Notices

Living in Sobriety Part 14

Old 09-17-2009, 11:47 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KenL View Post
Stone, what the heck is going on here? Ya gotta get out and take a stroll along the canal or something, dude. Stop searching YouTube for Sesame Street videos.

There is a time for strolls and a time for Sesame street! lol
Old 09-17-2009, 11:50 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

LOL Good one Stone!
Old 09-17-2009, 11:57 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

I want a tattoo!! I want a flower on my toe. But my hubby would have a freaking COW! But I'm still working on him. :bounce:
Old 09-17-2009, 12:06 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

who's toe is it? And you're a big girl now Tan.

How are you feeling today I hope a little better than this morning
Old 09-17-2009, 12:16 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post

Yummy tuna sammich today - IO's fave.

Tan - hope your appointment goes well this afternoon. Thinking of you.

Lol, Ro...about tuna sammich time here!

And, same here Tan.

Still worried about my mother..she seems better today, no chest pains..she is just so weak.

Like a clock winding down before my eyes.

I hate it.

Women's meeting tonight...if she is all right this afternoon for me to leave for a couple of

hours. Should be.

Off to the boards..

:ghug2:
Old 09-17-2009, 12:35 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
who's toe is it? And you're a big girl now Tan.

How are you feeling today I hope a little better than this morning
Hey Pot stirrer! I understand what you are saying it is MY toe! But hubby was extremely patient with me while I was in active addiction so I choose to be patient with him on his way of thinking!

I feel tired still. I am going to the dr at 4:30. I gotta get some sleep!
Old 09-17-2009, 12:39 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Meant to say something about your Mom earlier, Sis. So sorry she's not been well. My folks aren't yet at that stage - and I'm grateful for this.

Poor Tanny - can't sleep at night so you're pooped during the day. It sucks! Almost time for your appointment, though. Hang in there. HUGS.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:43 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hey Pot stirrer! I understand what you are saying it is MY toe!
ha ha only joking Tanya. I would be doing the same thing. No offense here.

I feel tired still. I am going to the dr at 4:30.
Hope you can get some relief with the anxiety with this dr visit. And I hope you finally get some sleep.

IO prayers for your mom.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:33 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Well I got a good laugh re: chickens, eggs, tatoo parlors, Sesame st vids and haida bears. Very witty bunch here! My mum used to say brown cows produced chocolate milk. I'm not sayin' how long I believed that....

I'm sorry about your mum, IQ and I hope you are getting some sleep as we speak, Tan.

I have managed o stay away for a few hours. I understand that it's roughest in the beginning....

I went shopping (not much luck, but fun looking) and kissed a sea lion...yes, you read that right.....

Going now that I have your attention....

Last edited by HideorSeek; 09-17-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:51 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

ha ha only joking Tanya. I would be doing the same thing. No offense here.

None taken. really

Sorry to hear about your Mom Sher. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Off to the shrink. I will report back later
Old 09-17-2009, 02:32 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  
let it grow!

my horoscope said i would feel tired today. and i do!
Old 09-17-2009, 03:24 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

well your friend may laugh Rowan but brown hens lay brown eggs....its true!! I only keep these type of hens for the eggs.

Remember I told you about the broody hens before......the type of chickens that want to hatch eggs all the time no matter who owns them. Usually bantams or crossbreeds or even better silky chickens (they are the lovely fluffy ones)...anyway these brown hens are the opposite to that .......they don't really want to be bothered sitting on eggs ........people just call them layers because they give large brown eggs.So I keep some to breed, some to sit and some for eggs.

White chickens give white eggs. I know your going to ask about black chickens so I will do my best to explain. Chickens with black feathers or most crossbreeds give white eggs or a very light cream colour. There are some blue eggs. But the brown hen lays brown eggs.

My friends love those brown eggs.................oh and BTW my home group are getting very fond of my eggs. It started with one friend and now they are all begging me...............I feel VERY special lol!!!!

I really dont like tatoos, I wanted to get one years ago and my husband talked me out of it and I am glad. But I apprieciate the beauty in others. Think I will stick to my transfers .......easily picked up in a lucky bag and washes off when the mood wears off ! lol

I was at a funeral...a members wife died. Lots of AA support. I am cold and miserable now.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:37 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

good luck with thw shrink Tan......(that word just wont sit ok with me lol)

I am off to bed , Im tired too k.....see you all tomorrow xoxox
Old 09-17-2009, 04:52 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  
grateful to be here

hey peoples!
glad to see the jokies haven't stopped and
can you tell me how to get.......
how to get .... to......
SESAME STREET???!!!

hehe
yep i watched the vid.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:23 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
grateful to be here

oh wait a min this is the way better version hehe

sorry and not.....who started this???? i just spent half and hour on youtube listening to sesame street vids wtf???????

ok im done --- you have to laff about abcd cookie monster--dontcha?!!!!

im headin' towards bed to be a lump (ate 2 candy bars today )
i was called for an interview on monday at a nearby college......unfortunately the pay isn't enuf but am going anyway.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:06 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bohemianzen View Post
oh wait a min this is the way better version hehe

sorry and not.....who started this????

Me! Manamanah!
Old 09-17-2009, 06:10 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

i love fresh eggs, the yolks have such an awesome color,

and the flavor!

nut'n like store bought jobs!

Old 09-17-2009, 06:46 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Funny! I didn't have time for supper before HG so just cooked up some eggs and rye toast for me and daughter. I come here - and there is all this talk of eggs! Nelco, thanks for the explanation, that is really neat - I love learning new things xx

I didn't want to go to HG tonight I was feeling cranky and bloated but I'm glad I went. I'm glad I have the discipline today to go - even when I don't really want to.

I applied for a new position at work and I'm getting a bit stressed. There is a lot of prep work involved i.e. aptitude test, physical fitness test, have to get recertified in first aid and cpr, interview, and i have a huge manual to study in order to prepare. Hopefully I have a month or better before the testing process begins but I am getting ready now. I don't know why I do this to myself - such stress I put on myself. But I would like the job a lot, I think, and it's a huge jump in pay which would really help around here.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:07 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Nel, thanks for the info on the egg situation. Very interesting stuff goin' on there with the chickens. It's amazing that you know so much about this. I can only imagine what your life is like and I do admire you for having that chicken stuff going on. I only have a garden and a cat to keep me entertained. I think it would be neato to have the chicken thing going on as well.

Bo, it's good to see that we have a resident Sesame Street archiver. Thanks for the vids.

Ro, I think it's great that you're doing what you can to advance your status at work. I know it's hard but it's definately worth it if it brings more money. Aside from that, your standing in the company also increases. That means that you're more valuable to them and they are going to be favorable toward you. That's a good thing. I'm proud of you for going for this. Way to go!!

I have my kids tonight. I have 5 but only 3 are with me. One is in bed already and the other two are playing Wii. Things are good. I feel less lonely. Y'all are great peeps. Take care and take time.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:25 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Good info on the eggs Nel.

I am sorry you were feeling sad and miserable tonight. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Ro that's awesome about the new job position, I know you can do it!!!!! You are one determined woman, glad you are going for it.

Ken, thats great the kids are with you tonight.

Bo, I want candy!!!!! I'm so friggin hungry right now but its too late to eat. I never ate dinner, went to meeting and then detox so belly is doing some rumbling here.

They were out of control at detox tonight, pulling chairs across the floor, talking to the person next to them, and the best, raising their hands to tell us how to get sober, what will work This was the worst crowd since I have been going. I am so grateful to have been able to leave there tonight.