# 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome WTS

D
Old 11-15-2010, 03:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

sky,

i too have to keep an eye out on the cuppa's

and the damm A.A.ers that make espresso look like water!

queeny, No Mary Margaret McBride today?

good wishes on the IV HB
Old 11-15-2010, 03:14 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to whiners, WatchTheSky! I'm an espresso fiend myself.: It makes my anxiety worse too if I drink too much of it but boy is it good for gettting things done! Better than speed! And not illegal or addicting...

I have no whines on this early morning but am sending out prayers and positive thoughts for little Isis!

Happy early Monday, whiners!
Old 11-15-2010, 03:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Well, I'm here in spirit, at least! Mornings are not my forte...although I do appreciate the sunrise!

And speaking of appreciation, thanks for the warm welcome!

Off to early Yoga.....where hopefully the body and spirit will reconnect!
Old 11-15-2010, 03:17 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

RZ, you're gonna love this one...

Remember our whiney discussion about Goodwill's $50 blouse (!) and how they grease the palms of antique and collectibles dealers, etc?

TA-DA!!!!

shopgoodwill.com - Welcome

They even sell cars on this site!

Check out other links within the site such as what participating Goodwill locations (other states) are involved in donating items for this auction site.

Will def be spending more time at the Sally Army.

Goodwill has joined the ranks of big biz and money-making tactics that I don't believe will result in more $$ for the programs they claim to support.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:25 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Bamboozle, I hope your kitty's surgery goes well today! Getting pets neutered is nerve-wracking but I'm sure she'll pull through just fine.

It's 5:30 am here and my whine is that I'm still awake and working on writing a paper. I should probably get off the internet and get back to that...
Old 11-15-2010, 04:21 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

i'm very impressed with all of the new whines and contributors....wow 2 full pages on getting Isis spayed, that must be a new record!

i do not want to go to work today...i just DONT...i worked 2 extra hours yesterday than i put on my payroll sheet, sigh, it never ends!!! i am carrying 5 full weeks of vacation and can't take time off!!!

I am going to treat myself to one very exotic luxury bathroom when this is all said and done! i dont think that counts as wasting $$$.

Least, tell mama that the car must be getting "old" and you know she can ask you for a ride to the store...maybe that will help, and you can check her fridge again when you get back home.

Never fear for a good whine is near!

Ann, make Bubba wash out the fridge so it stays clean and odor free while you are away.

time for an omelette wrap for breakfast. back later
Old 11-15-2010, 04:24 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

*sigh*

Isis had another dingleberry this morning. She hissed at my mom and howled while I wiped up her butt. I got off as much as she'd let me. Poor thing is cleaning herself down there right now. The vet's going to think I'm a horrible cat mom because she smells like poop.

This is not a good way to start off a Monday.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:28 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure the Vet's seen/smelt much much worse Bam

D
Old 11-15-2010, 04:28 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The vet's going to think I'm a horrible cat mom because she smells like poop
Not so!!! Your vet has seen many many cats, and a lot of them in far worse shape than smelling like poop!! Just have her butt hair shaved regularly and all will be well.

Go to work and work your @ss off to stay occupied. Isis will be fine!! After all, she's the Whiners mascot!
Old 11-15-2010, 04:38 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
s
queeny, No Mary Margaret McBride today?
Before my time, Pattee, *nose grows as she speaks*

Welcome Sky, missed seeing you last night.

Beginning of a long week for me. But next week is short...and then we hit the road

Happy Whiny Monday Whiners!!
Old 11-15-2010, 06:32 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Well... my mechanical work on mom's car was successful.... mom just called me for a ride to the cafe for coffee... Hooray!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 06:58 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

disconnecting the battery is kinder than hiding her keys...which would drive her nutz...maybe she will accept things in this non-threatening way?

when my mother was at the end of her driving (age 86)....she slipped and fell in the garage, bruised herself badly, because she was "in a hurry", didn't see a patch of ice by the door and was too cheap to turn the light on....penny-wise and pound foolish.

Bam, my vet was kind enough to squeeze Sammy's anal glands for me...el STINKO! he did not think i was a bad mommy for not sticking my finger's in the dog's buttisimo.

sammy is quite good when he gets poop caught in the rear fur...i take him into the bathroom and clip it off rather than try to wash it.

but when the cats get that way, it is a major grooming event with claws out rugs lose fibers, blood is drawn (mine) and massive amounts of clipped fur, 20 wet paper towels and i have to wash the rugs and bathroom floor when we are finished.... I once locked the 2 of us in the shower to contain the mess...it wasn't pretty....i got cat-poo all over my knees from crawling around.

good thing i am washable.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:36 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

@ Fandy

Isis is home. I probably should have kept her in her mini kennel, but I had to let the poor thing out. She's trotting around a bit...seems to be okay...but she won't let me take the bandage off of her leg. The vet told me I could take it off (it was where the IV went)...I should have had them do it--Isis doesn't like me messing with her paws.

She's not running and hiding from me like I thought she might. They did internal dissolvable stitches so I don't have to take her back as long as everything goes okay.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:57 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

*shock*

She let me take the bandage off--no fussing. Unbelievable. But now she went off and hid. That's okay.

*facepalm*

She's already jumping.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:58 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

She may be a little woozy this evening but she should be feeling more like her old self tomorrow. I've gone through the same thing with two females and one male cat. Everything will be fine.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:02 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Awww, I'm glad Isis made it home safe! I hope she starts feeling better soon. I love her name, by the way. Egyptian goddess, I believe?

I'm whiny because somebody just moved into the dorm room next door to mine and I feel like my personal space is being invaded, even though that's ridiculous! It was unexpected and the walls are thin. Grumble, grumble, grumble.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:28 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi All!

I'm glad Isis is OK! We've had birds, dogs, rats, rabbits, and snakes, but never cats...so I'm not much help. I DID have a cat when I was growing up, but we had to give her away b/c she s**t in my mom's shoes.....we didn't know she needed a litter box, apparently .....

Least, whatever happened with the potential roomie, speaking of roomates....

I slept like the dead this afternoon...I told you early a.m. is not my time....
Old 11-15-2010, 02:31 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dk is being very D tonight... I just took my meds to slow my heart rate cause after hearing her nagging me on the phone my heart rate went up, along with anxiety!! Little sh!t... I told her not to call me back and so far she hasn't... I know her ring and just won't answer...
Old 11-15-2010, 02:35 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Never forget, Least....you have control.