Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 15

Old 11-10-2013, 10:10 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Renarde

No coffee - that's the final frontier....
Old 11-10-2013, 10:53 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Aargh haven't had time to catch up. This weekend has been insane. I'm finally settling in. Had a chance to grab a drink with a hero of mine, did not go to the bar. (The bar was adjoining the dining room)
I am a bit rattled from an intense experience of having to be "on" and schmooze with people I hold on a pedestal...
More later

Love to all, I'm sorry I have no idea what's going on

Plenny
Old 11-10-2013, 11:45 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Alright guys, I totally took an ADD pill yesterday. I justified it earlier because I was "studying" with my sponsor, but if I'm starting over based on everything I shared, then I need to start at 1. So, November, 11, 2013:

DAY 1

Done and DONE! Just trying to CONTINUE to be honest with myself...

I think I just shed another caterpillar skin! The growing continues! No more tears, no looking back. Onward and upward!

...Still proud of myself!
Old 11-11-2013, 03:04 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

I admire your honesty Brooksie its a subject that's come up in the rooms of aa quite a bit lately, suppose its anything that fills those holes in our souls that makes living 'easier' to cope with.

Im feeling a bit sorry for myself today, don't know why but im feeling less optimistic and enthusiastic about everything, it will pass I know, just got to dig deep again and get through JUST FOR TODAY.

Sorry for the down talk just need to get it out.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:07 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hugs 1stepup hope you feel better soon it does pass xx
Old 11-11-2013, 03:12 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Wow a lot to catch up on I switch my phone off for the weekend and a whole book load of pages to read :-)

Br00ksie your honesty is amazing kudos too you.

Renarde hope you had a good sleep on your new mattress.

Welcome Carlos.

Love reading all your posts sorry I can't reply to you all xx
Old 11-11-2013, 03:59 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Had a lovely weekend here some anxiety on Saturday afternoon but otherwise one of the best weekends I have had for ages.

Hubby had 2 dates with the woman he wanted to see and hated it bahahaha since then I have been inundated with phone calls which I ignored and texts saying it's the biggest mistake he's ever made I am the only person he can live with blah blah blah. Hense why phone as been off ha!!

Our relationship used to be great best friends but alcohol has taken its toll first his drinking which was like a whirlwind quickly became out of control causing destruction but he just stopped and never looked back. It took me a while to trust him. Mine on the other hand was a slow burner slowly creeping up on me until I finally lost interest in anything and pride in myself far more destructive for us.

Anyways he wants a second chance but I think I need to get me back first before I even think about relationships seriously. I think it's done me a world of good I am doing things now I not done for years due to the depression I was in its kicked me back into living and not just existing. It's still fragile though and I am scared of going backwards so working on me has to be my priority.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:20 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Administrator

I totally agree with you Tallia - get some you time going

D
Old 11-11-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Tallia, I think you're absolutely right! Focus on you and your sobriety. Then things will become clearer and you'll have a good handle on what to do. You still amaze me!

1step, sorry you're feeling blue today. I hope it will soon pass. Thanks for letting us know so we can help cheer you up.

Dee, I love the avatar.

Brooksie, I commend you for your honesty and character. You are very strong.

On my way to work--take care, friends.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:54 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

100% agree with you and Dee ,Talia, your sounding stronger already and wish you all the best.

Hope your feeling better too Dee, its easy at times to take our health for granted, I need to remember this.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Have a great day, everyone!

Swim swim swim!
Old 11-11-2013, 05:17 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hi all. Been hard to post much from my phone and nothing to exiting to day.

Right now, I am having a lovely breakfast alone at our very nice hotel. Husband and kids still asleep and my back was so stiff, I had to get up and move! It is such a treat for this stay home Mom to escape and be served for a nice breakfast. Had a good omelette and the decaf is great!! Better be for the prices here, lol.

I have been reading but out is Hard to past to much from my phone. Tedious. Driving home later. I should be on tonight.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:27 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
And passing you a tissue for the tears.

Regarding substances, I made it through a whole day today without caffeine. I can't believe it. I'm having some mild withdrawal - nothing like I had when I tried earlier this week.

UI, so are you going to buy a new car?? What make/model do you like? I want a Lexus or a Mercedes in my next life. Husband is gunning for a BMW someday. We had a Lexus but had to sell it to pay for some medical treatment for me years ago when our insurance sucked.
If I was going to, today would be a good day to do it, since I have the day off. I'm still undecided though. I sort of have to do it because by keeping my rip off loan it is costing me an extra $200 per month. And at the same time I seem so overwhelmed by car choices, and underwhelmed with wanting any I can afford. I guess I'll know later today. I'm going to look at more online but that seems to give me overload.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:31 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tallia View Post
Had a lovely weekend here some anxiety on Saturday afternoon but otherwise one of the best weekends I have had for ages.

Hubby had 2 dates with the woman he wanted to see and hated it bahahaha since then I have been inundated with phone calls which I ignored and texts saying it's the biggest mistake he's ever made I am the only person he can live with blah blah blah. Hense why phone as been off ha!!

Our relationship used to be great best friends but alcohol has taken its toll first his drinking which was like a whirlwind quickly became out of control causing destruction but he just stopped and never looked back. It took me a while to trust him. Mine on the other hand was a slow burner slowly creeping up on me until I finally lost interest in anything and pride in myself far more destructive for us.

Anyways he wants a second chance but I think I need to get me back first before I even think about relationships seriously. I think it's done me a world of good I am doing things now I not done for years due to the depression I was in its kicked me back into living and not just existing. It's still fragile though and I am scared of going backwards so working on me has to be my priority.
I thought this was beautiful Talia.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Br00ksie View Post
Alright guys, I totally took an ADD pill yesterday. I justified it earlier because I was "studying" with my sponsor, but if I'm starting over based on everything I shared, then I need to start at 1. So, November, 11, 2013:

DAY 1

Done and DONE! Just trying to CONTINUE to be honest with myself...

I think I just shed another caterpillar skin! The growing continues! No more tears, no looking back. Onward and upward!

...Still proud of myself!
So proud of you Brooksie. I read just enough TMZ to know that for a long period of time Lindsay Lohan wouldn't go to any rehabs because none of them would let her keep taking her ADD medication. It must have been very hard for you.

Also don't sweat the count. I'm on day 11 but I feel fabulous. I'm sure the same will go for you. Yeah, it's day 1, but you have a lot of really good time behind you.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Okay, tough to keep pace here and with Undies.

BrOOksie, I admire the rigorous honesty. I used pills "as prescribed" actually gateway myself to a relapse with alcohol in past. That after 11.5 years sober. Kudos to you for catching that in advance. I loved your limerick on this subject.

Tallia, thanks for that post on relationships.

Have a productive and meaningful start to the week, S-13's.

Carlos
Old 11-11-2013, 06:37 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Just a very quick post I will try to catch up later I'm having a bad day my golden retriever had a stroke last night and I'm at the vet with her right now pray for my puppy
Old 11-11-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
Just a very quick post I will try to catch up later I'm having a bad day my golden retriever had a stroke last night and I'm at the vet with her right now pray for my puppy
Prayers sent your way fish xx
Old 11-11-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Oh Fish I am so sorry. I will be thinking of you guys all day today. Pets are family.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Tallia, I think it's a great idea to give yourself time and space. You deserve that much and more after what he has put you through! I think you take as much time as you need and let him sweat.

UI, keep us posted on the car! Exciting stuff. I read that you feel fabulous and I'm glad to hear it.

Rochele, enjoy that breakfast! Very well deserved!