Notices

Class Of March 2014 Part 10

Old 05-07-2014, 10:38 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Oh, chris. You are really there for us. Thank you.
Love you Ilya, good night. See you all tomorrow! Okay now I am really off to bed ....
Old 05-08-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

I have a 7AM meeting today. It's kind of like going to church every morning. A church of people who actually talk to me and understand me instinctively. I'm learning to trust - sort of.

It's supposed to rain today but so far it hasn't so I'm going to walk up there with a prayer for the clouds to hold off.

...and an umbrella.

More later.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I have a 7AM meeting today. It's kind of like going to church every morning. A church of people who actually talk to me and understand me instinctively. I'm learning to trust - sort of.

It's supposed to rain today but so far it hasn't so I'm going to walk up there with a prayer for the clouds to hold off.

...and an umbrella.

More later.
Thanks for checking in Bimini! Wow that is tremendous of you to start to trust. Good for you!! I know alcohol used to taint me to not trust anyone. Now I don't want to trust anyone and be naive, but if it is a group of people with a common goal to not drink then I am in!
Thanks so much for sharing that. Have a great meeting and hope it stays dry! -Chris
Old 05-08-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Have a great meeting and hope it stays dry! -Chris
I actually giggled. That's the goal of AA.

Showered, dressed and out the do'.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Really? Really? Will I never learn?

The woman who pissed me off a month ago...I tried to be nice to her today since I'm over the anger part. She was a little better, she actually talked from a place of "I" instead of "You" for the most part. Progress. Now I need to learn to voice my discomfort as it happens instead of spending time trying to swallow it. I can be confrontational with strangers usually, but this is a problem I don't know how to solve. I have to find a way to live in harmony with her - she goes to the same meetings.

I guess the best thing I can do is give it to God, then look at my part and see where I am going wrong too. I just can't see my wrong part in it right now. (Bah ha, of course not!) She so reminds me of my mother- who has been gone for 15 years. I need to let go of this resentment right now, it keeps me stuck. I am not powerless. I am not helpless. It's almost like the powers of darkness are always waging an attack; even in my safe place, AA meetings. Or my perception is really frikkin warped. I suppose that could be it. She means well, just doesn't know how to say it in a loving way. (?) Well, now. I'm pretty sure I've been guilty of that recently too. I don't like it when I get slapped with my own stuff. hm.

This self-reflection which could have been said privately, has been brought to you by my unrecovered, immature, whiny ego.

You're welcome.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:22 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Glad you could organize your thoughts by putting it all out there, Bimini. That's what this is here for. Indulge your "ego" and spend time venting.

I'm just feeling so weirdly neutral today. I slept extremely late which is not like me. I think the gray weather has tamped me down.

I'm feeling quite gross and strange still. Maybe because it's day 4? I always hated days three and four.

I really don't think I'm going to accomplish much today. I feel ok with that. Maybe some healing time with the cat and some flavored water and some bad movies...
Old 05-08-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Oh it's so empty in here.
How is everyone??
Old 05-08-2014, 07:43 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Oh it's so empty in here.
How is everyone??
Very good Ilya I hope you are as well !
I have been so busy lately there do not seem to be enough hours in the day but it keeps me out of trouble and I am exhausted at night and I sleep well thank God.
Speaking of which. Gotta do homework with my daughter and put her to bed.
Love you all, Chris
Old 05-08-2014, 08:18 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Great to see you chris! busy is good, busy is sober
Old 05-08-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Good that you are busy Chris. I am busy too now, but when I was drinking I had a lot of down time. Too drunk and therefore lazy to start or do anything. Don't have that problem now! There is so much stuff to get done but I am chipping away at it every day.

My daughter is coming home from school for the weekend to go to a play with her mother. It is long planned so I will have most of Saturday to work on projects. Get to cook the kid a nice breakfast before she heads back to school on Sunday. That will be fun.

I am thinking positive thoughts about your job search Ilya.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:06 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Thank you so much Discovery! I need those positive vibes
Old 05-09-2014, 05:06 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Well I'm going off to work. I'm feeling sort of ok... My body is very cramped and stiff and out of shape. That always hangs a dark cloud over my day.
I'm going to a friend's restaurant tonight. It's a bit far away so I've asked to be the designated driver so I don't have the option of drinking.
Hope everyone is doing alright, I sure do miss hearing from you all.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Well I'm going off to work. I'm feeling sort of ok... My body is very cramped and stiff and out of shape. That always hangs a dark cloud over my day.
I'm going to a friend's restaurant tonight. It's a bit far away so I've asked to be the designated driver so I don't have the option of drinking.
Hope everyone is doing alright, I sure do miss hearing from you all.
I LOVE being the designated driver now takes so much pressure off and makes me proud. You should be too!
Good morning everyone. Love you all, Chris
Old 05-09-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

I'm being super lazy this morning. Blew off my 7AM meeting, even though it is the best AA meeting I've found. I'll go to the 11AM women's meeting instead, and tonight is what they call a "Five and Dime" - it's a speakers meeting with one speaker with five years sobriety and the other speaker having ten years. I've only been to one, and I really enjoyed it.

Who knew my Friday nights would be spent in a room full of recovering alcoholics? I am so grateful to be sober still. It isn't easy, but it is a lot easier and worth it.

((eHugs) all around! TGIF (Thank God I'm Free)
Old 05-09-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

I'm being super lazy this morning. Blew off my 7AM meeting, even though it is the best AA meeting I've found. I'll go to the 11AM women's meeting instead, and tonight is what they call a "Five and Dime" - it's a speakers meeting with one speaker with five years sobriety and the other speaker having ten years. I've only been to one, and I really enjoyed it.

Who knew my Friday nights would be spent in a room full of recovering alcoholics? I am so grateful to be sober still. It isn't easy, but it is a lot easier and worth it.

((eHugs) all around! TGIF (Thank God I'm Free)
Amen Bimini! My worst days sober are better than any days drinking !!
Old 05-09-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone has a great sober weekend

D
Old 05-09-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hope everyone has a great sober weekend

D
You too Dee!!
Old 05-09-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

More parties/bbq's tomorrow! I am ready for a break! My brother will be making this amazing fresh Watermelon drink with fresh mint and simple syrup etc. I take sparkling water in mine instead of the large amounts of poison (rum) he will be adding to other people's drinks. It is a very refreshing non-alcoholic drink I had 3 glasses last week and felt very energized from the natural fruit sugars!
One more birthday bbq and we have none in my family for quite some time yayyyyy!
I will surely be enjoying the food, drink, pool and bqq guilt free tomorrow!
Exhausted after a long day. Love you all, Chris
Old 05-09-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I'm not going to my speaker meeting tonight either. It's raining, I feel all cozy - I'm going to make an early night of it as well.

No BBQs in my immediate future. Great job on creating your own drink, Chris.

Going to bed sober on day 66. ((hugs)) to all.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:19 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

I'm not going to my speaker meeting tonight either. It's raining, I feel all cozy - I'm going to make an early night of it as well.

No BBQs in my immediate future. Great job on creating your own drink, Chris.

Going to bed sober on day 66. ((hugs)) to all.
Day 66 is such an amazing accomplishment Bimini! I will be back up there one day at a time. I can't believe I drank 1 day in the past 60 and hence I am back to day 16 but hey I am on the right path again that's what counts the most! Hugs to you all on this sober Friday evening. -Chris