Notices

Living in Sobriety Part 12

Old 09-06-2009, 02:40 AM
  # 541 (permalink)  

Mornin Louis.

QI: Fact of the Day

In the 11th Century, the largest slave-market in Europe was in Dublin.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:57 AM
  # 542 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Morning stone

Off to work now.... you guys have a great day...

Take care all
louis
Old 09-06-2009, 03:48 AM
  # 543 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Morning Stone and Louis and anyone else awake on LIS

Rowan, that movie is something else. Hope you can get it.

lol Lis. I hope Bee has not dunked us either lol.

Louis It is good to see you here this morning. You would probably understand what I spend my morning doing considering you spend time with pheasants. I have guinea hens, and a chicken sat on some eggs and hatched out guinea chicks. They like heat and cannot survive in the cold. The temp have fallen a lot here so I had to make a little house in the shed and put them in there under a heat lamp. So far so good!!
Old 09-06-2009, 03:49 AM
  # 544 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by stone View Post
Mornin Louis.

QI: Fact of the Day

In the 11th Century, the largest slave-market in Europe was in Dublin.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:13 AM
  # 545 (permalink)  

Why did the chicken sit on the eggs if they weren't hers? Where's the guinea mom? Poor babies. You're a good mom, Nelcs. I hope they are okay.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:41 AM
  # 546 (permalink)  

It looks like our local video store carries that movie on DVD so I may get it tomorrow. It looks really good.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:56 AM
  # 547 (permalink)  

Mornin' kids (and chicks and pheasants and guinea babies...)

Well, fall is in the air...nippy in the a.m. and p.m., but warm in between. In other words, it's "layers" season. I have to say I feel like a wrapped sausage in layers and would much prefer fewer to more clothes. Oh well. Lettin' it go...

I'm thinking about "acceptance" this morning and it is so very, very hard for me.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:59 AM
  # 548 (permalink)  

ooooooh I just noticed I can remove my thanks if I want. Thats new or am I blind?
how do you do that?

Just back from a meeting. While I feel okay, I'm not feeling particularly grateful tonight, and this particular meeting can be toxic - so - I had to say the serenity prayer a few times while folks were sharing. Just one of those days. Glad I'm sober, though.

hope your feeling better now

hi to everyone, hope you all enjoyed/enjoying your weekend.. i am still getting used to who is doing what where in terms of sleeping... eating... etc... i will get there!!

mines over, was a good one though...

catch you all later

k
Old 09-06-2009, 04:59 AM
  # 549 (permalink)  

Hi Ro.

Hi hossis

I am thinking about the "hungry ghost", always wanting more......
Old 09-06-2009, 05:00 AM
  # 550 (permalink)  

Hi anano.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:00 AM
  # 551 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Hi Row,

some chickens are very broody and they will sit on any eggs. This year my hubby got some duck eggs from someone who had a very special breed. I put them under a silky chicken (they are great mothers) and I have 2 lovely pure bred ducks. Very pretty. They still waddle behind that chicken lol.....love her!!

The guinea hens are a bit mad. Always running here and there.The guinea mom started to lay some in the chicken house and just left them to run off with guinea dad!!! lol They are froclicking in the long grass as we speak!! They lay their eggs outside a lot in the long grass and I cannot let them stay there cause...........foxy!!!
If the baby guineas get wet in the first 6 weeks its a bit tragic. They often start getting sick. The chicken is still sitting on more eggs but nothing else hatched out yet.

I will leave the regular chicks with her if she hatches any.

To be honest Rowan the chicken that is sitting on the eggs, is a bit of an eejit!!!! she was only born last year herself, and she thinks this is great..... untill they hatch out, then she seems to be confused as to what she does next!!
she did not keep they chicks under her or feed them and they wandered off for food...I found 2 dead. So she cannot be trusted!!

Ha ha bet your sorry you asked.

I hope the film has a good effect on you, remember "but for the grace of God!!" because soome people may get a little down watching all that hardship in the drinking> I was sooooooo grateful for AA. which it also covers.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:04 AM
  # 552 (permalink)  

oops i just noticed the where to remove thanks.. it is late thats my excuse!

YouTube - Susan Hayward in I'LL CRY TOMORROW (1955

i'm looking forward to checking this out
Old 09-06-2009, 05:04 AM
  # 553 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by HideorSeek View Post
Mornin' kids (and chicks and pheasants and guinea babies...)

Well, fall is in the air...nippy in the a.m. and p.m., but warm in between. In other words, it's "layers" season. I have to say I feel like a wrapped sausage in layers and would much prefer fewer to more clothes. Oh well. Lettin' it go...

I'm thinking about "acceptance" this morning and it is so very, very hard for me.
yes Lis but the clothes are great this time of year. All the autumn colours. chunky scarfes and gloves and all wrapped up in layers.....no spare tyre(belly) to worry about..lol.

Bright coloured kettles and warm wollen mittens................sorry could not resist
Old 09-06-2009, 05:06 AM
  # 554 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Hiya anano....hope your having a good day/night or whatever time it is with you lol
Old 09-06-2009, 09:22 AM
  # 555 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

wow I am on my own again!!

I am heading out to meet friends now and we are going to a meeting later, so see you all tomorrow xxxox
Old 09-06-2009, 09:34 AM
  # 556 (permalink)  

Thanks for another episode of 'As the Eejit Turns' lol Nelco boy that made me chuckle when you called that chicken an eejit. It sounds like you have a regular soap opera going on there; ducks with chickens, chickens with guinea hens, frolicking in the grass, evil fox, lol. I am NOT sorry I asked - you painted a brilliant picture.

I had no idea that movie existed. I looked it up and saw the AA reference which has piqued my curiosity even further. Turns out our library carries it so I'll wander over a little later and pick it up. It's a lovely day out but quite warm. I'm like you, Nelcs, I enjoy dressing up a bit in the autumn weather. Big sweaters and scarves, knitted hats and the like. Crisp morning air. Autumn leaves on the ground and on the trees.

Enjoy your time with friends, and the meeting.

Hugs out to everyone else. I'll be around later I'm sure. Just having a cuppa (I'm not Irish but I am an eejit lol).
Old 09-06-2009, 09:35 AM
  # 557 (permalink)  
let it grow!

our michigan road trip is rained out, so we're trying to come up with a plan b..

i'm not very flexible
Old 09-06-2009, 09:38 AM
  # 558 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Catch ya later Row

K
Old 09-06-2009, 09:40 AM
  # 559 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear your trip was cancelled, K. Come on up to Newfieland! Bring your American flag!