AM here in Virginia. Thank you ZeldaFan for sharing your story. It truly is inspirational to those of us in the early months. 24 more for me, please!

Happy Sober Saturday!