Old 11-24-2011, 12:37 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks guys

D
Old 11-24-2011, 03:29 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate and a happy sober day to everyone!
Old 11-24-2011, 12:43 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Although my SH is a normal drinker and does not drink to excess, I find it ironic how our perceptions are colored. She used to be my designated river and now when I offer to be hers she said that's OK I really don't need it but you can drive anyway.

Hmm. Guess it was just me.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:55 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Last year was the year of firsts. First sober spring, first sober birthday, first sober Art Show, first sober Thanksgiving.

The cool thin is the seconds are cool in a whole new way. I know I've made it through this once before. Makes it so much more enjoyable.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:39 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Thanksgiving used to be one of my favorite drinking holidays of the year. It would always start with a huge blowout on Wednesday night, followed by pretty much all day drinking the rest of the long weekend. So thankful those days are behind me now. Had a wonderful third straight sober Thanksgiving with family and friends
Old 11-26-2011, 03:45 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

groundhod day worked for me! lol
Old 11-26-2011, 08:51 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Re-Member

@ RZ!
Old 11-26-2011, 09:33 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I am grateful for all the drinking and living I have done. There were important lessons even in the worst experiences. Fortunately I didn't have to lose everything before I decided I had enough. I still eat hot turkey and mayo on wheat toast with cranberry sauce on Friday for lunch. Then hot glazed ham cut paper thin on wheat with horseradish sauce for dinner. with leftover home made rice pudding and hot apple pie with melted cheddar on top for lunch, and ambrosia fruit salad after the supper sandwiches. We cook daily and are pretty good gourmands. But the days after Thanksgiving are for us traditionally about the the best sandwiches of the year. Then just as we wish we had more, Christmas comes to satisfy for the coming year.

We ran out of leftover turkey but have half a bone in swirl cut ham and I just got hungry writing that. Since it is pouring rain I think it is time for lunch. Have a great weekend my friends!

Oh and we aren't going anywhere anyway with all the crazies on the roads and in the stores. Much easier to order online and to not waste time and fuel for anything today. The only things we buy locally anymore are cars and food. Next Tuesday is the start of the very limited buying I will be doing.

There is really nothing that we need or actually want. We have enough.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:06 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Decide. Commit. Succeed.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
I am grateful for all the drinking and living I have done. There were important lessons even in the worst experiences. Fortunately I didn't have to lose everything before I decided I had enough.
I spent my second booze-free T-Day thinking the same thing. I'm grateful for all the experiences (good/bad) that I've gone through. And grateful that I walked away from drinking before it completely destroyed my life.

The last few days, I've been taking it easy. NO shopping, no stressing and eating more leftovers than I should. On the upside, I've managed to work out every day this week including T-Day morning! Figured if I was going to pig out, I should at least do some damage control!

Hey Rosco~ Congrats again on 1 yr sober and welcome to the thread!
Old 11-26-2011, 09:31 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

I am trying to do 90% of my Christmas shopping online this year. I'm also doing a lot of selling with a shop on Etsy. I spent tonight loading pictures to my store and tomorrow I'll do the details and poof there they are. It's so much easier to do when I'm not sloshed.

I also bought and set up my tree today. Plus made massive progress on some paintings that need to be done ASAp!
Old 11-27-2011, 01:06 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

good wishes on the Etsy bit LF
Old 11-27-2011, 12:12 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Drinking made me dumber but getting sober didn't make me noticeably smarter ...... I'm having one hell of a hard time figuring out this new computer. Things look different, and 'act' different, and it's hard for an old goat like me to learn new stuff. I can do it, it's just a lot harder.

I also learned a valuable and expensive lesson: ALWAYS back up your computer stuff! I lost a lot of things when my computer crashed on Tgiving. Hundreds of pix I'll never get back as I printed very few.

But hey, I know better now!
Old 11-27-2011, 06:43 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Sorry for your computer problems least...that stinks

I just finished loading paitnings on Etsy, sent out an email to all my collectors and posting on FB about the sale.

You won't know unless you try!

It's funny...they talk about "liquid courage" but j never had the guts to really try when I was drinking...I'm much braver today
Old 11-27-2011, 09:20 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good Luck Tina! Hope you hit one out of the park. Manz who will be here soon does Jewelry and organized a whole market and has been doing very well down under in NZ. She too never really had the courage to do it while drinking.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:24 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Least,
I am very sorry to hear about your data loss. PM me if I can be of any help.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:20 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Hi everybody

Been a while, eh? Well, I've been...oops...gotta run!!!!
Old 11-28-2011, 06:26 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
Least,
I am very sorry to hear about your data loss. PM me if I can be of any help.
My savvy neighbor is trying to see if he can retrieve any of the info from this old hard drive. Not the one that crashed, the one before that, which was replaced before it could crash and burn.

I don't know the first thing about the inner workings of the computer. I'm praying my neighbor can access my address book from OE at the very least. I don't have a single email address written down and don't think I ever printed them out. Live and learn...

And altho I'm delighted to have a working computer, there are things about this OS (windows 7) compared to my windows xp that I like better and some I don't like as much. I shouldn't be so picky but I was just so intimate with my old computer and miss it...
Old 11-28-2011, 07:49 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Least...I am moving most if my stuff to the Cloud which hopefully is more trustworthy than a hard drive

Ok guys....I have a major confession...sigh....I am majorly addicted...to Once Upon a Time. I love this show...I've already watched every episode twice and one episode 4 times...it's very sad...and there is no hope for me....lol

Have a great day
Old 11-28-2011, 07:57 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Also, it blows my mind how I never got a DUI...yes I did most I my drinking at home but I also occasionally did it outside the home and that sometimes involved drinking and driving. I live in a quiet little town where the police are known for giving DuIs. Today the police report came out and one of my classmates was in it for a DUI on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I feel awful for her and her family
Old 11-29-2011, 03:37 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

least, even if no data can be rescued,

the good news it will all work out in the end.

and you have a big day coming up soon