Notices

Class of November 2011 Part 8

Old 08-18-2014, 12:43 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Marine that's so great! That you started a blog, how fun. I love blogging, hitting that "post" button is so satisfying. What is it about?
I have two that are mostly photography and a bit of writing.
About your neighbour, in order to tell other people about you wouldn't she then be admitting that she too was at the AA meeting? And that's a BIG no no, is it not?
I'm glad you're finding meetings there, I admire that about you. I never go to them. I'm just lazy. I've been thinking about going here in Berlin but there isn't one near me and, I don't know, it just would feel weird. Or not, I don't know. Maybe I should just go. How do you get those chips? Do you have to ask for one, make some kind of announcement, or can I mention in private to the facilitator that I want one? I would kind of like to have one.
Have fun in NY!
Old 09-01-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

My life has been pretty much like this thread. Very quiet. I guess that is a good thing.
I have been keeping busy with the usual stuff like long walks, gardening (bumper crops for the most part) and trying to stay cool through the recent heat wave.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:59 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

I move into my own studio apartment in Berlin in one month's time. It is a quiet oasis in the city--I am going to spend the next 8-10 months developing my art. Painting is maybe the most important thing in my life, and the thing I always push to the bottom of my priority list. Not this year. This is my year I am giving myself to just be a painter. Sounds slightly self indulgent, I know, but I've worked my butt off for a long time, and in fact I still am as I'm currently being worked pretty hard by my boss, but that's ok.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:48 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

IP-
I've been doing a lot of painting lately as well. Somehow, I get the feeling we're not talking about the same thing.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:25 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Checking in. All good here. Hubby continues to improve. He was diagnosed with celiac and has completely changed his diet. He is now working on changing the families. We are pretty much organic and gluten free. He feels so much better.

House addition has started so its sort of a mess out front. We have a port a potty in our front yard! The new garage slab and walls are up. Once the garage is done, then we start on renovating the old garage. Lots of decisions to be made. Paint, fixtures, etc.. Lots of stuff going on.

IP, I have been in Berlin. I'm impressed with your confidence and ability to pick up and go like you did! Impressive

Marine are you on the East coast of Florida?

Bimm, sounds like you are nice and relaxed!
Old 09-09-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Tres-
I must say that I am pleasantly surprised that your husband has finally made much needed changes in his lifestyle. Maybe you'll keep him around.

Good like on the the constuction project. They are quite the bother to live with, but in my experience the end result is very much worth it. Hopefully, you've picked a good contractor(s) and they do good work. And, do that work in the shortest possible time. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:00 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

So I didn't end up taking that studio because it just was way too expensive. BUT I might be getting an even nicer apartment to share with a woman I met here. I'll keep you posted!
Old 09-15-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Checking in. Traveling like crazy. Will write more later. Sorry I have been silent!!!
Marine
Old 09-24-2014, 12:18 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Marine--have you been blogging?
Old 09-28-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

It's harvest time. In a few days we'll be packing the wagon and heading west to Iowa for our annual trip to the family farm. This is my favorite time of year. We get to visit with extended family and I get to play on very expensive toys like 4wheel drive tractors and combines (corn/bean picker for any citified folks out there) . I get to work hard, but have fun at the same time. Bouncing around for 12-15 hours on farm equipment is tough on the old butt.

The farm is slightly bigger this year since they bought an adjoining farmstead so that will add another 2 or 3 days to our harvest. Hoping for dry weather and no breakdowns, so we can get it all in on schedule. It wasn't the greatest year weather-wise, but the crop yields appear to be about "average", so the complaints should be minimal.

End of farm report!!

Sober now for almost 3 years.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Bimm - congratulations
Enjoy the farm

D
Old 09-29-2014, 11:48 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

I saw those combines close up when I was in Alberta last summer--cool Bimm!
I move into the new apartment tomorrow.
Yeah three years, holy cow.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:10 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy house-warming IP

D
Old 10-07-2014, 09:16 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Congrats on the three years!
Old 10-09-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Thanks Marine! My date is on October 29. I'm very excited about it. What's your sober time now? Must be getting up there.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Nov 1 will be 3 years for me!!! Doing well here. House is coming along. We had rain for several days and that slowed them down. Hubby is doing great!
Old 10-13-2014, 04:48 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Congrats to everyone for the upcoming 3 year anniversaries and a big shout out to Marine for hanging in there. We are all very cool people.

Just returned from the farm. We didn't get as much accomplished as I had hoped for. The soybeans were finally ready for harvesting the middle of last week and we finished them up late Friday. The corn is not ready and probably won't be until later this month. It was an unusual growing season and the harvest has been very late. Yu just can't rush mother nature. Here's a photo which perhaps helps explain why I feel so at ease on the farm this time of year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Iowa 10-2014 032.jpg (93.7 KB, 30 views)
Old 10-13-2014, 04:54 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Administrator

Looks wonderful Bimm

D
Old 10-13-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Bimm I can't see it!
Old 10-13-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

IP-
I think you have to be logged in to see the pic. If that doesn't work for you, sorry but I have no idea. Dee?