Notices

Class of August 2013 Part 4

Old 09-03-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EternalQ View Post
Finding SR was like an open window my kidnapper had left open ...and I leapt through it and ran like crazy.
I love this!!
Old 09-03-2013, 07:44 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

May I just say, I love this class! On day 16 and my meeting was out last night due to the holiday. Had some drinking thoughts this morning but I am reminding myself of the person I no longer want to be. I am ready to face my problems and endure, not drink myself into a stupor. Great job to everyone, those still hanging in and those who haven't given up on trying!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:53 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

I just had my first dose of stress. My husband got on my horse and she was really full of it. It scared me. He's not as young as he used to be. Neither am I. I wanted to go for the....something. Wow! Hands are shaking. What if I become unable to handle these horses? Maybe I'm still feeling a little physically sick and weak. I hope I get my spirit back. Who am I without that? I feel freaky.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:11 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Give it time Elseware.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:25 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Elseware, good luck. I understand.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:40 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

You are right. I'm only on day 4. And still feel sort of sick. To you ZoeM. Yes, I am an alcoholic, too. I gave up the alcohol and immediately picked up the Vicodin. Which is not to say leaving the drink alone was easy. But I slipped right into opiates like I was born for them. My last drink was 6 years ago. Except for one time a few months into the pills, I was angry with my husband. I took down a bottle of gin, drank half of it. Ate my pills and proceeded to take a needle and gouge into the skin of my arms until they were dripping blood. That was my last drink. Horrible is putting it lightly. It was a long road back from that. Every knew. I have ugly scars. I am still so embarrassed by them. I tell people lies about them. I hope your trip to the dentist was ok. Not painful?
Old 09-03-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

I can't believe how raw and sore I feel. The light is so bright. The world is in sharp focus but I'm glad to be here. However, it's a bit overwhelming. The fear that came over me handling that horse was something else. Deep breaths. If I can handle her stoned, I ought to be able to handle her with all my wits about me. I took a shower, put on real clothes and did some stretching. I feel sort of empty, though, and a little discouraged. I hoped (fantasized) that when the acute phase of this was eased I would feel exhilarated. I LOVE to feel exhilaration. Real life is not exciting all the time, I guess. I can see there are are going to be some psychological aspects to this.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Thanks for explaining Elseware - sorry to hear you've been through SO much You are stronger than you think
My toothache eased off - when it starts hurting again (which no doubt it will), I'll go to the dentist. The coward in me, needs to be in sheer agony to make an appointment
Old 09-03-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

How do folks!
Old 09-03-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Day 15 - woohoo! I think I've been eating too much sugar

Not too much to report today. Back at work, keeping focused.

I hope all had a great weekend and congrats to everybody on their progress!! I love reading your posts!! So inspirational
Old 09-03-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Hello Class,

It has been a while since I checked in. You guys have been posting maniacs. I can't keep up unless I check in daily. LOL! I am happy to report that this was my 4th weekend sober. I had 5 days off from work and let me tell you it was nice and hell at the same time. I see a lot of us struggled with cravings this holiday weekend. I know I sure as heck did. But, I managed to get through it. I am glad you all stayed tough and supported each other during those craving periods. I am so glad to part of such an awesome class. Take care everyone and I will be thinking of all of you.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:59 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
w2r

started the process of getting off wine on aug 19.

The non drinking days have been an eye-opener with how good a person feels and sleeps.
Company(bearing high quality wine) at the cabin over the long weekend resulted in feeling like crap during the day.

I'm making progress, but have to plan for fewer social activities with my friends. I'll have to find non-drinking ones.

The more I read this site the more determined I become. Weekdays are fine for avoiding wine. Weekends are more difficult. I have to go to a large gathering of hiking buddies this Saturday. My intention is sparkling water only in a wine glass. We'll see if I can do it.

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories, it sure helps
Old 09-03-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Day 21 ... I was really put through my paces today, had to go to a funeral !!! Now not sure if many of you have ever being to a country Irish funeral, normal rule of thumb is they last for on average four solid days. Four solid days of drinking starting with the wake in the house and what is worst all the drink is free. It would be very similar to a wedding.

I have to say when the wine appeared my evil devil on my right shoulder was saying "ah one glass won't kill you" but my good angel on my left shoulder won the battle!!!! I can't stand whiskey so that would never be a problem and that is what is served in the house but when I got to the pub the pressure was on!!! I stuck to my guns and here I am having a cuppa with a scone heading into day 22.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

W2r you can do it. I have been drinking tons of sparkling flavored water and it has been helping. I really didn't care for the stuff when I was drinking. I would even chase my vodka down the hatch with good old fashioned plain water. (Shutter). If you need to avoid your drinking friends than by all means do it. I don't associate myself with my old drinking friends. Heck, I actually dumped all my drinking buddies years ago and just drank at home alone on the weekends. I spend most of my time now with sober people and I find them just as entertaining as I did the drunks. It can be done.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Way to go Mayham! Now that is sticking to your guns!
Old 09-03-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Mayan, ThAt was some GOOD work.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Sorry, meant Mayhan!
Old 09-03-2013, 03:02 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you got through Zoe - you too mayhan!

Sober life can be a bit of a challenge for a while elseware - lean on us

congrats to everyone else making it through another sober day

I had to make a few changes in my life w2r - my old life was a drinkers life - it didn't suit the man I wanted to be.

D
Old 09-03-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, my emotions are all over. I don't think I expected this.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Administrator

For me it was like drink and drugs dammed up my feelings - take away the drink and drugs and the levee broke....

It's a little mad for a while but you will find your emotional water level again soon elseware

D