Notices

Whiners Anonymous...Part 35

Old 03-29-2010, 04:43 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sher I was just thinking about you this morning!! I'm so sorry for whatever troubles you've had - you are definitely missed when you're not around.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:46 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

welcome back Miss Busy (teach)

and miss sis (IO)

queeny,

always get a hoot out of a good Aisle 6 bit!
Old 03-29-2010, 07:40 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
To Life!

Thanks so much Hevyn...

And thanks to you too, Rusty! :>)

Tomorrow's the day. One more thing discovered today, during the downpours.
The roof they *fixed* - isn't.
Yep, came home and it's leaking in the living room again. Not as bad, but, it's still leaking!
It's not exactly the roof. It's that vent thing in the attic. They said the handy man did such a crappy job, I'd been "robbed" blah, blah, blah.... Yea, everyone else's work was crap, according to *them.*
Well....guess what???

Their work is the WORST I've ever had done!!!
Nothing's done, and what has been started has been done CRAPPY!
And COSTLY, cuz, they don't know what the heck they are DOING!
But, they sure can TALK a big talk!

So, I have to face the music tomorrow...
And fire them....
I don't like stress....

Ann, good story! LOL!
Welcome home, IOStorm! Spring is here, and you should begin to feel a bit better soon.
Ozy, I'd rather be mowing...
Fandy, smart to plot out your moves first. You can do it.
Least, hope your back feels better soon. Often, mine will start feeling better with regular walks. Glad you have a dog to walk...

Time for beddie bye!

Shalom!
Old 03-29-2010, 07:55 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
IO Storm

First...aw, thanks gang. You peeps are the top of the heap...the very top.

Ann...I swear we are sisters somehow. I can just "see" that happening to me. lol!

Fandy...yes. I am an "old" regular...older than dirt!

Least, Oz, Midge, Hev, Rust, Teach!

Cyber hugs, and heart blessings!
Old 03-29-2010, 08:01 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
part time member

I started my taxes today. I have been putting them off. Thought I should probably start. Gives me a headache just thinking about it.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:22 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Taxes! Crap! I think I have a mental block against doing them. Shouldn't be too hard, in all honesty, but I keep putting it on my back burner. Sometimes those back burners get awful crowded...
Old 03-29-2010, 08:52 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

..the zip band has released a new 'video'....hint?

Old 03-29-2010, 08:58 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

...rusty's gonna bash me......

..i hate fishin'...LOL
Old 03-30-2010, 03:26 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
To Life!

I hate thinking about my taxes!
They've been in my car, so I can remember to go to H&R Block. But, somehow, I just keep on forgetting...

Schools all over RI are closed today, due to flooding. Not MY district!
The news is saying to drive very slow, due to hydroplaning. Great! Just what I want to hear.

And I got a call when I got home yesterday. HR scheduled me, at 8:30 am yesterday, for an ENGLISH class, at a school which is the farthest away possible. And it's in the middle of the city, the most difficult to get to, and the most difficult to get out of with 3 schools getting out at the same time!

Hello, I DON"T teach ENGLISH!
I'm a HISTORY teacher!!!
So, why are they dumping an English class on me, first thing in the morning -- the day BEFORE? Clearly it is NOT an EMERGENCY! That's the only reason we are supposed to get placed OUT of our certified area! And the history teacher I was in for yesterday, who was sick, may well be out today, too. So, that guy may well need a sub again. Why not provide some consistency? DUH???

Well, I guess that's a good morning whine to get out of my system, yes?
Oh, and Ozy,
Pattee's bark is worse than his bite. LOL!

Have a whiny day, all!

Shalom!
Old 03-30-2010, 04:02 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

TAXES!!!

i finished mine, know what i have to pay, and just waiting on nanzilla's darling princess daughter to print them out,

that was a week ago, i might get the copies by the 14th! sheesh!

well ozy, the R62 band is kind of like the Three Stooges of Recovery Rock

SIS!!!
Old 03-30-2010, 05:13 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

We have until April 30th to file our taxes, and that's when I will file mine because I owe and the government isn't getting one dime early.

I have spring fever, itching to get outdoors and enjoying the sunshine and warmer weather....but first I need to finish my spring cleaning. Yesterday I cleaned out two dressers and a closet. I have a bag of clothes to donate and a bag of garbage...and still didn't find anymore room than I had before I started.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:38 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

do i DARE to say that I filed my taxes already???? and rec'd a hefty refund...so I could pay MORE taxes on one of the houses my brother and I own?....he has been carrying my expenses for 6 months....so i can pay off another loan I amy carrying....it is a real hamster loop I run in....after my new furnace, i am remodelling the 2nd bathroom, it is currently circa 1982 and the toilet bowl has a hairline crack...I am praying that it holds on until August....HOWEVER the good news is a new pretty NICE extra deep tub with "jets" and i plan to do a vessel sink on top of the granite...Overstock.com has lots to look at and good prices....I wonder if I can deduct it on my taxes as "meditation expenses"..like a mental health problem?

i hope everyone that celebrated enjoyed their Passover dinner last night.

my whine for the day concerns the WEATHER...i think we are now going on 13 inches of rain this month alone!
Old 03-30-2010, 05:41 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

finish my spring cleaning
At least you DO spring cleaning. I gave up on that ages ago and only 'clean' when the urge strikes me... and it's not very often.

Am jumping up and down with anticipation... I get my 'new' stove today and can hardly wait. It'll be the first time in a long while I've had a good working stove...
Old 03-30-2010, 08:15 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
cmc

hiya whiners

Unlike yesterday, when I got absolutely n-o-t-h-i-n-g on my 'list' done; today I plan to get my container garden all set up on my screened backporch. I bought two kinds of tomato plants: Better Boy and Super 100.

The nursery guy didn't think I was very funny when I asked if the Super 100 is guaranteed to produce one hundred tomatoes. Not even a hint of a smile. Which brings about my whine de jour:
Some people have absolutely NO sense of humor!!!!

I'm also starting some heirloom seeds called Aunt Ruby's German Green, as if I didn't have enough plants to tend here. It will be nice to give it a whirl, perhaps generate a new topic or two for the WA-ers here & also share some extra WESH. ( ie: Whiney Experience Strength & Hope )

one more whine before I go...My daughter is sick again. By 'again' I mean that since last October, she has pretty much had each & every cold or viral thingy that has breezed through the South. She has diabetes which has required paramedic visits and trips to the ER. It stinks.

I luv ya, whiners.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:37 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

I think the super 100 might be the cherry tomato plant?? if it is, you definitely will get hundreds of tomatoes!! i always buy one called "sweet cherry 100"...one of the best ones!
Old 03-30-2010, 09:30 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

She has diabetes which has required paramedic visits and trips to the ER. It stinks.

Diabetes DOES stink! I hate diabetes!! It took my little dog's eyesight and is trying to take his life... but I won't let it!

My whine is now that I have a new stove I've got to learn how to work it! Luckily for me the owner's manual was included, unusual for a second hand stove. At least I'm not too old to learn new things... yet...
Old 03-30-2010, 10:51 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Just like a bunch of whiners - putting off our taxes 'til the last minute (except Fandy.) Just did mine this morning. It was painful.

Planting stuff is fun - but my happiness fades - and the whining begins - when the rabbits start eating everything before it can get very far.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:54 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
part time member

I bought a combination dvdrw/vcr on ebay and the dvd part doesn't work! Geesh.
(I'm supposed to be doing taxes right now...and what am I doing instead?)
Old 03-30-2010, 11:40 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
cmc

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Just like a bunch of whiners - putting off our taxes 'til the last minute (except Fandy.) Just did mine this morning. It was painful.

Planting stuff is fun - but my happiness fades - and the whining begins - when the rabbits start eating everything before it can get very far.
I did my taxes a few weeks ago...
Better said: I paid somebody else to do them. Their fee was painful enough.

I have so many critters visiting every day & that's why I decided to keep the veggies in the screened area. I can open the screen-door during the day to allow the bees and butterflies inside to do their pollenation thing. I hope the squirrels, raccoons or possums won't chew through the screens for a snack!
Old 03-30-2010, 12:13 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

oops, I should have clarified....I don't actually "do" my taxes...I drive them to the accountant and write her a check....as for the gardening...yes, the deer come right up to my front door to nibble...I ask them what kind of dressing they would like on their "salads"...I once saw a cherry tomato moving through the grass...being carried by a chipmonk...he could barely move it, but it was definitely HIS.

for weeding and mulching I have the help of Carlos..he does the heavy work for me