For Members with Less than 2 Weeks Part 8

Old 05-26-2009, 11:46 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Thanks Pixy1.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:37 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Good to see you back Steamvessel.

You were an inspiration to me when I was first here a year ago.

Keep going, you'll get there.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:38 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Like how your sounding Pixy
Old 05-26-2009, 03:45 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Thanks Fizzy.

I'm heading to a better place I hope (I dont mean the other side )
Old 05-26-2009, 05:14 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome and Congratulations Wednesday!

Old 05-26-2009, 05:17 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

SV......Mega

Pixy.....Mega

Glad to see both of you moving forward
Yes! You can.......
Old 05-26-2009, 05:55 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

Thank you so much Steam and Pixy for coming back here and sharing. I know it takes courage and I am grateful you are so willing to share your experiences with us. It's only been 60 days since my last drink so I feel what your going through, this is such a miserable sickness and it really doesn't get any better.

Congradulations on your 2 weeks Wednesday.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:08 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Dean 60 days is great just great. I have never got that many days but this time I'm giving it everything. I have no choice.

The important thing is to just keep going. If you fall, get back up!

Even when drinking I came back here every day. I refused to let this problem slide into the background. But I sure did feel like it sometimes.

I have to say one thing though. For one reason or another this thread is not like it was when I first joined in March last year. People seem to post a little less. I know when I first got here this thread was very important to me. Or may be it's because I have had so many slips, who knows
Old 05-27-2009, 08:12 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Steam check in :ghug3
Old 05-27-2009, 10:16 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Hey Pixy...come on over to the May thread. We'd love to have you!! I, too, posted on this thread last year, but now I'm hanging out on the "Class" thread. We try to post regularly there....check us out, we're a nice bunch!
Old 05-27-2009, 12:31 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Good Morning. Unfortunately Sunday night, on my 7th day...I was weak. I feel terrible about it...and extremely guilty. I had been doing so good. My roommate was practically begging me all day to go out with her Sunday night. At first, I said no...but I caved in. I've come to the conclusion that living with her is not going to work. If she hadn't asked me to go out and hadn't been so adament about going out...it would have never crossed my mind! I wasn't even in the MOOD to drink. I just did it because at the time I lost track of what mattered most to me. We went out to our "hot spot" and drank...then of course since we had off Monday I ended up drinking all day Monday. My drinking has gotten to the point where I can't go out, drink, and stop. If I don't have any obligations the following day I'll just keep on.

My boyfriend is SO supportive. He drank on occasion, but has decided to stop completely to support me. When I told him I was going out Sunday night he BEGGED me not to. Once it was all said and done he asked what I was doing differently now to stop that I didn't do in March or April...because I say I'm willing to do whatever it takes, but don't necessarily follow through on that. I need to do something...starting with my living arrangements changing. That, however, may be a bit complicated.

Day 2 now...

Working out and focusing on my health is so beneficial for me. When I'm sober, I work out twice daily, 5-6 times a week...It clears my mind and makes me feel good...better than alcohol ever could!
Old 05-27-2009, 07:09 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Hey Steamvessel!

Glad you are back! You really supported me in my first few days. I hope you can beat it this time! :ghug3
Old 05-27-2009, 08:28 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

I got to 5 or 6 weeks... I got complacent and stopped counting. Then had a drink, well two. Then another the next day.... *sigh* Its not much but it took a lot to keep it at that and all day today the thoughts came that I wanted some more. So here I am again.

Day 1
Old 05-28-2009, 04:11 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

You can do it, electrickery! :ghug3
Old 05-28-2009, 04:26 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Elect pick yourself up and start again. What ever you do keep coming back!

I have woken up in a bad mood because I have over slept. I don't have to be anywhere or do anything today but it's put me in a bad mood.

The day can only get better
Old 05-28-2009, 06:50 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Day 3. I'm feeling okay, besides the fact that I didn't get much sleep last night. I'm not sure why, I just couldn't fall asleep for some reason. I got up this morning at 5AM and got my morning workout in...even though I was dragging a little bit.

It's beautiful outside today...the sun is shining and it's basically perfect weather.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:01 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
Good Morning. Unfortunately Sunday night, on my 7th day...I was weak. I feel terrible about it...and extremely guilty. I had been doing so good. My roommate was practically begging me all day to go out with her Sunday night. At first, I said no...but I caved in. I've come to the conclusion that living with her is not going to work. If she hadn't asked me to go out and hadn't been so adament about going out...it would have never crossed my mind! I wasn't even in the MOOD to drink. I just did it because at the time I lost track of what mattered most to me. We went out to our "hot spot" and drank...then of course since we had off Monday I ended up drinking all day Monday. My drinking has gotten to the point where I can't go out, drink, and stop. If I don't have any obligations the following day I'll just keep on.

My boyfriend is SO supportive. He drank on occasion, but has decided to stop completely to support me. When I told him I was going out Sunday night he BEGGED me not to. Once it was all said and done he asked what I was doing differently now to stop that I didn't do in March or April...because I say I'm willing to do whatever it takes, but don't necessarily follow through on that. I need to do something...starting with my living arrangements changing. That, however, may be a bit complicated.

Day 2 now...

Working out and focusing on my health is so beneficial for me. When I'm sober, I work out twice daily, 5-6 times a week...It clears my mind and makes me feel good...better than alcohol ever could!
It sounds to me like your room mate doesnt in any way have your best interests in mind. Its pretty selfish to beg someone to come and drink with them - not only selfish but also desperate! i would take a look at that behaviour and ask if thats what you want in your life...

Its interesting that your room mate "practically begged" you to come out and your boyfriend (who seems very supportive of YOU and what YOU say you want) "BEGGED" you not to go out yet you chose to go and drink with your room mate.... how sure are you that you weren't in the "mood to drink". Just asking because addiction can be a slippry beast and its all to easy to put things onto others.....

I am really really good at that by the way! A champion in finding excuses, reasons, justifications to drink.

You cant do it! and don't let that roomie convince you again! :ghug3
Old 05-29-2009, 05:51 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Way to go everyone.......

It's a good time to share your weekend plans
on how you are going to stay sober.

For me...that means 2 AA meetings plus fellowshipping
with AA friends. Of course....I will be in and out
of SR too......

Please stay in focus and strong....recovery is worth the effort.
Forward is the correct action......

Sooo...what are you going to do??
Old 05-29-2009, 07:05 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

I have a wedding reception to go to. But I'm going to drive and not stay too late. The bride doesn't drink at all so I wont feel so bad and can use my diet as an excuse for not drinking
Old 05-29-2009, 09:50 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Awsome pix.....it's great to see you think things through and come up with plans to help you deal (hug)