Notices

Class of December 2011 part 2

Old 03-27-2012, 04:11 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Hello all,

We had a great weekend. Went up to the Lake District and stayed at a really nice hotel in Grasmere, Rothay Garden, where the food was amazing. We had sparking water rather than wine which as well as being just fine also probably saved us $80 on two bottles of wine (Friday/Saturday night) which makes you think..

The weather was good 20degC/68F which in this part of the world in March is unusual. Did a ten mile walk around Grasmere and Rydal Water (lakes) following the contours at about 300 feet or so, nice and easy.

Lots to do this week. For those who like cooking there is a great new programme on the BBC here in UK. Here is the BBC iPlayer link:

BBC iPlayer - The Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking with Rachel Khoo: Episode 2

I just love Rachel's enthusiasm for cooking. Great fun.

Take care

Stuart
Old 03-27-2012, 06:33 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Tough day today. Planning to drop the oak and limb it and fill in the final foot of the sink hole with dirt and hope it doesn't subside any more. This is the fourth time I've filled it up. I let it set a year this time so hopefully it's done screwing with me.

The guy I wanted for a sponser isn't far enough along on his own recovery to sponser me. Oh well. I'm kind of skitish about sponsers anyway. Not sure what I'm going to do. I really don't have any strong candidates. Maybe I'll try going to some different meetings in the hope of finding someone.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:50 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Hi to everyone. Glad everyone's doing so well. I'm leaving for a month's retreat tomorrow, and wanted to say hi and bye. Will touch in again in May.

Stay strong!
Old 03-29-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good break Drala
D
Old 03-29-2012, 04:21 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Have fun Drala
Old 03-30-2012, 09:12 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

85 days C&S today. So that's cool.

Staying at my sis's new place, picking up Wi-Fy from the restaurant on the ground floor, right below her 3rd floor apartment. So that's cool too.

Its also cool to see the Dec class holding up well. Best wishes to all here and keep on keeping on ya'll
Old 03-30-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Huge congrats Zen, I just realized that even though I celebrated 90 days a couple days ago , today is 3 months. Still hard to believe.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:47 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Zen and Karilynn

D
Old 03-30-2012, 01:50 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee
Old 03-31-2012, 06:45 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Drala,

Envy, envy! Wish I could go to Brattleboro for a month (though I'd prefer July/August). It was the safest and most peaceful place I've ever been re. alcohol.

Got my son's dog for the weekend and my chest is aching, sinuses feel like I've got a cold or infection, and I'm dizzy. He'll pick her up tomorrow sometime. It's funny that during one of the two times of year that are worst for my allergies I get relief by going outside. LOL

Weather is crazy weird. Went from a daytine 80°F to an overnight of 19°F a couple days later then warmed up some for a couple days and snowed a wee bit overnight. Early flowers are taking a beating and I have no idea what's going on with the plants & trees that have leafed out.

Going to a meeting at noon today and I might work up some more of that oak I took down. Still need to move dirt as well. So much to do and so little motivation. I hope I can get my butt moving at some point.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:05 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Its very interesting to be visiting my sis in her new home. There is lots to do here as I help her with a few projects she wants done. Spent like 4hrs assembling a small pantry cabinet for the kitchen. Kinda feeling a bit sore from that, plus the overall activity here is much higher that what I do when home.

I see there is an Alano Club close by here. Planning to hit the nooner meeting tomorrow. Seems my anxiety is a bit on the high side but managing well enough to get out and about. Over all I'm feeling well, thanks in big part to being sober. Time to get over to the 'Gratitude Thread' here at SR and give some thanks.

There are some cool old buildings here. Didn't find much in a google image search except the drug store down the street. Time to get the camera out and shoot some near by city views.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  
Administrator

cool building Will

D
Old 04-02-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Determined to get to the oak today. Probably won't get it completely worked up but I'll do what I can. Dog is gone and as soon as I run to the Dr's and a quick stop at the grocery I'm going to vacume. Then the oak. Don't have a meeting till 7:15 pm so I should be able to work till I want to quit. Also need to clean Newtons cage.

Other than that not much else new. Slept well last night. Went to bed about 8 pm and turned the lights out about 8:30 pm. Slept till 8:30 am. Must have been tired or the allergies. Well I better get hopping. It's already 9:30 am.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:08 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Picked up a Stihl 192 arborists chainsaw yesterday. Cutting all the small limbs with the Stihl 250 got to my back and was too clumsy. The money I saved by taking down the tree myself way more than covered the cost of the saw, and I have an up high severe pruning job to do that will be safer with the arborists saw. Looks like I've got great weather to attack what remains of the oak.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:22 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Guess I'm the only one left in this thread. No sense posting to myself.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:15 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  
Administrator

Group threads slow down Charon - especially at times like Easter etc - there are some of your classmates around tho

D
Old 04-05-2012, 04:30 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Guess I'll stick with it. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:00 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Well after two days of cutting, being really tired and in a hurry I really blew it. Put chain oil in the gas tank and gas in the chain oil tank in the new 192. Had to take it in for service. Only cost $26 so it wasn't too bad but I'm going to mark the caps. They are right next to each other and there's nothing to distinguish between them except a confusing icon that you can hardly make out with a magnifying glass.

Had a birthday party for a 3 year old yesterday and had no problem with cravings even though a few were drinking wine and beer. Have another onwe today for my grand nephew and Easter. It will be fun to watch all the little kids run around on the Easter Egg Hunt. I'm hoping to be able to get away in time for the 3 pm meeting. In any case it will be a sober Easter with extended family. Feels good!
Old 04-08-2012, 04:41 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

I'm still here just got too many irons in the fire and my health decided to poop out on me.
Still sober though
Shocking since I'm having to deal with personal issues that hit me like a ton of bricks See a orthopedic doc tomorrow for my shoulder. My arm decided this was a good time to quit working. Doc is going to tackle my health issues one at a time. I quit drinking, smoking during the most stressful time in my life so she says we'll figure things out little by little. First stop I need to get my arm working and reverse the malnutrition. Oh yeah, I got shingles too although the pain has subsidedon that which is great cause that is sooooo painful and they treat the pain with heavy duty narcotics and I was not about to quit drinking only to get hooked on pain meds.
Anyway, a little battered but still standing:ghug3
Today is day 100
Old 04-08-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope better days are ahead for you both

D