Notices

Whiners Anonymous...Part 37

Old 05-06-2010, 04:27 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sending sunshine and better days ahead, least.

And morning hugs to the whiners. I have nothing today...yet, so will cheer you all on and perhaps visit Aisle 6 today, that always inspires a whine in me.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:53 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Ann, i sent you email with a picture of the real Fandy if you are able to post it.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:44 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm a real whinyass today. Was feeling so lightheaded earlier I forced myself to eat some chicken soup. My stomach is still upset with me.... Then I forced myself to vacuum this filthy house (the dust bunnies were the size of jackrabbits), wash a pile of dishes, and change the sheets. Am about to get a shower then will try to walk the dogs... tho I have no ambition or energy whatsoever. My good friend, God love him, will be mowing my yard for me today or tomorrow. A big job I cannot do feeling like this...

I've already made a list of my symptoms for the clinic visit tonight. Not looking forward to it as it takes several hours before you get out of there, what with signing in, filling out forms, then waiting waiting waiting. But I am so desperate for relief I'll go anyway, despite the waiting.

A big whine for today is constantly finding pee on the floor and don't know who's doing it. It's gotten so bad that I do'nt go into any room in the house without checking out the floor first.

Defiant kid just called me to take her to the doctor tomorrow about "medication"... uh oh... Two months ago she'd "innocently" asked the doctor for "that ADD medicine that starts with an A..." ADDERALL! Doctor knows of the abuse potential so didn't prescribe it and talked to me extensively about it. She will be calling me today so I can forewarn her of the reason for tomorrow's visit. Am also going to ask her to note on dk's chart of her "innocent request" for adderall since it's likely she'll change doctors once she turns 18 and I want this info on record.

Just got a call from newmommy asking for favors. She offered gas money so i'll do it... but I don't want to.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:47 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

*sigh*
Old 05-06-2010, 11:15 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
Ann, i sent you email with a picture of the real Fandy if you are able to post it.
You did? Let me go look and yes, I'd be delighted.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:21 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Ladies and Gentlewhiners, let me introduce the magnificent, lovely, genuine non-imposter...the REAL Fandy *drum roll*

Old 05-06-2010, 11:22 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

My whines are all over the place:

I've had a canker on my tongue all day and continue to drink lemonade even tho it hurts.

One of the items I purchased yesterday had a product registration card with it that "will keep the product number and date of purchase on file in the event of an insurance claim caused by loss or theft."

It was a $10 memory foam pillow from WalMart...??!?

Does anyone else's kitty bite their nails? I've witnessed my little guy biting his like a human does. I found little nail pieces all over the floor this morning. I think he stayed up all night biting them and spitting them across the room! For real. He's like a little kid!
Old 05-06-2010, 11:23 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Awwww, what sweet eyes and beautiful colouring, just like a tiger.

I love him? her? *forgetful with age* and could just reach right into the screen for a cuddle.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:25 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Clarification...my remarks were aimed at Fandycat and not at HumbleBee.

HB, maybe clip kitties nails, they may be catching and rough.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:29 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Ladies and Gentlewhiners, let me introduce the magnificent, lovely, genuine non-imposter...the REAL Fandy *drum roll*
Love those golden eyes! Beautiful coloring and fur soooo soft...awwww.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:37 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Clarification...my remarks were aimed at Fandycat and not at HumbleBee.
LOL, Ann.

For the record, I've been told I have sweet eyes and have been called a tiger. I'm a girlie girl and think Bubba might ask WTF if you reached thru the screen to cuddle me...lmao.

Thanks for the clip tip - weird thing is that he was declawed by whoever owned him before I took him (as a stray last summer). So, it's his back claws that he bites. I hate clipping animals' nails - always afraid I'll hurt them. boo hoo.

Groomer time.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:06 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Ann, it's "Mr. Fandy, 15lbs of fat-cat pushy I'm a Siamese and don't you forget I own this place"..he's a neutered male, now almost 3 yrs. old....very cuddly with people he knows only....other wise he jumps behind the TV cabinet in the bedroom...he does not like women's voices...except mine.

my cats bite their back toes too (and fronts)...the vet told me they were just cleaning them....the baby (Pookie) flicks his front paws in the litterbox, I can hear him clicking away....he does not like cat-litter or cat dirt and REFUSES to cover his doings.

my cats are pretty relaxed, I clip their claws all the time, Pookie will lay on his back while I do all 4 feet...Fandy only the back cannot be touched unless he is asleep and I work fast.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:40 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My Toby never liked manicures either but the trick was to use kitty claw scissors
and make sure they are new or very sharp. And only clip a bit, where the claw is quite white.

This was my baby in better days before he got sick. He too was once a 14 pounder,
and his nickname was Garfield because he was such a character.
He loved cuddling or sitting on the back of my chair when I was on the computer.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:42 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Wink

Ann,Fandy is a girl..me thinkz..lol

..o' humble one?..my mother always said,,
"Kim,use your left hand when 'trimming your nails',incase you
lose your right arm.."..

..mums are always right!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 02:44 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Ann, you are every bit the lovely Queen I imagined. I want your hair color! Pls bottle it and send me some, 'kay?

Garfield is the spittin' image of a mountain lion looking at him straight on. awww. you two looked very happy together.

My baby Raven - who I thought was female but is not - so is now Sir Raven or Misbehavin' Raven depending on the day - sticks to me everywhere I go - I should've named him Velcro.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:03 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

At the risk of getting thrown off the WA thread for getting into cat chat, lol, my Toby was very affectionate and used to sleep on my pillow above my head, lol. And he was an official member of SR.

And yes, his hair and mine were about the same colour.

Fandy better show up soon and get this thread back to her precious baby. I didn't mean to divert, it's just when you talk about cats, you're talking my language.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:20 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

For me at the moment, this is a little bit of a cross between "I'm grateful for" and whining. I'm not really sure what to call it; it's just a progress update, I guess.

I have been working on getting myself a new job and had a conversation today. More like a networking thing or screening than an interview. When I play it back, I see the parts I didn't like about how I did, but not so much in a way that makes me feel down, just not seeing it as perfect. And also seeing it as practice, not just in the general way but specifically on topics that have been bothersome to me in previous jobs - too complicated for me to list out in detailed ways, but they are the kinds of things that a drinking thinker would ruminate about in their head in circles and create problems in the process. So I have a good feeling out of it, even though it is not an instant win.

And another good part about it is that it crossed my mind that this is a prime example of a situation where I would "congratulate" myself on something (or console myself) through drinking. The only thing I feel inclined to indulge in MIGHT be ordering a pizza, but that's about as unhealthy it will get.

So that is more a good story than a bad one, I guess, but I post that here because some days work searching is a real pain and worth griping about. Why don't they just hand you this stuff on a silver platter? Yeah, right.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:29 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Cool

..catz r purrfect...

..they rock!!

..i just realised..i've got great legs.....LOL..ozykimbo..agogo...
Old 05-06-2010, 03:44 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

good on you Toronto...
Old 05-06-2010, 03:51 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

since we're proud parents showing off pics of our kids, here's my fur baby.

oz, mrs. oz can borrow him for her vampire vid...he doesn't have the voice (hysterical) that she has, but he's been practicing the look for it, see?