Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 16

Old 06-26-2012, 01:26 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Rosie WINS! That is so interesting about the bulletproof coffee. Don't know that it would be my cup of tea *snerk* but who knows, maybe I'll try it some day and like it.

The only thing I care about is that you are feeling good. Congrats on your continuing mighty sober time and your incredible weight loss accomplishment. Well done lady.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:37 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Frances, some people make it with organic green tea instead Think Yak butter tea. Took me a while after learning of it to try it, sounded so gross to me, actually! If you search on the BulletProof Coffee or BulletProof Executive or Upgraded Self, I think you may find it and him very interesting. He does this thing he calls bio-hacking, has spent a LOT of money and time on research, aiming for optimal performance mentally and physically, and there may be something of interest there for you and your running.

BP coffee or tea might be just the thing before an early morning run!

So psyched for you about that conference, wish I could attend. "Watching" you build your business and your life has been so very encouraging, I'm glad you share it with us and very happy for you!

Thank you!
Rosie
Old 06-26-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you Rosie - hope everyone continues to have a good week!

D
Old 06-26-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
orangutan

YES good to see you Rosie and congratulations on the weight loss.

LOL Frances but once you said close my eyes I just had to look. YUCK that breakfast sounds awfull,sorry.

Mirage I drink a lot of different teas, green tea ,green tea with jasmine,black tea and earl grey are my favourites.

Lofty have you read 50 shades of grey?????? There is a lot of talk about that book here.Did you put your kindle in a brown paper bag?lol.

Mirage I am funny about posting when my husband is not home on the internet also, my man has been away for the last 4 days I wanted to tell you all but I get paranoid saying it on the internet . He got home early this morning ,glad he is back I hate being alone and now I may be able to keep out of the arcade, my pinball fingers are stiff.LOL.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:52 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

OH and YAY MIRAGE for rocking your weekend. I'm proud of you.

Rosie, you made my heart swell, thank you for your kind words.

Aussie, lol on you not being all all-in breakfast person like me. (OR heavens! Rosie!). Glad your man is back.

The conference is Thurs-Fri in NYC. TOMORROW, I'm going to an all-day Green Career workshop. It's this crazy-coincidental timing thing.....I'll get to polish and refine what I'm looking for and then go put it work on Thurs/Fri. The Universe is crazy.

My workout clothes for Wed Thur Sat are already laid out.
Outfit for tomorrow is tried on and hanging.
Lunch for tomorrow is packed. (They are serving pizza and that's not a good choice for me.)
Outfits for Thurs-Fri are ready to go.

OH, and you'll all like this. I started to get antsy nervous about "Where is the NYC Conference? What if it's really far away from the train station? What if I get really tired and miss my train?" SO, the conference is....wait for it...ACROSS THE FLIPPING STREET from Penn Station. Really! Could the Universe be pitching softballs to me any easier?

Have a good night and morning Marchers.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:53 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds like a great week ahead Frances - enjoy

D
Old 06-27-2012, 04:09 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Have a great conference, Frances! You'll rock it!
Old 06-27-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Glad your hubby is home, aussie! lol..you're a pinball wizard! I'll have to go back there. I forget it's there.

Hope you're enjoying your conference today, frances!

Any smores yet, Lofty?

Had a dermatology appointment this morning. He was NOT impressed with my tan. He didn't scold me too badly, but I feel bad like he did. Guess I'll be better with the sunscreen.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

No smores, as no fires. But PLENTY of food. Folks raved about my kabobs last night. Me? They upset my stomach. Glad I was the only one.

Beach all day today. Great weather, great water. Went for a long bike ride in the a.m. too. We don't really have a big event planned, and that's fine.

Nice and relaxed. Hope all of you are too.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:19 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Today's transitioning to a green career workshop was awesome. Made some big steps forward in being clear and articulate about my career. One of the teachers is a HUGE Corporate Guy. He knows people who know people.

Ready for the conference tomorrow. My mantra is to relax and enjoy it, to pretend it's like a fun school event and know that it will be fun.

I tell ya, this whole living-without-anxiety thing is STILL not old. It's such a giggle to be prepping for this thing and NOT feeling terrible. OK, I amuse easily.

Have a great night!

Grateful for you all, grateful for sobriety, grateful for SR, we are the lucky ones.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:05 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Have fun tomorrow, f!

Nice pic, Lofty! Far away, but still good. Hard to get that many in one shot!
Old 06-28-2012, 05:09 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

G'morning all! Another sunny day at the beach. We've found another group of old friends down here, so we'll likely have a meetup today or tomorrow. One of my college friends came over Tuesday and visited for an hour. That was nice.

I had to end my day early at 8 pm yesterday due to an excruciating tension headache in the center of my brain. It started as my neck pain, and grew, probably from new beds, unusual positions in beach chairs, etc., plus latent stress of family. I took a muscle relaxer and nsaid to no avail, and then just had to take a xanax and go to bed. It's all gone today.

Fished a little yesterday, and may hit the pier today with my kids and their cousins.

Have a great convention, Frances! Network, network, network!

Thanks, Mirage...it is a tight pic. That's the house we are in. Nothing fancy but it does the trick. It's all we need.

Everyone doing okay? I guess Dave's on vacation this week too?
Old 06-28-2012, 07:29 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Glad you're gettin good weather. A friend of mine was in Florida for a week and got nailed with all that rain and storms. Sorry about your head..happy you're feeling better today. Do you head home on Sunday? Did you drive or fly? I reckon you drove, can't remember. Hey, if there's any food there worth talking about, do. I'm always interested in different dishes and such. I'm in a RUT with dinners. I really need to shake things up.

Gonna be 100 here today. Just have a few errands, mostly staying in. Had a drinking dream last night..Cap't Morgans and Coke. It's already totally shaken off, I can hardly remember it. The doc lowered my dosage with the antibiotic in hopes that my headaches go away, so let's hope. I started taking it at night, which I think helps, but I still have a headache every day.

Watching the Supreme Court ruling on the healthcare bill! Have a great day, my friends!
Old 06-28-2012, 09:08 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Pier fishing this morning, and maybe a little more tonight.

Last night was a seafood alfredo which was awesome. Seared ahi tuna and sausage dip for appetizers.

The sausage dip is REALLY easy. Brown any brand of HOT sausage (1 lb), drained of fat. Add a package of cream cheese or neufchatel for lower fat (a block, which I think is 8 oz), then add a can of diced tomatoes with chopped green chili peppers, either packaged together, or separately, optionally drained. I drain them.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Lofty--what kind of fish are you catching?? Howdy gang--been in a real funk lately. Trying real hard to be patient & persistent with my 'forge ahead along the right path' attitude. I guess I just can't let go of a lot of the problems that hit me. In my 'drunk' days I would get numb to circumstances, now I am raw and feel these problems like I never have before. My life is not what I expected to be at this time. I try to hold onto the idea that this is HIS plan and 'more will be revealed'. But things continue to pile up--family matters; personal disatisfaction with my life; job stress; struggling to find 'serenity'. I hope that the theory of pain & problems make my faith & belief stronger.
I search for things to be grateful for....I am grateful that these things aren't making me want to drink as I know that has what got me where I am today. I have a hard time making decisions...I often feel vulnerable, lonesome. I still hit 4 meetings a week, sometimes 5...as I know that AA is my anchor. I hope this doesn't come off being whiney, I just have to vent. The thought of 'life sucks then you die' often comes into my head. I'm almost 16 months sober..and plan to continue. I just hope this road gets smoother...thanks for letting me share...
Old 06-28-2012, 01:39 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Aw, I'm sorry things aren't going better for you , and that you're not happier, Bryan. I'm sure it's hard to stay positive with so many things going on. I give you a lot of credit for trying to stay positive and going to meetings so frequently. I'm sure they will get you through this. Don't ever apologize for venting or whining for that matter. It's what we're here for and we're happy to listen anytime. I'm glad these things aren't making you want to drink, too.

That dip sounds really good. I've done a similar one, but with Velveeta, and I have to say, this sounds better. Too fake cheesy for me, the other. Never heard of neufchatel. Have to check it out.

Bloody HOT here. Holy smokes. ~help meeee...I'm mellllltiiiiiiing....~
Old 06-28-2012, 04:47 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hugs and strength to you Bryan. Post often! We're here for you! Not whining at all. We all need to learn to live sober and it's a challenge for all of us in our own ways.

Sorry it's so hot mirage!

Conference was great. I have some work to do with networking skills, that is good to learn. I tweeted during the meeting and other people in the room liked my ideas. Figure that's a grt way to meet people.

Biggest win is that I'm tired but not burnt out, frazzled, or depleted. Holy cow, sobriety is the way to go

I shook hands and swapped cards with a big big fish. He's like the jack Nicholson of the sustainability world. Incredibly admired, giant intellect, iconoclastic leader. Wow.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:53 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

There were two other people in the room who I knew were there because I mentioned I was going. They got a bigger discount than I did by claiming nonprofit credentials, not really true because they were there to make client contacts. However, they only got admittance for today so tomorrow is mine. I was a bit miffed because they were aggressively networking getting cards. Yeah, I felt they were being competitive with me when they would t have known about the conference if I hadn't shared it.

I decided that talent and verve will win out and that I am not competing with them. I'm looking to learn and build relationships. My tweeting shows that I'm in the game and contributIng to the conversation.

The big lesson is that I want to act from abundance and not play into their scarcity mentality. Yeah it bugged me but I was the one at the end of the day shaking mr big fishes hand!

Thank u all for your support today. On train home now.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Originally Posted by frances2011 View Post
There were two other people in the room who I knew were there because I mentioned I was going. They got a bigger discount than I did by claiming nonprofit credentials, not really true because they were there to make client contacts. However, they only got admittance for today so tomorrow is mine. I was a bit miffed because they were aggressively networking getting cards. Yeah, I felt they were being competitive with me when they would t have known about the conference if I hadn't shared it.

I decided that talent and verve will win out and that I am not competing with them. I'm looking to learn and build relationships. My tweeting shows that I'm in the game and contributIng to the conversation.

The big lesson is that I want to act from abundance and not play into their scarcity mentality. Yeah it bugged me but I was the one at the end of the day shaking mr big fishes hand!
Thank u all for your support today. On train home now.

THIS is BIG THINKING!!!! Isn't it great to be back in to long term thinking?! Proud of you, Frances!
Old 06-28-2012, 07:11 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Originally Posted by bryangt View Post
Lofty--what kind of fish are you catching?? Howdy gang--been in a real funk lately. Trying real hard to be patient & persistent with my 'forge ahead along the right path' attitude. I guess I just can't let go of a lot of the problems that hit me. In my 'drunk' days I would get numb to circumstances, now I am raw and feel these problems like I never have before. My life is not what I expected to be at this time. I try to hold onto the idea that this is HIS plan and 'more will be revealed'. But things continue to pile up--family matters; personal disatisfaction with my life; job stress; struggling to find 'serenity'. I hope that the theory of pain & problems make my faith & belief stronger.
I search for things to be grateful for....I am grateful that these things aren't making me want to drink as I know that has what got me where I am today. I have a hard time making decisions...I often feel vulnerable, lonesome. I still hit 4 meetings a week, sometimes 5...as I know that AA is my anchor. I hope this doesn't come off being whiney, I just have to vent. The thought of 'life sucks then you die' often comes into my head. I'm almost 16 months sober..and plan to continue. I just hope this road gets smoother...thanks for letting me share...
Sharing here is what it's all about. As much as I also like the small talk about regular life...if that's all there was, I wouldn't spend time here. Bryan...did you know that Moses led his people in circles for 40 yrs in search of the promised land? It's all in HIS hands and HIS timing. You've been severely humbled, and its not fun. Actually, we've all shamed ourselves in various ways, which is our common denominator. But He has a plan for you, for me, and for all believers. I hope you will wait on the Lord for your answers. They will come, when the time is right. Peace to you, today and tomorrow.

And, the fish are not biting, just a few spots. Went crabbing today, and only had two of legal size. So, we stopped and got some from the fish store, steamed and spiced. Yum!