Administrator

Class of October 2022 Support Thread Part 2

Last part here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-one-20.html

D
Old 10-18-2022, 12:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Shotgun!
Doing okay in my little part of the world.
Old 10-18-2022, 12:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by Citrus
Thank you all. I didn't mean stop posting in the class, just about specific grief stuff and what is going on at the moment with this whole process.
You are posting about living "life on lifes terms" sober. IMO That is basically what addiction recovery is all about. For me, your posting has become a source of incredible inspiration. Please keep taking care of yourself as it looks like you know how to do that.
Old 10-18-2022, 01:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee.
Old 10-18-2022, 01:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Did some therapy homework. Cravings are back down to manageable levels now. Damn this stuff.
Old 10-18-2022, 01:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Alpine
Day one
Old 10-18-2022, 03:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
You are posting about living "life on lifes terms" sober. IMO That is basically what addiction recovery is all about. For me, your posting has become a source of incredible inspiration. Please keep taking care of yourself as it looks like you know how to do that.
I agree about the source of inspiration but I didn't know how to word it yesterday.
Old 10-18-2022, 05:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Starting to feel pretty good physically. Had to cancel an annual winter trip because I don't think I can do it without drinking. I hate winter. That week or two in the sun is the only thing that keeps me going some winters, but I know I can't do it.

For now it's just putting one foot in front of the other and avoiding alcohol. The rest of life will fall into place when it's ready, I guess.
Old 10-18-2022, 07:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ending this day with a grateful, sober heart.
Old 10-18-2022, 07:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's been a tough few days. It's 8:20 and time to hit the hay so I can stop thinking. Goodnight all

Old 10-18-2022, 07:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm in the final exam phase of my course and I'm hating it, especially the practical exams. I have six of them to do and they're a massive stressor. I keep thinking of dropping out of the course, even tho I'm 90% done, because the stress is affecting my health so much. I don't feeling like I'm coping. I feel like I'm just trying to survive each week, each day. I'm in permanent high-stress mode. Ugh. I have 6 practical exams, spread out over 3 weeks, so 21 days. It sounds doable, but I feel overwhelmed so often, so it doesn't *feel* doable.

What's also reeeeally unfortunate is that I'm barely motivated to do this course. I started it during the pandemic, because I was the pandemic hit my industry hard and I was really worried about my job prospects. So doing this course seemed like the "sensible" thing to do. But my heart hasn't been in it, from day one. (It's an 18 month course.) I really hate the feeling of going against my heart each day and just doing what seems "sensible".

That and the stress of the final exam phase is a crappy combination.
Old 10-18-2022, 08:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That does sound stressful Untrapped. I hope you can find a solution to make it more manageable.

Thank you all for your kind words.

Ending day 4. I will recap a little more tomorrow.
Nights are the very worst so far. Anxiety is sucky, manageable but ugh. All that I can liken it to a bit is my parents tried sending me to summer camp for years before I could stay the whole week from the horrible home sickness. Times a thousand.
And waking up is just heartstopping when I remember this is real each time I wake.
Just feeling observstions at the moment.

Tiny bit of av when on the way to the soccer game. But quickly over. We got so much support tonight.

Off to sleep or try.
Old 10-18-2022, 11:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

We're all in this together guys
Congrats to all those staying sober and all those coming back
D
Old 10-19-2022, 12:37 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I'm a long time member.10 years now I think. Been away all summer and relapsed last weekend. Had a bit of a mental breakdown. I'm 46, have ADHD, and struggle with how far behind in life Ithan my peers.

I have come to terms with the fact i will likely not have a family and a house on the hill. Probably will still be in my sparsely furnished apartment rest of my life.

I was trying to simply clean my oven because it's been 4 years and the smell is affecting my neighbors. Im going to.hire a cleaning service but got so frustrated with myself that punched a hole in the wall. Went on a weekend bender afterwards.

This is day 3. I've been in this place 5 years now and just still isn't a home.
Old 10-19-2022, 01:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Welcome, Wastinglife, and thanks for the new thread, Dee.

I'm frustrated with myself, because I can't seem to let go of this poison. Had some cheese and crackers yesterday, and of course I poured myself some wine. It feels so nice there and then, but later? Not so much. This thing with the contractor is stressing us big time, and right now we are choosing instant gratification over long term happiness. It's stupid, I know. We got in touch with a lawyer that has agreed to help us in the case against our contractor, and he thinks we have a good case, but I won't believe it until I see it. Today we might be landing a deal with the hospital, they are hiring temps that need a place to stay long term, and that means a great deal to us. I am going to start testing recipes for the cafe, and I think I will film it for my TikTok. That might generate a tiny amount of PR, or even a penny or two.
If only I could turn back time.
Old 10-19-2022, 01:34 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Hope everyone is doing OK. And Citrus, please share what ever you want to share. We are here for you.
Old 10-19-2022, 05:14 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Untrapped2022 View Post
I'm in the final exam phase of my course and I'm hating it, especially the practical exams. I have six of them to do and they're a massive stressor. I keep thinking of dropping out of the course, even tho I'm 90% done, because the stress is affecting my health so much. I don't feeling like I'm coping. I feel like I'm just trying to survive each week, each day. I'm in permanent high-stress mode. Ugh. I have 6 practical exams, spread out over 3 weeks, so 21 days. It sounds doable, but I feel overwhelmed so often, so it doesn't *feel* doable.

What's also reeeeally unfortunate is that I'm barely motivated to do this course. I started it during the pandemic, because I was the pandemic hit my industry hard and I was really worried about my job prospects. So doing this course seemed like the "sensible" thing to do. But my heart hasn't been in it, from day one. (It's an 18 month course.) I really hate the feeling of going against my heart each day and just doing what seems "sensible".

That and the stress of the final exam phase is a crappy combination.
I am in the final leg of a 12-month course, dear Untrapped, and it is also very stressful. Not the same as yours, but still. So I empathize and am with you all the way. You are almost there, and you will have the qualification to add to your resume, even if you don't want to do the job associated with the course. s ❤️❤️
Old 10-19-2022, 05:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

More love darling Citrus. s ❤️
Old 10-19-2022, 05:22 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Love to you too, dearest Red. s
How are you doing after that emotional roller-coaster last week? I feel like I understand that. s ❤️

Liz honey ~ I don't quite understand. I thought the B&B was doing well. s
Sending love to you, too. xx s

Hi WL ~ good to see you. s

Old 10-19-2022, 05:29 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Day 11. Let’s keep pushing.