Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 5

Old 09-28-2012, 02:54 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Thanks for being there Dee have a great night :-).
Old 09-28-2012, 04:34 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

On day 6, and happy on this rainy day. I had a great session with my therapist yesterday, and am proud that I have taken this step to get sober. The weekend is ahead, but I am going to take it one hour at a time. Have a Blessed and Sober day friends.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:40 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Good Morning Fellow Classmates!

Out of curiosity to know how many classmates we have, I went back to the beginning of this thread, (beginning on 9/23).

I found 60! Congrats everyone! for being here, staying here, hanging in there, joining, rejoining, Day 1 to Day 30, you are all such great support and encouragement.

For so long...I felt so alone, abnormal, misunderstood...thinking I was insane (guess I was )

Now I'm among friends who truly understand one another! Now that's "Serenity"!

I woke up this morning feeling refreshed, ready to tackle another 24 hours. It'll be a long one With work then rehab... My heart and prayers are with you all...Keep up the great work!

xoxox
Old 09-28-2012, 04:44 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Walking with God- Would you send some of that rain to Kansas, plz?
Congrats on 6 days! Doesn't it feel good?

xoxox
Old 09-28-2012, 04:48 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SunnyFlower View Post
Walking with God- Would you send some of that rain to Kansas, plz?
Congrats on 6 days! Doesn't it feel good?

xoxox
It feels great. I am feel like am I being the father and husband I was supposed to be. You are doing great SunnyFlower. I wish you the best. I wish I could send the rain your way. Stay Blessed.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:49 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Having a challenging morning. I feel angry, lonely and left out of life by everyone and everything. I am sure it's just chemical from Mondays episode. But I need to work at changing this mood before I get out of work. I don't need the extra baggage going into a Friday evening.

Have a meeting planning for later. New to them so this will be the first at this group. I am not an AAer yet so please don't push. I am just going to understand all my options and see whats best for me. I said yesterday if I don't try everything available I cannot take myself serious about healing. So I am doing it all.

Sorry to be a downer.

Time to get my head into my job ... That should help.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:06 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Weasel,

This mood you are feeling is normal, especially in the early days of recovery. It will pass!

I am at day 27 and feel like I've been on a rollercoaster ride, up and down since I got sober. It is getting better!

You did the first best thing this morning just by posting, getting your feelings off your chest. Sometime's we all need to vent a little.

You are smart to look at all the options. I spent a year looking before getting sober. I am so busy with rehab, AA, that I have to work on these first, before I look into more options, which I am sure I'll check into after rehab is over. I am consumed with staying sober right now and it's working so far.

There are a lot of resources out there (more then I knew) and you will find the one that's right for you...keep searching, my friend.

Best Wishes and Glad you are here with us!

xoxox
Old 09-28-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Hey Weasel..Sorry you are having a bad day...feeling lonely and angry sucks...it will pass though.. Glad you posted...send a note later to let us know how you are doing!

WWG....you are an inspiration..you are doing really well...

Morning to all....last week end in September....It has been a good experience for me.. I have had some success, some failure, and received great support.

I am going to have to continue and join the October class...

Jim
Old 09-28-2012, 05:27 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Sunny and Jim. Thanks. I will check back in.

Does this class continue after sept or do we all go to Octobers class?

Like you Jim I had some success and failure. And of course good support from you all.

I know the mood will pass but it's strong and I have to fight it to get where I know I should be. I will.

K
Old 09-28-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Weasel....the class ends..However Dee will start a new October class for newcomers and those who are struggling...Please join...post everyday...let people know how you are doing and offer support to others just joining the SR community!

Jiim
Old 09-28-2012, 05:40 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by driftapart View Post
End of day 10 for me. I'm laying in bed at 3:00AM, unable to sleep.

Took a hot bath, drank warm milk, and a melatonin. Hope it helps soon.
Turn off your lights, TV and computer and your body will produce its own melatonin. Free of charge.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:44 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberjim View Post
Hey Weasel..Sorry you are having a bad day...feeling lonely and angry sucks...it will pass though.. Glad you posted...send a note later to let us know how you are doing!

WWG....you are an inspiration..you are doing really well...

Morning to all....last week end in September....It has been a good experience for me.. I have had some success, some failure, and received great support.

I am going to have to continue and join the October class...

Jim
Hi Jim, you can do it stay with us in the September group. PM if you want.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:45 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Weasel, you're not being a downer, you're just being real. I have felt (still feel) the exact same way. We have our up & down moments thru this journey, that's for sure. I have turned down so many invites, big & small, in order to protect my sobriety. On one hand I'm proud of myself that I've been able to do that, on the other is where the 'lonely & left out' feelings overwhelm me at times.

You are doing so many things right. Coming on here & posting, your honesty, not giving up, looking into your options, planning meetings. Be proud of yourself for that.

It has seriously helped me reading the posts of those that are further than us. They still have hard days too, but everyone of them have also said that it does get easier. I hold onto that hope. I have faith that it will. The only sure fire way that it won't, is if we give up...and I don't see that in either one of us! We can do this!

I have faith in you my friend!
Hang in there!
jaz
Old 09-28-2012, 05:52 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Soberjim, please do not leave us! The September group will stay in tact, it just moves to Newcomer's Daily Support Threads...down one spot from Newcomers to Recovery.

Please...
Old 09-28-2012, 05:56 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

No I am not planning to leave...just considering joining the October group as well...

Jim
Old 09-28-2012, 05:58 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by elihoping View Post
Hi lefthook, how life has improved:

- I don't wake up anymore trying to remember what I did last night - how many drinks, how many cigarettes, how I made a fool of myself. Well I do wake up wondering but then I remember I don't drink anymore and it's the most wonderful feeling of relief.

- I have some money in my pocket. I never really thought I was spending that much because I buy cheap booze and I haven't done drugs since last year but I must have still been spending enough because I definitely notice a change in my finances.

- For years, I've beaten myself up for all my problems - low self esteem, procrastination, lack of confidence, disorganisation, unreliability etc etc etc. To know that a lot of that is tied into my alcoholism and that if I stay sober, it'll improve, fills with me such hope and excitement for the future.

- I actually feel very excited for a sober future. With any social event, I've always dreaded it. I wanted to drink but I also knew I couldn't handle alcohol so every single social event was a potential disaster for me. Knowing that I can't drink, not even a single drop, takes a lot of pressure off me.

Look, I'm not going to lie and say my life is perfect now I'm three weeks into sobriety. It's not. I'm still exhausted. My house is a shambles, I'm still eating crap and not exercising. I've been numb up until about 3 days ago and now the main feeling is one of depression but here's the thing - while it sucks a fair bit now, I know, know, know that if I stick with it, my life will become wonderful - full of ups and downs that aren't created by chemical highs and lows. We've all just got to stick with it for a better life. x
I'm at exactly 3 weeks today, as well. Day 21!

I definitely agree with the "not waking up trying to remember what I did last night" thing. This is huge for me. I saw someone (in a different thread, I think) post that he was always running to the computer the next morning with a sense of dread to check what he wrote on Facebook. I don't do that anymore. Love being able to actually remember the night before clearly, not all fuzzy around the edges.

I sleep SO well... I know a lot of people here have had sleep issues, but for me my sleep has improved so much I can't even tell you. I actually sleep through the night now. I used to wake up a million times, and it was so hard to get back to sleep. (Not to mention waking up to go to the bathroom, still tasting alcohol in my mouth, and being so thirsty, having to chug tons of water before I could get back to sleep... I don't miss that AT ALL.)

My marriage has improved. Obviously I'm not saying it's suddenly perfect now, but we don't argue nearly as much. I started a lot of fights that made no sense when I was drunk.

I don't embarrass myself in front of my friends... this didn't happen that often when I drank, but it happened enough.

I feel generally clearer, more productive, and more content. I'm still irritable sometimes, like when I first quit, but it's slowly becoming less often.

I've stopped blaming everyone and everything for my problems... my life is actually pretty good, I just wasn't appreciating it for what it was because I was drunk all the time.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:59 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Isn't the October group for people who are starting in October? I think our group just moves to Daily Support Threads. I'm staying here
Old 09-28-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by soberbythesea View Post
Isn't the October group for people who are starting in October? I think our group just moves to Daily Support Threads. I'm staying here
Me Too
Old 09-28-2012, 06:15 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberbythesea View Post
I'm at exactly 3 weeks today, as well. Day 21!

I definitely agree with the "not waking up trying to remember what I did last night" thing. This is huge for me. I saw someone (in a different thread, I think) post that he was always running to the computer the next morning with a sense of dread to check what he wrote on Facebook. I don't do that anymore. Love being able to actually remember the night before clearly, not all fuzzy around the edges.

I sleep SO well... I know a lot of people here have had sleep issues, but for me my sleep has improved so much I can't even tell you. I actually sleep through the night now. I used to wake up a million times, and it was so hard to get back to sleep. (Not to mention waking up to go to the bathroom, still tasting alcohol in my mouth, and being so thirsty, having to chug tons of water before I could get back to sleep... I don't miss that AT ALL.)

My marriage has improved. Obviously I'm not saying it's suddenly perfect now, but we don't argue nearly as much. I started a lot of fights that made no sense when I was drunk.

I don't embarrass myself in front of my friends... this didn't happen that often when I drank, but it happened enough.

I feel generally clearer, more productive, and more content. I'm still irritable sometimes, like when I first quit, but it's slowly becoming less often.

I've stopped blaming everyone and everything for my problems... my life is actually pretty good, I just wasn't appreciating it for what it was because I was drunk all the time.
Can't believe I forgot to mention sleep! Yes - that improves so much! Crazy dreams still but sleeping through the night is awesome!
Old 09-28-2012, 06:16 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Hey guys....Weasel....Sorry about the confusing statement I made...

I reread it and see where I may have caused confusion..

The September class does not end.. Dee will start a new one for thos beginning in October...The September class will continue below.

Not to worry..I am not going anywhere..This class is a great group of folks and I will need your support to continue. I also look forward to providing whatever support I can to those having a bad day!

WEASEL...stay will the September group...Great to have you with us.

Apologies again for my miscommunication folks!

Jim