Notices

Class of March 2013 part 24

Old 02-27-2014, 01:41 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

MeSo so good to see your posts, Shoes my sweet I'm glad you are more yourself and Sassy dear I am thinking of you, let us know how you go.

ETA Ha ha, great cartoon Dee!
Old 02-27-2014, 03:27 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

I'll be with you in spirit all day, Sass. Thank the Lord you're not conscious--at least not while they're working on the bottom half!

Shoes, I'm glad you're building your strength back up. May you be back to your rightful 10 soon!

DD, sorry about your sushi mishap! Hope things settle down in time for your workday today!

Toots, after all this buildup, I'm afraid the big day might seem anti-climactic! I hope you wake up tomorrow and find that you're even fiercer at fifty!
Old 02-27-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

I don't know if Beantown can survive Toots at 50!
Old 02-27-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Sass, if they use the same camera, make sure they do the top end first!!!! Hope all goes well and you have inflated your donut ring ready for when you come home! Xx

When I ran the home one of my inmates er residents had to have a colonoscopy, he was terrified so I had to go in with and hold his hand throughout . Deep joy! The things I did for my lovely 'family'!

DD, perhaps you had some Fugu fish??? serve you right! You are meant to be our resident gourmet not gourmand!!

Mesoso, how about doing some personal writing while you are waiting a paid job?

Shoes, I knew you had gone a little quiet, but you never told us just how poorly you were feeling, naughty! How can we be there for you if you don't tell us til it's over?? I am so glad the meds seem to be working so quickly and hopefully they continue att he same pace until you are back to a perfect ten

Marcher! I remember your 3 week holiday as if it were just yesterday!

What's happening Friday that has you all so excited???? Are these my feet?

Aww Dee thank you! My first birthday card! Well. The first I have opened, I have carried one around with me since I dropped Molly at ma n pas, mum always makes her own.

Gilmer, I fear you may be right! At least I know not to get my hopes up for a surprise party! But it will be strange not seeing any of the family, either the English or the Scottish sides, and no cake or singing. But I am lucky to have my lovely hubby spoiling me. Plus it is law that he can't be grumpy with me until at least Sunday!

To be serious a moment, I feel the shadow of AV behind me, I know a huge part of my addictive self will be resentful that I can't celebrate with champagne, that everywhere we go this weekend people will be indulging themselves, and a big part of that will be with alcohol. I can feel it snickering in my ear, and I hate it even as I find myself agreeing with it. Usually I can remind myself that this is my choice. I chose not to drink rather than destroy my life. At the moment that is something of a struggle. Being here, joking around with you all ( reading a lovely poem another friend wrote on another thread) is helping give me the strength. That and knowing that when (not if ) I surf through my 50th Birthday two weeks later I will have a much more personally special celebration. And I will have all of you to thank for helping me get there.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

So how old will be you be tomorrow, Toots?
Old 02-27-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Toots, I can tell you are definitely ready for your next birthday, which one? When?. You must have missed it in all of the excitement for tomorrow.

Shoes did tell us rather quietly how poorly she felt but she waited until after she had been diagnosed. She is much more refined and considerate than yours truly ... I promise to try really hard to not upload my Colo photos. My chariot will be here in about 1/2 hour to take me for my brief siesta! You guys will be spared all of the fun but will just have to put up with my complaints (alternatively, you could just quit reading my posts until tomorrow)
Old 02-27-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
I promise to try really hard to not upload my Colo photos.
I swear, I read this and thought, "I want to see your pictures of Colorado!"

You capped the "C," and that threw me. But no doubt your colon is every bit as scenically beautiful as the Golden State. But warmer.

Okay, that's enough of that.

Doesn't someone have a birthday coming up soon?

Thanks, all of you, for your kind words.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Toots. xx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Toots_bday_coo.jpg (96.0 KB, 29 views)
Old 02-27-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

ha ha ha ---darling picture there LT--
great to see you here.
Hugs to everyone
Babs
Old 02-27-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

My tablet did the deed -it capitalized the C.

Life, i love, love, love the adorable pic!

what birthday?
Old 02-27-2014, 11:46 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Thanks Life, what a gorgeous shmooshy face!! I guess it's my birthday already where you are then. Woohoo!!!!!

Hi Babs, good to see you.

Sass, if it's ok with you I'll pass on the pictures
Old 02-27-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Why Toots, squeamish a out 4 polyps?
Old 02-27-2014, 12:50 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

I've always enjoyed watching surgery documentaries on the health channels. I think watching the procedures is fascinating! I'm kind of on the fence about looking up inside people's colons, but I saw a facelift done once. Horrifying! They cut your whole face at the chinline, then they stretch it way out and scrape fat out underneath--then they pull it tighter and sew it all back together. No wonder skin loses elasticity! No facelift for me! I'll just have to hope that my inner beauty shines forth as I age!
Old 02-27-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers There is only one thing to be said about today:

Toots is 50!
Happy birthday Toots

Toots de sweet you are an absolute joy to have as a friend, I hope you have a joyous day.

Have a good and sober day peeps.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Toots, I'm going to wait till it's Friday morning our time! We've got to save something for the grand finale!
Old 02-27-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hahaha! I'm going to have the longest 50th Birthday in the history of 50th Birthdays!!!

Haha. thank you Marcher, loved the Beezer as a kid, Beezer was produced in Dundee, along with many other comic strip books of its era. DC Thomsons is still in publishing in Dundee.

Sass, no, I'm not particularly squeamish, but having sat in on the live version, I don't really need to see the stills!

Gilmer, thank you, I look forward to that x
Old 02-27-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Hahaha! I'm going to have the longest 50th Birthday in the history of 50th Birthdays!!!
In the future you are 50 Toots because in the future it is your birthday, heck it's lunchtime on your birthday in the future. I know it's still the day before your birthday in the past where you are but in the future -- which includes your homeland -- you are well and truly 50. How's that for roundabout?

I was in England on my 50th -- Straford on Avon to be precise -- and I took great delight in telling Aussie friends who phoned that I hadn't turned 50 yet!
Old 02-27-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Toots, just think .... In just a few hours you'll be one half century old - egads!

I think my brain has finally thrown off the anesthesia brain aftereffects. That stuff is great! Same stuff Michael Jackson took to sleep...
Old 02-27-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Ok toots, have fun with that mammogram and driving test tomorrow!!! Wow folks are making such a big deal about it, like you are having a birthday or something...
Old 02-27-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

I can't take all the excitement! A 50th birthday and a colonoscopy??? I have had one and the other will be scheduled soon. I actually think I prefer the colonoscopy.

I may wait up till midnight here. But actually Boston is an hour ahead so I only have to stay awake till 11. Hmmmmm.

I got nothing too exciting. I'm feeling almost 7. Sleep is now sleep! I have woke up before my alarm goes off 4 days in a row and actually have felt rested. Today I didn't get tired exerting myself by raising my arms above my head or walking up 5 steps. Dark circles almost gone. Bags under eyes running about a 4 or 5 with 0 being gone. Face shaped more like apple than cantaloupe. I see cheek bones again. I was quiet when I was sick but now you all get to hear about me getting better. I didn't want to complain plus it kind of hit me all at once...one day fine next day oh sh*t. This new pill is causing me trouble. Can't take with food, near food, let it see food so now I have to make sure I take my heart pill earlier and no bedtime snack since I take new pill at night. I like a bedtime snack. Grrrr.

Oh well. Ive got 10 minutes so I'm going to go eat something just to eat it.