Notices

Class of January 2012 Part 3

Old 01-29-2012, 12:03 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Evening 6 here... the day began smoothly but I hit a rough patch this evening. I was on the brink and almost lost my way. I had already decided that there was no point in continuing and was seconds away from pouring a glass but somehow I managed to get passed it. Honestly, I know that I would have caved if it wasn't for this group. The ONLY thing that kept me from having a drink was the thought of not posting my "Hi!... Day 7" message tomorrow morning.
I am a bit emotionally drained by the battle but I am sure that a good sleep will help.
So goodnight everyone... see you tomorrow
Thank you all so much for being here.

Welcome Saki & nice work to everyone that suited up for battle today!
Old 01-29-2012, 12:46 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Day 24

For some reason the insomnia has kicked in with a vengeance tonight. I finally decided to stop staring at the ceiling, get out of bed, and make a cup of herbal tea. I figured I would post and then hopefully fall back to sleep before it gets light outside.

I went to an party at a friend's house yesterday evening. It was mostly his extended family, whom I haven't met, but three of my old drinking buddies were there as well. I thought it would be difficult to say no and that I would take a lot of grief from my friends. Surprisingly, it was very easy and no one made a big deal about it. It really is true that we are more self conscious about our quit than almost everyone around us. I was able to hang out with my friends for a while before starting to mingle with the other people there. It was interesting hanging out with the sober people while the drinkers continued to do more shots and get more and more drunk. I'm glad that's not me anymore.

Day 24. Locked and loaded, and ready for another sober Sunday.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:27 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
So it goes

Sunday morning blues

Woke up this morning feeling a bit down, so got my computer fired up in bed and read the posts, they were helpful and put me in a better mood. Thanks all for the thanks you put on my last comment
Old 01-29-2012, 02:51 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ILoveLucy View Post
Evening 6 here... the day began smoothly but I hit a rough patch this evening. I was on the brink and almost lost my way. I had already decided that there was no point in continuing and was seconds away from pouring a glass but somehow I managed to get passed it. Honestly, I know that I would have caved if it wasn't for this group. The ONLY thing that kept me from having a drink was the thought of not posting my "Hi!... Day 7" message tomorrow morning.
I am a bit emotionally drained by the battle but I am sure that a good sleep will help.
So goodnight everyone... see you tomorrow
Thank you all so much for being here.

Welcome Saki & nice work to everyone that suited up for battle today!

whatever it takes to get you past the cravings. nice work! you're gonna wake up happy
Old 01-29-2012, 04:43 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Beginning Day 7

Unlike last night, today there should be minimal temptations. I will be in a gym all day watching 12 year olds playing volleyball. There will be no booze around.

Did have the worst insomnia last night however, possibly due to watching so many others drink around me last night.

Good luck today everyone.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:04 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Day 29. Good morning/afternoon/evening to everyone, depending on where ye are!
Today I'm chilling, watching the tennis at the moment, great entertainment.
Feeling a bit stressed, procrastinating, a major problem for this alcoholic. Got some work to do and it's building up and I keep putting it off. Can't seem to get down to it.
One thing I am committed to is my recovery. I'm going to daily AA meetings, listening, identifying and try to make changes to my life, changes which will keep me away from that first drink.
Keep it in the day, it's the only way!
Finding great identification also with you all in this class, great support on this thread, thank ye all and wish ye all well
Old 01-29-2012, 05:06 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Good Morning! Today is the start of day 29 for me and thankfully I am starting it off with a clear head.

Last night was really tough for me for some reason. I really, really wanted to pour myself a glass of wine while I was preparing dinner. I kept thinking that I have been doing so well not drinking that I deserved to celebrate with a drink. I seriously have to think about new ways to celebrate! In any event I made a clementine and spritzer and went onto this site instead. It helped me SO much to read all of your posts last night. I truely believe it saved me from having a drink, which inevitably would have led to another...

I am so thankful to be feeling good this morning. I know everything that happend last night. My sons didn't have to be embarassed by my drinking or tell me I drank too much. A million thanks to you all!! You are truely helping me stay strong. LOVE
Old 01-29-2012, 06:27 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I just want to say thank you so much for all your posts. It is very helpful to me to read them especially the ones about socializing w/o alcohol!
Old 01-29-2012, 07:42 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

day 6 from pills/21 from booze

I love reading this thread every morning!

Last night I had friends over for a small party and I stayed sober. Early in the night it was hard, but I ended up having so much fun anyway! Plus, I was able to clean up the party after and wake up this morning feeling good and walking into a clean kitchen!

Fought with my husband before bed though. he doesn't understand addiction in any form (my pills, bulimia, drinking) and seems to think once I get my depression under control I can start drinking again. Talking with him confuses me and makes me feel like I'm making a big deal out of nothing. He said in 15 years I've seen you handle your booze fine a million times. Yes, I have. But the other times when I don't make me feel like crap and affect me a lot. I feel like swallowing a handful of pills and chasing it with vodka so he understands I do have a problem here. (I won't)
Old 01-29-2012, 07:47 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

late entry... starting today. lets do this. wish me luck.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Resident

to our little corner AR1959 and Saki.

A big congratulations to all the party goers this weekend who managed to stay sober and even have a better time because of it. Very encouraging.

As a lot of you, I am also on day 29 having started on the first. So far so good but nobody is inviting me to parties.

Have a great Sunday everyone and as always keep the positive vibes flowing.
  # 92 (permalink)  
Meow

Wow!!! So many success stories! You guys are AWESOME!

Welcome saki and buster123!

Roll Call - 136! It's great to be sober and alive! (Changed the number for buster so it doesn't rhyme any more, but it's still true lol!)

ACT10Npack.....aeo1313.....Alana1.. ...alaskasunshine.....allbrian.....AmyLouise. ....AR1959.....ARTEMIS2011
b18sol6.....Balerie.....Baloo.....Bizooky.....Blue EyedBoy..... boblardo.....Bombshell.....BoozeFree.....buster123
Cali013.....calistoga.....Candi25.....Cardinalfan. ....Chicago321 9.....chrisb245.....Creekryder.....curbed.....curl yred
DarkDays.....Dataminer74.....Dazee.....Deschain... ..dill.....DoneDying.....dorito281211
ee1979.....Emma18.....endlesspatience
faceitandfixit.....Fdm.....FisherAccount... ..Flamingredhair.....Frisky.....FourSeasons... ..Fubarcdn
Gifford.....gippy1968.....GoMan.....Gracie77
H2only.....Happyfeet.....HenryKrinkle.....hotchoc
iceteaplease.....ILoveLucy.....Imperium.....Innerc hild
Jallen83.....James1983.....JayAngel.....jiggery... ..joeboy.....JulyBabe.....justhadenough.....jwolf
KaPuka.....Kat4184.....katrinka.....keltie.....kla .....krimpoo
lifeanew.....lifewithout.....LivingOutLoud.... .Lost3000.....losteverything.....Loualsinder.....L uckyGirl99.. ...lushly.....Luweez
MagnifiedStar.....mah.....Marius76.....Marria..... Michell.....mttwls n16.....MustStop
needtostop1.....nel68.....nexttime.....newleaves20 12.....nonblondechef
ontherightpath.....ownmybehavior
PaddyB.....PowerOfMind.....PurpleCat.....Purplecat lover
quitforme79
robc33.....Rugby8
saki.....samwitch......Sarah1414........Scarletros e........ scrambled2012.....SD777.. ...SentencedToLife.....Shackles.....slackie. ....smartblonde.....snackycakes.....Snooper.....
SoCalDude.....Straykatz.....stevie88.....Stretz... ..Strytone28.. . ..Sunny27.....SunSailor59
TallWater.....tammygirl.....tanja.....Teaplease... ..TempeBrenn.....tgif... ..TheOldMe.....timetochange.....
timetotry1.... .tootall.....trevesty.....tthornyone
wanab3.....WantToHeal.....watsonc.....WestEndGirl. ....Westiegirl12 3.....whitehorses
  # 93 (permalink)  

Smile Day 4

Day 4 and the first time i've woken up on a Sunday morning not feeling awful.

The cravings were pretty bad yesterday but reading everyones posts got me through it.

The dogs have never been walked so much and the house had never been tidier.

Have great Sunday everybody
Old 01-29-2012, 07:52 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by aeo1313 View Post
Ihe doesn't understand addiction in any form (my pills, bulimia, drinking) and seems to think once I get my depression under control I can start drinking again. Talking with him confuses me and makes me feel like I'm making a big deal out of nothing. He said in 15 years I've seen you handle your booze fine a million times. Yes, I have.
I feel your pain, aeo. My husband doesn't really get it either. I don't get plastered. I don't fall down. I am still a responsible citizen. He doesn't think I have a problem, and he doesn't really understand that it's something I need to do for myself. He misses his drinking buddy.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:37 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Good Morning class! I'm like a broken record here in reporting that I slipped again.

I already know what when wrong. I have asked my husband to support me in the past by telling me "no" to the wine. He hasn't been good about it because he didn't think I had a problem and he wanted me to be happy (as if true happiness comes from a bottle ).

Last night, I told him I actually hate the stuff, I have a problem, and I need him to be firm and tell me "No, we are done" anytime I ask him if we should drink wine. He does not need to drink so he's fine without it.

So I'm back to day 2 and feeling optimistic about living life wine free for good. I realize I sound like a broken record. I've said the same thing over and over. I thought about not even coming back here until I had at least a month under my belt, but the truth leads to freedom so here I am.

Thanks for being there class. Welcome Buster and Saki. So glad to have you here!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:01 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I am so proud to be part of this awesome class. Inspiration, support, and honesty = success. February, here we come!!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:14 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I thought about not even coming back here until I had at least a month under my belt, but the truth leads to freedom so here I am.

It is so nice to see you here this morning, Sarah. Can't wait to read of your continued success!

Last edited by nonblondechef; 01-29-2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Color or text
Old 01-29-2012, 09:16 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Still in the January Class..its the end of the month now, January was sober..Feb will be even better..
Old 01-29-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Day 6 and going strong. Don't plan on being as "busy" as I have been the past week. I woke up this morning with a kink in my neck, so using that as an excuse to be a little bit lazy. Planning on going into town with my family, then off to work. Have school starting on Monday... wow, the week went fast. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with everything, I'm going to have a pretty packed schedule, but that's probably a good thing. Have a good day all.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:17 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

you deserve a lazy saturday Kat4184, I kinda wish I did now, but I woke up bright and early and thought i'd go for a short cross-country ski, I took a wrong turn thinking I knew where I was going, I did 28 kilometers!!! it nearly killed me!!! and I fell and bruised myself, oh well it must have done some good AND it keeps me from thinking of alcohol!

Now aching all over and also pulled a muscle in my neck, ouch. Nothing an early night won't fix.