Notices

Class of January 2011 pt 2

Old 12-31-2011, 08:24 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
This is the first time I've checked into this thread. I quit on January 30, 2011.
Wow...we're pretty close, Vigo, my date is January 28, 2011.

Good Job.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:50 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

Just thought I'd poke my head in here and wave hi to everyone! ^^; Would have had an additional week under my belt had it not been for a nasty and unexpected PTSD episode that I had thanks to an AA meeting that I attended...

Now I do my own form of 12-step and am quite happy .

I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the new years!!
Old 03-30-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

*echo*

Anyone still around?

Old 04-05-2012, 01:23 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Lotus...just for you after reading the post in the Overs thread.

Thanks for your kind words, and the quote. I have heard somethign similar, and try to be that way in life....hence another heartache.

I did not realise, or maybe I did....my sober date is 15 January, the day before you!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

BTW, Manz, dear, I love that we nearly share sobriety date.
I'm trying to think...maybe we do when you factor in the time change??? I think its the other way around though. You are +14-16 from me. :p. That would have been funny indeed.

Close enough <3.

Ty for posting!!!
And yes, I saw this originally ^-^
Old 07-31-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

I can't believe there's been no one else from January 2011! Wowsers.

Still around if anyone else is. *waves*

Year 2-3 brought me a new job, a new state, a new house, a new husband, and maybe new little ones.

Miracles do happen!
Old 07-31-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's actually a few LB...just not posting here in the thread anymore I guess?

D
Old 12-28-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

I'm reviving this thread, even though it's my first post for Class of January 2011. I had my last drink in late January 2011, which seems like a million years ago. A lot in my life has changed since then. I've improved my financial situation significantly, although I still owe a decent if manageable chunk of money in student loans. I've got a steady job, albeit one that I hate, but it pays the bills. I haven't done anything to embarrass myself since I got sober, which is great.

That said, it's been a lot more difficult to make new friends than I anticipated. I haven't really made any new friends since I got sober (although some of my old friendships did improve). I haven't come close to finding a girlfriend, although it's not until fairly recently that I even began entertaining the option of dating again.

Drinking would not improve my chances of starting lasting friendships or romantic relationships though. I've thought about trying to meet people over a drink, but I know that the truth is that any relationship built on alcohol (be it friendship or romantic) would have to be maintained by alcohol use, and that would only lead to disappointment at best and disaster at worst for me. It's just not worth it.

I have no idea if anyone else will post in this, but I felt like posting here tonight.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your upcoming 4 years midnightapt

D
Old 03-31-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

I guess this is somewhere to be accountable..........

I am in a huge amount of emotional pain, that has been building for weeks now. 3 weeks ago I sat on the side of the road in my car and on one side of the road was a bottle shop and on the other was another bigger brighter bottle shop. I sat there for almost an hour and a half........battling my demons. I did not drink that day.

Today, my pain is deeper.........today I want a drink so badly Ifeel it deep inside me.........

If I drink, I know how dangerous it will be for me. Right now.......I am hiding at home.

I hate that I am here like this.........I wish I had something more positive to say. I am just trying to be accountable.....to myself........and admit, I need support......
Old 03-31-2015, 08:51 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is a pretty quiet thread Manz...posting for accountability is great but I think you need feedback too?

why not post in the main forum Manz - you'd get a lot more people looking at your post there and offering help and support?

Maybe talking it out here will help?

I'm sorry for your pain - but you know drinking is no solution. It just makes whatever is grieving you way way worse.

do you have people in your real life that you can talk to?

Stay with us Manz - you've come so far...keep going...the road will get easier again

D
Old 03-31-2015, 09:08 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Dee, thanks. I wouldn't know where to post these days. Maybe I posted here so that I could use a lack of responses as an excuse to drink........

I have people, not that I talk to about this though. And, hiding feels safer..........
Old 03-31-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Administrator

you could post in the Overs thread, or Newcomers forum.

If it's something you're reluctant to do, maybe it's something you really need to do?

Noone is going to smack you around or think less of you