Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 20

Old 07-15-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Frances, it sounds like you are taking great steps toward meeting your continuing goals. That's awesome! You are inspiring, indeed.

My recover(ies) continue to improve as well. I have had a couple breakdowns on the drinking side, including yesterday, as I had beers and wings during my second trip out since my surgery. But, it's weird, as on both drinking occasions, I have had no desire to have more than a couple, and then I stop.

My knee recovery continues to go well. The knee itself is still swollen and painful, but I get a really good day about every third day, and the progress is felt. Pain pills are cut back to less than 50% of last week, which is great, and I'm beginning to get my wits about me enough to get back to work. Yesterday, during my outing, I noticed that my steps with my right (surgical) leg were lifting me higher than those with my left. I was concerned, of course, and thought that my prosthetic might have extended my leg, which can cause real problems. I had discussed this concern prior to surgery, and the doc said it would be brought back to normal, which would feel higher at first. But this was more than just a feeling. Well, when I awoke this morning, it dawned on me to check the shoes I was wearing, which were tennis shoes about a year old. Wouldn't you know that I had worn the left shoe 1/8" more than the right due to favoring the right leg? So the right shoe was, in fact taller! I put on some new shoes today, and couldn't feel the lift. Whew!

Lots of work to catch up on at work. I will likely be pretty scarce around here for the next month or so, but will check in when I can.

Heard from Dave recently. He sounded like he's doing well.

Sorry to hear about your triggers acting up again, Mirage. Keep on the healing path, friend.

The
Old 07-15-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
orangutan

******{Mirage}}}} hold on and take care.Big huggs.

Frances happy to hear your doing so well.

Lofty keep up the recovery and thanks for letting us know how Dave is.

Been getting right into the new bike a little bit stiff but not bad I put it in front of the tele while I ride so I can keep up with the soapies.lol.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support guys! Mirage, I'll send you a PM about the program, don't want to break any SR guidelines.

GO AUSSIE! Love that you are enjoying your bike.

Mirage, you are a FUN MOM. You know that? I'm so happy for your kids. What a priceless gift you are giving them. Trust me on this one. A sober, fun, aware, loving happy mom? That's pretty much perfect.

Lofty, omgoodness, that's a funny story about your shoes. WHEW. What's going on when you order booze? Why are you doing it? No judging from here. I've got plenty of unconscious things that aren't the best for me. Please let em know if this is out of line or makes you uncomfortable. I want you to STAY PLEASE. I can take it.

OH DAVE. I miss him. WIll you send my best wishes? And tell him to please come back here?
Old 07-15-2013, 07:58 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

I miss Dave, too.

Thanks frances, that was really nice to hear. I needed that. I do have a lot of fun with the boys, we laugh a lot. They're very good to me, too.

Thanks everybody..had a nice dinner with my support group women. Sometimes they are amazed at how D seems to be "getting it" and his progress in therapy, compared to their husbands, which gives me a lot of hope. It did rain while we sat outside, but we were under a roof. It was actually pretty cool..the lake is big and it was neat to see the rain pour down on it, tho I faced away from the lake so the other ladies could have a good view, so I didn't get to see it too much. Good to be home, in fuzzy socks and having some raspberry sherbet. My 2 year sober anniversary is Wednesday. D's taking me out to dinner.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:41 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Good questions, Frances. And fair ground, as well. I think its more exasperation than anything else. Although, I can't say I get any relief from it, nor am I glad I spent time drinking the next day. I'd probably like to convince myself that it was the pain killers or other pills causing the issue, not the drinking, but I'm not sure I believe that, or can test that theory adequately since I'm still on the pain killers.

I am off several other drugs right now, including ritalin and zanax, and I hope to stay off those.

I will pass along the messages to Dave. He was just reaching out to tell me I was in his prayers for my knee recovery.

Hang in there, mirage.

Rack up those miles, Aussie! Great for the body and mind alike!
Old 07-16-2013, 10:50 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Mirage, I'm so glad that it seems like D is really "getting it" and I can appreciate that the odds aren't good. I'm sorry for your friends whose partners aren't as on board.

Sorta like the odds here at SR. I regularly check for friends who've left the boards. Hoping they've come back. I just keep hoping. And think too that maybe they got sober "in real life" using a different support system than SR. Quitting drinking is a hard hard hard thing. Addiction is a hard hard thing.

Lofty, what are you exasperated about? I don't understand. I feel concern for you drinking while taking pain killers.

I signed up for the year-long nutrition and fitness coaching program! So did husband! VERY excited....who knows what I'll learn and what changes I'll be able to make!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:32 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Good post, frances. Yep, you're right on and I think about everyone, too, wishing they'd check in and share how they're doing.

Finally!! Today marks 2 years for me!! Yaaaay!!!

D and I are going out to dinner to celebrate.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:10 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

!!!!!!CONGRATULATIONS MIRAGE!!!!!!

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!

Old 07-17-2013, 11:02 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Way to go Mirage....so proud of you! Yes, it is bryan...
Old 07-17-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
orangutan

CONGRATULATIONS MIRAGE8
Old 07-17-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Mirage

D
Old 07-18-2013, 03:41 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers!

Hot as blazes here again. Gonna go for a walk!
Old 07-18-2013, 07:15 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! You're awesome!!

Had a great day! It felt like my birthday! lol Took the boys to see Despicable Me 2, D sent me flowers, and we went out for a very tasty dinner. Pretty perfect day.

I'm busy till Sunday night. Tonight, another college roommate (this one from Utah), is coming in for the night. Then tomorrow, we go to the other side of the state for that amusement park trip, so I may not be around much till after the weekend.

Cold front comes through tomorrow for us..yay! This heat has been something, hasn't it?? It's like the whole country is on fire. Anyhoo...hope everyone is well, talk soon!
Old 07-20-2013, 05:21 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hi all! Happy weekend! Great night out with my running girls, we saw Annie in broadway.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

"Maybe far awaaaay, or maybe real near byyyy..." LOVE Annie! Don't get me started, you know I'll sing the soundtrack!

What a great weekend I had! My body hurts! We spent ALL day in the amusement/water park. Didn't leave till 10:00 pm. The water park was awesome, some of those water slides were INTENSE! Then today, we headed out to a local ball field and played moms against sons. Tons of fun! I'm not used to all out sprinting, so I'll be a bit sore, but I know I impressed Ben, which was cool. I hit well, fielded well, talked smack and ran my butt off. haha. A little sun burned, a little sore, but feeling great. The moms were really fun to be with..easy to get on with. And guess what? Not a drink was drank! Of course, we didn't have a lot of time for that, but still. I know some of my friends would have MADE time, or ordered drinks at dinner. This group didn't, and I thought that was great.

I got home today and quickly jumped on line to order my movie tickets for the film festival D and I are going to in August. I'm really happy with the tickets I was able to get. 3 documentaries and a feature film, and I have my sites on one more if we arrive early enough on Thursday night, we'll get in line for standby tickets. So 2 on Friday and 2 on Saturday, for sure. Yay! I've always wanted to go to a film festival, so I'm excited about it.

Hope you all had a good weekend!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:18 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

You are not only a fun mom, but an awesomely active & fit mom! Glad you had a blast. Yeah,isn't it funny how most people can have a perfectly great time without thinking alcohol has to be a part of it?

The heat broke. O.M.Goodness. It's such a relief. Outside feels good again.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:59 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
orangutan

Mirage so nice to hear you posting with such joy!!! Glad you had a good time.

Frances hope the cooler weather hangs around for you.

I haven't been posting much because I have nothing to say really, theres not much going on for me, I am still on a 3 day cycle with my drinking it seems to be where I come undone for now, still working on going the distance though.I have been keeping up the bike riding and feeling better for it, I am in a pretty good state of mind these days ,not getting as depressed for some reason so enjoying the peace of mind .

How are you going with the drinking Lofty ? and where are you?

Hi Bryan hope things are looking better for you.

Dee those pesky maroones done it again LOL.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Administrator

did you ever check out AA aussie?

D
Old 07-22-2013, 03:09 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
orangutan

I only made the phone calls never got to a meeting, aside from the distance there and back its a small community and I know a lot of people in town and worried about running into people I know. I still have the adress and phone numbers so its not off the table.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

I remember that cycle well, aussie. Maybe try to push it to 4 days for awhile..get used to that. Then 5, etc. ?

Oh, and I just remembered, frances...do you remember after you posted that you were gonna do that fitness on-line thing with your husband, that I said I wanna do a cartwheel before the end of the summer? Well I did one! haha. We were all trying them on the ball field, it was pretty funny. I'm super sore today, btw.

The ups and down continue...pushin through!