Class of August 2013 - Part 7

Old 11-20-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Omg.......run!!
Old 11-20-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Andreajp View Post
Double post
Andrea, did you double post on purpose to get us closer to catching up with the September class?
Old 11-20-2013, 07:34 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

You guys are killing me! Lol.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

JD, how are you doing?
Old 11-20-2013, 08:35 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hey all -- just checking in on the class. (No knitting talk, FG, I promise.)

I had a really nice day today. Gosh, it feels good to say that.

Night all,
Venecia
Old 11-20-2013, 08:50 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
I had a really nice day today. Gosh, it feels good to say that.
I did too! And nothing special happened, it was just a really good day. And it was just a couple days ago that I was depressive posting about emotions everywhere. Funny how it changes so quickly. I'm attributing crazy swings to the elusive PAWS, which I've read about but not sure I understand or believe in.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:01 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I had a good day today, too. And you know what I did? The ironing! And, best of all, I went to yoga and dedicated my practice to "not being depressed and bummed out anymore". Then I just came home and went to work. Nothing like a job well done even if it is mundane.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

An ordinary day is a huge achievement! My 100th day sober was also quite ordinary! Trip to the supermarket, swimming lessons with the kiddos, a very ordinary day, and I couldn't be happier.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:14 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Congratulations! That is wonderful, thrilling news. You must surely realize what a wonderful gift you are giving your children: A SOBER MOM! Priceless. And let's not forget the gift of sobriety you've given yourself. So proud of you, Andreajp.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:15 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I'll have to investigate the concept of an ordinary day. Not sure I've ever had one of those....
Old 11-20-2013, 09:29 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
w2r

Lots of good vibrations in the August crowd

I'm feelin' the Energy!!
Old 11-20-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

JUST FOR TODAY, I will make a conscious effort to be agreeable. I will be kind and courteous to those who cross my path, and I'll not speak ill of others. I will improve my appearance, speak softly, and not interrupt when someone else is talking. I found this quote on a page written by someone very wise named GRACE. These words rang true for me in a very deep way. I wanted to share them with you.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:41 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elseware View Post
I had a good day today, too. And you know what I did? The ironing! And, best of all, I went to yoga and dedicated my practice to "not being depressed and bummed out anymore". Then I just came home and went to work. Nothing like a job well done even if it is mundane.
This is so nice. It was a huge thing for me to realize I could do the mundane without drinking. I could garden without vodka in a tumbler and I could paint the walls without drinking breaks. Who knew? And actually enjoy those tasks! Sometimes I think I convinced myself the mundane was awful just so I'd have yet another excuse to drink!

Anyway so happy for everyone. Sounds like the pieces are starting to string together. A sobriety necklace.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:54 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kadidee View Post
How about this for pattern and yarn? Might need some help though figuring out how to get started...
Beautiful yarn! What does your pattern look like? I may make a simply cast on 17 stitches large needled scarf. You just knit till you get the right length you want.
Let me know if I can help you!
Old 11-21-2013, 05:18 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi, Andrea -- Hip, hip, hooray! So proud of you! Onward and upward to the next 100!
Old 11-21-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by advbike View Post
JD, how are you doing?
Thanks ADVbike - doing alright. Mentioned to my sponsor that I was questioning some parts of the AA program and got drawn into an intervention. Definitely felt cultish. I am fighting acceptance right now. Once I get comfortable that I trust the tenants of my program, my resolve will be stronger and will move forward. I shared last night that I feel like I am playing Chutes & Ladders. I climb a ladder and make so much headway and then land on a chute that brings right back to the first step.

My wife thinks I am too obsessed with all this but she thinks I am too obsessed with all my endeavors, skiing, racing cars, triathlons, tennis, work, MMA, fitness, mtn biking - the list seems never ending - I agree but I am trying to figure me out so I know how to adjust some of these levers.

I have therapy today and am looking forward to that.

I have a great weekend planned. I have many acres of land and rented a big excavator this weekend. So my son (2.5yrs old) and I will operate the machine together and pull some tree stumps out. Clearing a view to my pond that I have (8 acre pond that stock with fish).

I get my stitches out tomorrow and knee is feeling good. Can do squats now and can get back in the pool, which is needed as I have shifted my addiction to my wife's Chocolate Chip cookies - mmmmm, so good!
Old 11-21-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Jdooner, you ARE a wild man! Squats already?! Pulling stumps? Whew! You sound like a young man with lots of energy and a great gusto for life. This is not a bad thing you know. It sounds like something many people would like to have in their life. Sure you're not being a little hard on yourself? I'm used to be filled with energy like you. I would leap out of bed ready to hit the day with all my plans. ( that is if I wasn't depressed-my fatal flaw) It was fun and fine for many years. Then as I got older, I wasn't as full of energy as I liked to be. And that's where the drinking and drugs came into the picture. One of the reasons I did it was because I liked the kick of energy that came with their use. Forewarned is forearmed they say. You know you have a substance problem and you can watch out for it. But as for the rest of it, why not enjoy your God-given personality to the fullest? My brother is like you. He is a dynamo and doesn't drink or do drugs. He laughs. He eats chocolate chip cookies. Has a great body. He has a big fish stocked pond. A kid at Stanford. A gorgeous Granddaughter. You deserve every good thing, Jdooner! Take these blessings and lose some of your angst. You're doing great. Take the good being offered. Your pals here are proud of you!
Old 11-21-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Agree with Elsewhere JD, you are really doing great, and we're proud of you. Just remember to enjoy that life you've built for yourself and pace yourself on the discovery process. Very interesting response you got on the AA feelings, but not surprising at all. It's all or nothing for many of those folks.

Be careful on that excavator, I bought a bulldozer once to grade some steep canyon land I was developing and my builder had a heart attack over it and made me cancel the deal. He was certain I was going to kill myself with it, lol. I find ways to rationalize a lot of my toys but that one was a stretch!
Old 11-21-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi, up with hubby at our little camp on a pond. Sitting here looking at the water thinking how great to just relax...but, a little voice is whispering, remember when 4pm comes and your a little bored.......well,I will work though it!
Old 11-21-2013, 09:07 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Oceanlady View Post
Hi, up with hubby at our little camp on a pond. Sitting here looking at the water thinking how great to just relax...but, a little voice is whispering, remember when 4pm comes and your a little bored.......well,I will work though it!
Sounds beautiful Oceanlady, and I understand the temptation. I always associated being up in the woods with drinking. It's all mental though, we just need to change our perspective, and I know you can do it!