Administrator

D
Old 09-19-2009, 07:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

:eyeroll
Old 09-19-2009, 07:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IOStorm
You have a good head on your shoulders, ken, though..i am sure you will know what to do. You are a pretty cool guy in my book!
IO - :ghug3 - Thanks for those kind words. The first time I read them I was "typeless". LOL. Seriously, I do appreciate what you said and I am very grateful. Thank you.

Originally Posted by iostorm
Oh, i was really triggered by the guy who is using the wife's bipolar against her. I have this disorder. See, my ex felt the same way..basically, that it didn't really exist..and that i wasn't "clean and sober" taking my meds. He was on sr for awhile telling folks how "sick" i was ...and was finally banned. That sure does not sit right right with me...something sinister might me afoot with this guy...tread lightly.
It's very sad, IO. Your situation does sound quite similar to my friends'. And I agree, what I've been told does seem to be quite sinister. He apparently is even using their children as "venting" resources. Especially their daughter. According to my friend, K, he talks about the divorce with their daughter. I can only imagine what he says to her about K. She has also said some very cruel things to K. K remains close to their son. That's a good thing because I know she must feel so alone now in her apartment. She lives closer to home now but her mom recently had a stroke during all this stuff. K sounds well, but I'm not so sure about how she is really holding up. So in light of all that, I'll ask again for prayers for my old friend K. She could use them at this time. And also pray for her h. Lord only knows what's going on with him. Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this.

I'll end this with a variant of a line I just heard from a Harry Potter movie I watched with the kiddies tonight. "We may all be from different places but we have one heart." When I heard that line I thought of all of you. Thanks to one and all for being here and offering support for nearly perfect strangers. :ghug2
Old 09-19-2009, 07:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

good line Ken!

prayer out from me too

D

oh almost forgot - Rowan?
Old 09-19-2009, 08:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Oh Honey's I'm home

Awesome night, went with 6 friends and 2 of them spoke. Great stories.

IO prayers for you babe and your precious Mom.

Ken that is a great line from the movie.

Heading to bed, see ya in the morning.

Oh Anon, you are doing great, I really am so proud of you.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks bee

I'll end this with a variant of a line I just heard from a Harry Potter movie I watched with the kiddies tonight. "We may all be from different places but we have one heart." When I heard that line I thought of all of you. Thanks to one and all for being here and offering support for nearly perfect strangers

couldnt say it better ken
Old 09-20-2009, 12:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

a blessed day LIS,

off to the Flea
Old 09-20-2009, 12:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Mornin.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

morning everyone!!

I want to go to the flea market with ya Rusty. I love looking through old stuff.

I wani will aim for one a day.. evening ones suit me best as i'm fine during day, weather here is beautiful, i live near gorgeous beaches i plan to make good use of... but yes attending a meeting a day is a very good idea, hopefully i'll find someone i can ask as a sponser..
I just want to carry this over to the new thread......... because anano you are really doing good. I will pray your HP guides you to the right person. but remember nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake. An as Ken said we are all together here, somehow we found each other........thats meant to be! "
We may all be from different places but we have one heart." !
thanks Ken for the reminder

Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.
quote from alcoholics anonymous big book edition 1.....page 449

heading out for a few hours .....see you all later xox
Old 09-20-2009, 03:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Old 09-20-2009, 03:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

good morning

Is everyone out for the day already, I'm just having my first cup of coffee. I have alot of house work to do today.

I want to go to the flea market too.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

As Bee says: HI HONIES, I"M HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :day6 (and freezing, I might add...) Too bad I missed the banter about pay pal, being bought and the like, you funny ducks!

Well, off to a meeting, but wanted to send a special hug to all of you, particularly IQ and Ken. And thanks Ken, for the HP (Harry Potter, not Higher Power) quote. ....Sheesh, I never though about that..our HPs working through HP??? Too much for my caffeine starved brain to contemplate this early....

Back later...:ghug3
Old 09-20-2009, 05:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good morning friends!

Having my morning coffee and trying to shake the cobwebs loose from my brain. There is frost on the ground this morning! Brrr! I came back to bed and got under the covers to type to you all.

I am going to pick up my sponsor at the airport today - I'm a bit nervous over the drive - Toronto highways scare me a little.

I hope everyone has a great day. Be back soon.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Mornin' y'all. Joinin' you in that cup of coffee Ro, not the bed part though. It's beeeeeutiful day here in MN. Sun is just up and the skies are blue.

Hi D, B, Anon, Stone and RZ.

Nelc - In honor of the brown chicken I'll be having an omelet made from brown eggs this morn. Only problem is....the omelet is brown too! Not too appetizing but it goes well with the color of my coffee. Oh and thanks for the quote.

Lis - Welcome home!! :ghug3 We're all expecting enchanting gifts from afar.

Have a good day y'all!
Old 09-20-2009, 06:13 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Believe: YouTube - Billy Elliot - I Love To Boogie (T-Rex)

Hope you like

Nelco : YouTube - The Sound of Music-Maria Nuns Chorus (Soundtrack)

Hope you like

Mornin everyone

YouTube - Dolly Parton 9 to 5
Old 09-20-2009, 06:16 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

ha ha, thanks Louis.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:28 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i'm goin' to a new church this morning with the aunt - she goes to a unitarian church. never been to a unitarian church ..

we're taking her 94 year old friend on his walker, gotta pick him up and get him there and back the things i get myself into sometimes.

i'm sure they'll want to have a late breakfast out somewhere on the way home.

:rotfxko this is gonna be ALL DAY!
Old 09-20-2009, 06:30 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Sorry i havent been posting...

I have been having a rough few days.... very up and down... im in the process of doing my step 4 and although i put it away cos i was struggling and things seemed better for a while... it's been niggling me from under the bed where it has been laying in wait for me...
I havent drank but have been escaping from myself alot recently...

Anyway... last night i made afew changes sooooooo

Today i have woken up refreshed and looking at the world with a new out look that i can hopefully keep

Last night i went to a friends and although i didnt stay too long (cos they were getting more drunk i as i was with them and becoming aggressive, not with me) I got my hair coloured and cut.... so i no longer have grey roots... or the distinguished look i call it..
I have brown hair again with burgandy streaks through it... and where as my hair runs nearly the length of my back i had about 6/8 inchs cut off it...
I feel like a poodle now with my hair in its pony tail

So what else could i do with my new look... i know... get my friggin assignments for uni done... well.... I DID ONE yeahhhhhhh.... its only taken 4 months (which it has been overdue) but at least its done....
2 more to go... but they will be easier now this one is out the way

Sorry this post is so long... (unlike my hair now)

Hava a great day folks... i do come in and read... i just cant always verbaise whats going on wiht me... i do talk to Donna though and let her know i am ok... she's a good en you know??????????...

Nelco: thankyou for the message here's me.... im back!!!!!!!

p.s whats with the new smilie thing... 3 limit?
Old 09-20-2009, 06:41 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

louis, always was 3 smileys per post guess you just never had reason to reach max per post before.

You sound great my friend. Brown w/burgundy highlights, that's what my daughters hair was at one time, and I liked it. Now its completely dark brown and she has her extensions in.

Going to try to work on getting my pictures posted on craigs list to sell some things. I don't know what the heck I am doing though. Oh well, got to start somewhere.

Louis, if that 4th step is messing with you from under the bed, maybe its again time to pick it up. Just a hour a day maybe until you complete it. And don't forget a prayer before starting it each time, might help a bit. Ask your sponsor what she thinks.