Notices

Class of March 2013 - Part 19

Old 10-27-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Ken, Jezebel is so adorable :-). Max will just have to get over it! I wouldn't be surprised if you're in for a bit of a rough ride to start but it will all be so worth it!

Shoes, I agree... I'm not a speed demon anymore nor do I drive snazzy, hot cars. I think the cops see my car, my lack of speed and my white hair and I am by then so profiled, chuckle!
Old 10-27-2013, 07:35 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

There she is!! Awwwhhhhh. Jezebel...welcome to the Marcher club! Awhhhh. What a sweet face. Yours too Ken.

How fun. A new puppy dog. And pet store shopping. That's a blast too. Disney World for dogs.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Marcher

Hey, shoes, I'm up doing nothing in particular. Here's a good old movie you should look up- A Bucket of Blood. 60's hipster freakshow. First scary movie I saw, with my GRANDMOTHER of all people. She loved them, too. And all the Poe stories made into Vincent Price movies. Creeeepy. I love Psycho, and Ghost Ship is good. Other than that, I'm more of a Beetlejuice kind of girl. Scary scares the bejeezus out of me. Movies I hate and will never watch again:
Blair Witch Project (I do not go camping anymore) and Hannibal (you know why).
I hope you have a good, relaxing day. Rest up for tomorrow, although it sounds like a pretty relaxed atmosphere you're going into!
Old 10-27-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Marcher

hello.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
snoopyhumour.jpg (12.9 KB, 60 views)
Old 10-27-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Love it, Joy! So true :-)
Old 10-27-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

I had forgotten how much shar pei hate bodies of water larger than their dish. Jezebel's bath was a real workout. 30 pounds of not wanting to be there! Gonna have to figure out an outdoor option!
Old 10-27-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers! I'm flying by but will check in later. Ken Jezzy is just gorgeous and you photograph pretty well too my sober brother.

All good here, I just need to get out the door. Have a good day/evening peeps.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:08 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Marcher

Good morning, Marcher! I hope you have a good one as well!
Old 10-27-2013, 09:17 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Administrator

stay safe from the smoke Marcher

D
Old 10-27-2013, 10:21 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Hi guys I'm totally sucked into a rad book and wanted to pop in and say hello.

Joy, love lovelove the pic, friend!

Ken your puppy is the cutest!!

Life, hang in there kiddo. It will get better. You can make new friends or get the old ones back if that's good for you, but we can really only get on with life when we get sober again. I hope you are having a lovely weekend.

Marcher hang in there with the fires stay safe girl .

Sas, glad you are feeling over the hump on the sober road

Shoes hope your Monday at new job is faboooosh!

Ok, gotta go will catch up soon. This book is making me so homesick for the west, and peeved that I haven't backpacked more before my back got old. Take care everyone!
Old 10-28-2013, 01:35 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Wehav, books were my escape as a child I can get so involved in a big book filled with real characters, that I can feel bereft when I get to the end!

Oh Budd, who is the cutest in that photo? Hard choice! you both look really happy. Molly has no bother with bathing other than shedding hair everywhere, I wished I had warm enough weather up here I could hose her down outside!!

Marcher, mind yourself with those fires.

Sass, what do you mean my better half????? He is 'the current Mr Toots' we have been face timing each other and texting, so it's not been too bad.

Joy, how did I know you would like speeding?? Me too! I'm banned from hubby's Porsche, too much temptation, it really doesn't feel like it's doing 100, honest, Officer! I tend to stick to the lower speed limits here, they are usually there for a reason, but an open quiet road is just begging for me to put my foot down!

Shoes, my Spud loved his little doggy sister from the first, but more recently my cat Minnie took an age to accept Molly into the house. After Minnie died I got zoey from a sanctuary, we had no idea what she'd be like with dogs, but she just walked out the carrier, looked at Molly, and went 'whatever'!

Dee how's it going, I hope you are easing yourself back and not overdoing anything??

Life, not seen u since our photos, how are you doing?

1day, come talk!

Babs, I second Sass, come home sweetie. X
Old 10-28-2013, 02:16 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Administrator

doing fine toots

D
Old 10-28-2013, 03:19 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Sorry to hear about the ongoing brush fires, Marcher. Do they happen every year?
Sass they do happen every year, some years are worse than others, they actually coincide with the El Nino/El Nina effects. Fire is natural to the Aussie bush but add in concentrated urban areas as well as climate change and you can imagine the outcome. Bushfire management has come on in leaps and bounds in the past 10-12 years.

Toots I hope all is well with you with those storms hitting the UK. I figure you are far enough north and east to be not too severely affected but I imagine you'll have some impact.

Night peeps.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi marcher, thanks for your concerns, but I have escaped all but a chill wind, it did hit mostly the south and east, two people were killed in seperate incidents, but motly it is a clear up now.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Marcher

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post

Joy, how did I know you would like speeding?? Me too! I'm banned from hubby's Porsche, too much temptation, it really doesn't feel like it's doing 100, honest, Officer! I tend to stick to the lower speed limits here, they are usually there for a reason, but an open quiet road is just begging for me to put my foot down!
Amen, sister!!!!!!!!

And, toots, I hope you and Mr. Toots are keeping it clean on that face time/texting!

Oh, and I also feel down when I've finished a good book. I really invest myself in it. As does Happy Son. He finished a series recently and after he closed the book he said, "what am I going to do now? its over!" Then he moped around for a few days until he learned the author continues those characters in a new series! Guess what we went shopping for? Of course, I did start reading to my boys in utero, so it goes...
Old 10-28-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Hello All,

Jezebel is doing fine, Max is starting to accept her, they can be within 3 feet now before Max flips out!

Went to counseling session #9 this morning. After the last 8 weeks telling him that I don't use AA, I use a combo of SR and AVRT he shows me a paper and asks if I've ever heard of Rational Recovery!

All I could think is "Have you not been listening to me at all?" Then he proceeds to start reading to me the RR info. I just started chuckling and decided to let him roll with it. Maybe he'll think I was finally paying attention to him.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers. Toots de Sweet I'm glad all is well with you, southern England is sounding pretty bad on the news.

There has to be a temperature inversion here, the level of smoke for the last five days has been worse than when the fires were bad. I've had to resort to antihistamines which isn't like me at all so I pity the asthmatics and other lung-compromised people.

On ya Kenny for putting up with the counsellor, I imagine you wanted to slug him. When we got our current dog the cat, then aged ten, projectile vomited for the first week. Then they became best buddies as I am sure it will be with Max and Jezzy.

ETA I think I'll have to sell Mr Marcher, he drives a 12 year old Berlingo (Citreon van) which doesn't give me a thrill to drive.

Have a good and sober day peeps.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Marcher, I figure only 3 more sessions left and its over. I wonder if he'll mention SR next week! I doubt it, he keeps asking if I'm still involved with "that telephone group"!
Old 10-28-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers

Doing my drive-by, pop-in thing. Wanted to send everyone my best and congratulate Ken on the new member of his family! We are a three-dog family and snow is forecast tonight, so glad for the excessive amount of fur.

The insomnia is easing away, slowly, but surely. I begin a "boot camp" this week because I am bored at the gym and need to keep myself challenged physically, which helps with sleeping and my mood. Still occasionally dream that I smoke and/or drink, but always relieved to wake up sober and nicotine-free.

Big love to all racking up the first 8 months or the first 8 hours. It's all sober, it's all good.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Hola marchers! Ok I'm back that was a good book. Wild by Cheryl Strayed. A coworker recommended it and wow it really hit home on some things. Good lost and found kind of book.

Ken good luck bathing your puppy!

Joy, I'm a speed demon too... I can't help it I learned how to drive in SoCal.

Toots "the current mr. Toots" that cracks me up!!

Northlander good to see you!

Oh this is funny. I'm sitting g here soaking my feet (in a cleaned mop bucket, we are so classy!) and j walks in with some ice cream asking a out it. So I take my feet out for her to try, and now we are both wedged into the end of the couch taking turns sticking our feet in a lavender scented mop bucket. Such is the excitement in our house! Lol