Notices

Living in Sobriety Part 5

Old 07-12-2009, 07:50 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Hope you have a nice day with your friend Rowan.

Bee you have a programme and that is the important thing. Its a gift!!
Old 07-12-2009, 08:03 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Yep, thank God for having this program today.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:21 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Bummer that I missed you, Nel's Bells (do you mind if I call you that...it's because of that morning when the church bells were ringing). Hugs and sweet dreams!
Meant to answer you earlier Lizzy.........of course I dont mind.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:31 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Did I miss Elizabeth posting this morning?
Old 07-12-2009, 08:40 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Am feeling a little weak and shaky so am having some chicken soup before walking the dogs.

Am ready to kick dk's careless ass right now! Washed every towel in the house last night but they weren't all there when I went to put them away this morning. Then I found three of them IN THE HAMPER!! She'd taken a shower and just put the damn towels in the hamper after using them once!! I'm getting a lock for the towel cupboard!

Not to mention... she's used up an entire gallon of bleach in less than a week!! Don't know what she's doing with it but this is going to stop!
Old 07-12-2009, 08:46 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Hi least, will you get a meeting later??
Old 07-12-2009, 08:48 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

THere's one this evening.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:02 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

thats good least. You have to get sober and stay sober to achieve change. Life should not be such a stuggle, applaud your ability to keep going with such odds as you share about. Go to meetings make friends. Get a sponsor and ring her when your down instead of going to bed. cook nice food, go for long walks. Excerise really helps. You can be happy even if all around you are losing their minds, but there is work to do. At the start it is hard but it gets easier. When you dont want to go to a meeting...thats the one you need the most. when you dont want to make a call.......thats the call you need to make. Your will dont work, neither did mine, got to do it different....... Otherwise you will just go around and around in circles. The choice is yours.....
Old 07-12-2009, 09:26 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

:ghug3
Old 07-12-2009, 09:32 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Where is Elizabeth today?

Nel, how is the house cleaning going, ha ha. I am trying to clean house, literally and program wise today. I have laundry in right now, cleaned my bedroom, kitchen and that's it for right now. Got to get more motivation going
Old 07-12-2009, 09:33 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

ok so lets get this thread talking about more positive stuff lets try and focus on LIVING in sobriety instead of getting through sobriety. We all have lots of stuff going on and we need to talk about those but we also need to work hard at keeping positive and cultivate gratitude for our lives and our kids and our families and our health and our houses and our independence and our animals and our jobs and our hp and our freedom and our war free countries and our food and our love and our cars and our water and our coffee and our beaches and our rivers and our trees, flowers, birds, sunsets, sunrises, small babies, old people, holidays. schools, sr.....LIS!!........shall I go on
Old 07-12-2009, 09:34 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

got a good bit done but I need to do more. I will finish it......i am determined.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:42 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Originally Posted by nelco View Post
ok so lets get this thread talking about more positive stuff lets try and focus on LIVING in sobriety instead of getting through sobriety. We all have lots of stuff going on and we need to talk about those but we also need to work hard at keeping positive and cultivate gratitude for our lives and our kids and our families and our health and our houses and our independence and our animals and our jobs and our hp and our freedom and our war free countries and our food and our love and our cars and our water and our coffee and our beaches and our rivers and our trees, flowers, birds, sunsets, sunrises, small babies, old people, holidays. schools, sr.....LIS!!........shall I go on
I definitely agree with you Nel. There are so many positives when you are working on your program. We all have those days when we are not feeling up to par and that's okay because here we are able to help each other through them, but we also need to find the good things about life in sobriety, and there are good things. Hey that's why we got sober to begin with, so that we wouldn't be so miserable anymore.

I am excited about my job interview on Tuesday, I shared about it at my meetings yesterday. I keep turning it over, taking it back, turning it over, ha ha. I am okay with whatever happens. I'm glad it has me feeling good about myself, that I am capable of doing something. Who would have ever thought I'd be happy about going on interviews for a job? Me the person who didn't like to work.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:50 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

I am excited about my job interview on Tuesday, I shared about it at my meetings yesterday. I keep turning it over, taking it back, turning it over, ha ha. I am okay with whatever happens. I'm glad it has me feeling good about myself, that I am capable of doing something. Who would have ever thought I'd be happy about going on interviews for a job? Me the person who didn't like to work.

Good things will come to pass.....hey my hubby just beat cancer treatment and let me tell you he had to work some programme there. chemo is a tough cookie. You know he continued to sponser some guys while going throught it, he said it took him out of self!!
It was no bed of roses living with it either but life is life ....and some days its tough but everything passes and we are always changing nothing stands still....

catch ya all later xxxx
Old 07-12-2009, 09:56 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My place will not be clean and clutter-free til the last two kids have moved out! Every room in the house looks like a laundromat threw up in it!

Time to walk the dogs...
Old 07-12-2009, 10:06 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

I'm always glad to be reminded that this is LIVING in sobriety, not just GETTING THROUGH it. I got my to-do list done, I got some exercise (walked to drugstore), I ate, showered, now waiting on my pal. Nice day to sit by the water and watch the waves, and to sit in the sand with her wee one and build sand castles.

I am grateful for my HP George, and for health care, and for my sober friends. I am going to work really hard at disciplining myself when it comes to ANTS (automatic negative thoughts) and will work at replacing them with positive ones.

Last night at a meeting, I heard, 'get drunk or change' and that pretty much summed it up for me. When I went to hospital on Wednesday, I could have picked up the bottle, but I picked up the phone and keyboard instead, and did something to effect change.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:36 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  
let it grow!

a lot of grateful folks here :ghug3

proud of everybody!

i'm out to water, then i need a shower! we're still entertaining a few house guests, so mr k gonna cook something on the grill this afternoon - he's off to the store. i'm gonna try to take the afternoon kind of off. a bit tired from all the doins'.

my neighbor got a new motorcycle, and has promised me a ride in exchange for his supper

i hope i don't FALL OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2009, 10:38 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

when it comes to ANTS (automatic negative thoughts) and will work at replacing them with positive ones.
I like that, not the Ants but the ANTS, I am trying to replace them also, sometimes they get the best of me, another defect of mine.
Last night at a meeting, I heard, 'get drunk or change' and that pretty much summed it up for me. When I went to hospital on Wednesday, I could have picked up the bottle, but I picked up the phone and keyboard instead, and did something to effect change
That's what this program is all about, picking up the phone when we can't handle something, instead of the bottle. Ro, you are working a solid program and that is the proof. You reached out every way you knew how to, be proud of yourself. Too many people in my journey that relapsed this past week and every one of them was not working their program or any program. It just convinces me even more, to be ever vigilant of this disease. I either work my program or I will die.

By the way, I am so jealous that you will be at the beach, seeing the waves, digging your feet in the warm sand, ah, and building sand castles. What a blessed day you have in store for you.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:40 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  
let it grow!

ice cream truck is here! ice cream truck is here!

Old 07-12-2009, 10:40 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

i hope i don't FALL OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God forbid K. Please hold on tight!!!