Notices

Class of August 2012 Part 6

Old 11-29-2012, 01:38 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Dee
For a man of few words , you know how to pack a punch with the few words you choose to use . I am not sure what "things you are referring to. Are you sure you haven't been reading my posts in the Women's Forum?

A more reflective post will follow when I get time to sit and reflect on how I'm travelling ATM.

Hi Ho Hi Ho off to work I go ......
Cheers
Jodie
Old 11-29-2012, 01:50 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Administrator

I haven't read any other posts, honest, Jodie...sometimes I admit I kinda read between the lines tho

Hope all is well

D
Old 11-29-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Dee
Old 11-29-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Just calling in to say goodnight.

It's been such a long day and I'm sooo tired. Got home from work and my son was waiting for me! Not too bad anyway, I fed him and then drove him home. There's a huge battle going on between him and his ex but I'm doing my best to stay neutral. Big sigh!
She's turned up with no return flight ticket, 100 Euro and no job etc!

Hi Stairs, sounds like you've had a good day. Reconciliation!! I'd say that is a definite no! Lol.

Erica hi, coffee, toffee icecream, that's a new one on me! Thank goodness I don't like icecream or I'd probably be eating it by the bucketful.

Steve, I'm so glad you managed to keep the A.V at bay, I think also that's a big reason for checking in here as much as you can. I know how difficult it is trying to fit everything in, especially with three children, but I really think you need the support, well I know I do anyway, your sobriety is everything, get that sorted and everything else will fall into place so try and post as much as you can. The dirty rat called A.V is very crafty and will sneak in before you realise if it's thinks there's a crack in your armour.

Hmmm Jodie/ Dee I'm intigued, off the the women's section I go!

See you all in the morning.

Night, night

Sleep well
Old 11-29-2012, 04:50 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hope the birthday girls had fun!

Stairs, sounds like a fab idea that M nixed the B's stay-over with her bf.

Steve, good job holding off that AV. Remember, always, remember that you are in control, not that nasty beast.

Grace, hope you get some quality sleep tonight. You do handle things with grace from where we can see things. I'm not so sure I would be so accommodating to a son who has given you so much grief. As for his ex, eek. Gotta wonder what her motive was in coming.

I'm a bit down in the dumps today. I fully expected to hit the jackpot in the $500,000,000 Powerball jackpot. Imagine my dismay when I found out that two winning tickets were sold in Arizona and Missouri.

The mail came today and still no more test results so I called Yale and they faxed over what they had. They were not able to provide results for one test (which for the life of me I cannot understand) and the test for o-bands came back negative. Where this leaves me, I do not know. I have an appointment scheduled for the end of January and have to figure out what to do in the meantime.

Slim
Old 11-29-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry about the lack of results...and the not winning the lottery Slim

D
Old 11-29-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Hi Sober Pals! I have a 2nd/final interview with Wells Fargo tomorrow! I really want this job times ten. Anger flare ups went down today But I apologized where necessary and I can smile now. I've been cooking everyday, and doing cardio, and I feel good.

Hope everyone is doing really well.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:41 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Jodie, nice that you've been cleared to run. It's hard for an active person to not be able to exercise. I hope this will keep you fit and happy until your shoulder is well.

Let me add my voice to the chorus with Happy Birthday to the gals, Erica and Stairs. I hope it's been a good one for you both.

Congrats on the house, Stairs. I admire your gumption for ending the "tutoring tirade". It was obviously a waste of your time. Tuna and cranberry? That's a new combo to me--I bet it's good, eh?

Slim, sorry you didn't get all the results of your tests. Rats--more waiting for you. I hope your letter about your son gets the intended results. At least the issue is out in the open, and they know that their behavior is unacceptable.

Erica, how proud you must be to know you had such a positive effect on your friend! Isn't it great that you were in a position to help someone else?

Steve, way to hang in there and triumph over the AV. I hope you're sleeping peacefully and feeling good about yourself.

LLG, good luck with that interview tomorrow. We're all pulling for you!

Grace, I hope you'll be well-rested in the morning. I agree staying neutral sounds like the best course. But it's hard not to get dragged in to some things, too. I'm so glad the little boy has you to look after his best interests. The adults are on their own.

Dee, now you've added mind-reading to your other skills! You continue to amaze me.

All is well in my little world. Going to check on another horse barn tomorrow. I'd like to ride a little more often than my weekly lesson, and this place can lease a horse for some extra practice. Be well and stay strong, friends.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:33 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Hi All

Well I have finally got some "down time" at work ... reports are done ... major awards decided , 2 weeks of e-mails are read and replied to and I have got 20 minutes of "chillax time" as the teenagers call it here.

As far as triggers and me drinking I think I can say I have managed to determine strategies to avoid most of them.

I am coping with the day to day stressors at work remarkably well... I have had some hairy situations this fortnight and I am still chillaxed..

I am revelling in being sober with my kids and being able to take them places... I know I have said that a few times.

I can avoid christmas parties ... I don't really attend any anyway

Work lunch is going to be tricky ...it is during work time (on site) and lots of yummy food and secret santa etc... the funny thing is at the very most I usually only drink low alcohol wine at this function because I have to drive to kids sport later ... I simply had to wait till "later" to have my chrissy drink ... so this year I am not sure if I am up to attending the function and not sure how I avoid attending... and I know I am not meant to be worrying about that yet but I am going to have to RSVP and pay for it soon.

Christmas Day and champagne aggghhhhhhh

My biggest stressor is my hubby which I have only touched on because I don't want to bore you and I am not going to drink because of him. So for a quick vent (I've only got 5 minutes) .....so you'll be saved by the bell literally.

I am tired of being his taxi and having to organise MY day to suit his drinking... I am tired of his put downs ... I am tired of him controlling the money I primarily earn.... and tired of putting up with him when he has been drinking and he tries to pick fights with me and sometimes the girls. Since I have been sober I have developed strategies that have reduced the conflict in this house dramatically .... but it is tireing..and when he is sober he is a lovely father but our communication as husband and wife is pretty much non -existent and has been for a while ... I am not going to drink because of him though ... so vent is over .. the bell has gone ...

have a lovely weekend All

Cheers
Jodie
Old 11-29-2012, 08:44 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
HFA

happy birthday Erica and Stairs, believe it or not, mine was sunday. What are the odds?

I too am unhappy I have to still work since I did not win the big bucks. Sigh....
Old 11-29-2012, 10:58 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Thats a lot Jodie thank you for sharing. I love your determination that you will not drink because of your husband.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:01 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy birthday you guys!
and thanks Jodie - now I'm fully clued in

the first Xmas is a little weird but it was a badge of honour for me...the longer into the day it got the more determined I was to stay sober as others around me got messier and messier....

You'll be fine

D
Old 11-30-2012, 04:21 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Still here,still sober,been out with the dog most of the morning,had a good breakfast of 3 slices of toast and 5 scrambled eggs....Now time for the gym,back and biceps today,my fave workout......
Old 11-30-2012, 11:55 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Another day nearly done as I'll go watch some TV in bed soon....Had a great session in the gym earlier and I'm feeling sore already...Ate a good fish and chip dinner,extra large portion easily over 1000 calories and I'm just about to put a big dent in a litre tub of double chocolate ice cream...I'm really enjoying food again....Hope everyone is well...Take care....Steve.....
Old 11-30-2012, 01:35 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Happy Birthdays folks! Hope the interview went well, LLG!

Slim, hope you get some better answers soon.

Grace, Steve, LSC, hFA, Nuway and Erica and everyone big huggles

I've been all over the place again but it's just something I've got to go through. Just massive swathes of grief and guilt over the past that I hadn't looked back at for so long. They have just been really loud advert breaks though in amongst positive attitudes and behaviours which are starting to become less forced, more habit.

things are two steps forward one step back instead of one step forward, two steps back so I'm still moving forward on the right path in the right jungle I guess.

On Day 100 today so 99 full days means 27.1 per cent of the year has been lived without a drop of alcohol and what a wild time that's been!

"We become what we think about all day long."
Ralph Waldo Emerson (May 1803 - April 1882)

Wishing everyone a non-hungover Saturday morning xxx
Old 11-30-2012, 01:43 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Many many congrats on 100 days apple....I really hope I hit 100 this time round....Job well done......
Old 11-30-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Reckon you will Steve :0)

Thanks! I had fish and chips too last night. Tonight I just had salad and but then homemade biscuits afterwards hehe.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations from me too AC...:bounce

time for a new thread I reckon...we continue here
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-7-a.html

D