Notices

Class of August 2013 - Part 7

Old 11-19-2013, 02:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Think your posts have become my latest addiction! Just came home with two granddaughters
Age 8 and 10. Told them to go eat cookies, while I grabbed my iPad !
Old 11-19-2013, 02:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Andreajp View Post
Going to youtube this commercial. I'm an avid knitter and love anything knit related. Are you a knitter as well?

This is something I'm working on ATM
Love it, yes I am. Knitter and rug hooker...right now I am knitting fingerless gloves for Christmas ..great pastime !
Old 11-19-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by advbike View Post
I love this picture also, and have always prided myself on being somewhat of a nonconformist, however as I do more work on myself I am finding much of this is ego-driven, not a reflection of my true self. My therapist reminds me that when I am feeling 'separate', or apart from others, it often reflects my pride and grandiosity - symptoms of my disease. Not saying this is you at all Sean, just a comment on that image and how I associate with it. Thanks.
Of course we have to be mindful of all interpretations and angles on how we feel, and wisdom grows with time. I tend to keep a healthy self-image though despite various life errors I've made-

Old 11-19-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

AndreaJP good to see you posting. You have some talent with the yarn. My wife was into needlepoint before the booze sort of overwhelmed. I have many hand knit belt - although in fairness I need to drop from a size 38 to 34 to fit into these belts again.

I have to learn how to start pasting in pictures - September may have us by words but pictures are equal to 1000 words they say so we will be light years ahead.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Andrea, you are a beautiful knitter! I go in stages with knitting and sometimes I go a long time in between projects and have to get a friend to reteach me how to start. One of my friends gave me a book on lace knitting patterns for my bday, but I'm kind of overwhelmed at trying it because I need to learn how to read the patterns. I've only done scarves with the knit purl stitches. Also, I get frustrated when I mess up and end up ripping the whole thing out and starting over. I used to cross stitch a lot and have been thinking of picking this up again. Christmas holidays might be a good time to tackle a project...it will keep my hands busy when I go home and everyone is drinking!
Old 11-19-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kadidee View Post
Andrea, you are a beautiful knitter! I go in stages with knitting and sometimes I go a long time in between projects and have to get a friend to reteach me how to start. One of my friends gave me a book on lace knitting patterns for my bday, but I'm kind of overwhelmed at trying it because I need to learn how to read the patterns. I've only done scarves with the knit purl stitches. Also, I get frustrated when I mess up and end up ripping the whole thing out and starting over. I used to cross stitch a lot and have been thinking of picking this up again. Christmas holidays might be a good time to tackle a project...it will keep my hands busy when I go home and everyone is drinking!
Thank you! It really is therapeutic. Lace isn't a great starting point but mittens would be great for getting a grip on different techniques. This sock is exactly how I survived an overnight visit to my parents place!
Old 11-19-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Andrea! Great knitting! I use 2 circulars instead of double points, too. Your even tension is commendable. Great work. So talented. I'm going to see if I can up load a picture of my latest project. Good luck to me!
Old 11-19-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Did it work?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-3225091794.jpg (82.0 KB, 30 views)
Old 11-19-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yay! This is a little sweater I made for my Granddaughter. It turned out so cute!
Old 11-19-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Kadidee, it is a great comfort to me to always have a knitting project at hand. I think it is like meditation to me. My mind and hands are in the moment. Easy project:Purple Monkey Dishwasher Fingerless Mitts....
Old 11-19-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elseware View Post
Yay! This is a little sweater I made for my Granddaughter. It turned out so cute!
That is beautiful ! Love to do cables...wish I knew how to send pic's.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elseware View Post
Did it work?
Fantastic! Love the cables!
Old 11-19-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Too funny that the nurses in this group are also avid knitters!
Old 11-19-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Ha ha, can't compete with the knitters! That is some awesome work!

I did find out today that the pain in my left hand is arthritis - my thumb is bone on bone, probably from 40 years of riding big motorcycles (the clutch is operated with the left hand). Oh well. Just glad to know what's been the cause of the sporadic pain for the past 12-18 months. Fortunately he didn't tell me to stop riding either the motorcycle or the bicycles, and there is a surgery that can be done to restore the joint. I think before I might have drank some beer over this
Old 11-19-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

That is funny! Too bad we have some other stuff in common, too. But we're working on that!
Old 11-19-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Elseware that is a beautiful sweater. Honestly that looks like the quality you'd see in a really nice clothing store with a big price tag on it. So consistent!
Old 11-19-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Advbike, I'm sorry to hear that. It must be painful and I've heard it happens to a fair number of motorcyclists. I hope you've got a good doctor. As an aside, have you ever seen that show "Sons of Anarchy"? It's about a motor cycle club and one of the main characters, Clay, has that same thing with his thumbs and hands in general. If you have not seen it, it's kind of good in an "FX" kind of way (meaning for adults only)!
Old 11-19-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Think bikers and knitters have something in common! Sore thumbs

8/26/13
Old 11-19-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thanks Elsewhere, I've heard of that show. I'm actually more of a sport-touring and adventure cyclist (think of long trips and offroad adventures) vs. the Harley crowd and the bar cruisers, but we're all brothers out there on two wheels, bad thumbs and all
Old 11-19-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Oceanlady View Post
Think bikers and knitters have something in common! Sore thumbs!

8/26/13
Lol, so I probably shouldn't take up knitting, eh?