Notices

Bottoms Part 120

Old 02-18-2009, 07:12 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

sexy time! very nice! (in Borat voice)
Old 02-18-2009, 09:42 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Stoney-dogs generally don't react well to people who are scared of them.Are you?Seriously.They pick it up and get defensive.

Taking a few dog treats with you will fix this.Their sense of smell is 100 times better than ours and food wins them over usually-every time(unless theyre awful breeds like pitbulls-which I recommend you stay the hell away from-theyre bred to fight and have never recovered.But I gather they've been banned in Britain and I'm glad.We're trying to get them banned here too.Unredeemable breed I'm afraid)

Anyway-as I said-just an idea.See how you go.

Hope you're doing okay tonight,

Julesxox
Old 02-19-2009, 01:51 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

It is a bit of a chicken and egg situation, I am scared of them cos I was attacked by guard dogs in France once. I was looking for a job (I was 19 looking for seasonal work to make my hols last longer) and walked right up to an old manor house type thing.
I tend to stare them out which they take as a challenge, I could get iover my fear though....probably.

I have some stuff to do today and am having anxiety attacks from the withdrawals, I only drank 3 days but this is how it affects me.

Gyps, I do have a handle on why I drink, my brain goes weird and allow myself to do it....I made the friggin decision to do it. I will not do that again.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:14 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Stone, you thought about doing some voluntary work maybe? It's really good, cos it will give you a chance to meet some people and do stuff that helps out and might break the monotony of your routine - which is maybe why drinking is still a big risk for you?

I checked this out:-

Volunteer Centre Liverpool - Mersey Volunteer Bureau - Official site

There are a bunch of links and stuff there. Maybe give some of them a ring and find out what's available - plus there is training and all sorts of stuff available. It's a really good route to go down, because it could lead to a job but best of all, it's no strings so you can walk away at any time.

It might help to structure your day, and also give you something to wake up in time for, etc. I work with a lot of volunteers, and they really seem to get a lot out of it and they're from all walks of life, retired, unemployed, etc.

Just a suggestion buddy. :ghug3
Old 02-19-2009, 02:27 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

I will do that RK. It is one of those things I have thought about but never got around to.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:55 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Jules, I gotta take a stand for pit bulls. They don't deserve the reputation they have. Except for those poor pit bulls bred and tortured into fighting to the death, they can be loving dogs just like any other dog. It all depends on how they're brought up. My neighbor down the street has one and she is lovely. She lets me pet her and wags her tail when I talk to her. And my sister in OK has one who is her youngest kid's best friend, used to lie down beside her while she was lying on the floor watching tv.

Dogfighting is what should be banned, not the breed of dog raised to fight (and tortured into being so mean). Keeping a dog chained up 24/7 also makes them mean from being neglected and often abused. It's not the dog's fault, it's the fault of the dog's owner. The pit bulls that are mean were made to be that way, not born that way. Raised with love they are loving dogs.

just my two pence...
Old 02-19-2009, 05:18 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by stone View Post

Gyps, I do have a handle on why I drink, my brain goes weird and allow myself to do it....I made the friggin decision to do it. I will not do that again.
Short answer:

Don't make that decision babes.

I do understand that this is easier said than done though. I think knowing when you're getting that weirdness is a time to be extra diligent,on guard, proactive you know?

Can I do anything to help ya babes ?
Old 02-19-2009, 05:24 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

The last dog that scared the life out of me was a Briard, I was a bit drunk outside a Pub and asked the owner if I could stroke his dog...hoping he might say if it was a nervous type or whatever, and the dog snapped in my face.
It was like when you see a mongoose pull back from a snake, the dog kept his face half an inch from mine as I pulled back, banged my head on a wall. The owner hit it a few times and dragged it off.

Since then I have been in the company of an Akita cross, crossed with a bear I think. It was my Uncle and Aunts dog and I said hello to it with reeking of fear and then made my excuses and left.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:25 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gypsytears View Post
Short answer:

Don't make that decision babes.

I do understand that this is easier said than done though. I think knowing when you're getting that weirdness is a time to be extra diligent,on guard, proactive you know?

Can I do anything to help ya babes ?
LOL

I shall be proactive, I knew what I was doing, by 4-5 months it shall get much easier if experience is anything to go by.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:41 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
let it grow!

when i came down to my living room this morning, all the holes in the ceiling had pieces of wood inside them, like covering them and strings coming down through holes in the middle of the pieces of wood with tools hanging from string nooses.

like a group tool suicide.

can't decide if it's blair witch creepy or perfect mind creepy. creepy either way though.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:44 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Experience is a good barometer. It does get easier every time you don't give in. You gain a certain strength and power over the craving, the calling, the urge, the feeling. The want and need to becomes less and less. You have to stay strong in your resolve babes and not give in... every time.

Changing some things in your life as Jules and RK have suggested are a great way to give yourself some options, some distractions, some purpose, something, anything other than the fallback answer to drink.

But you know all of this stoney .
Old 02-19-2009, 05:45 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by tanyapmc View Post
Old 02-19-2009, 05:46 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by parentrecovers View Post

can't decide if it's blair witch creepy or perfect mind creepy. creepy either way though.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:49 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by gypsytears View Post
i know! it's such a mr k thing. i wish my daughter was here right now to see it, she would LOVE it!

i'm gonna go to ikea soon, suzi. i want a plastic kimbe chair
Old 02-19-2009, 06:30 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  
let it grow!

made some chocolate cupcakes last night - mini ones need to ice them. also making a simple pineapple upside down cake, a box one doctored. a quick trip out for paper goods, decaf coffee, and a small pile of firewood. i got about 20 rsvps for our meet the candidate open house tonight. so that's pretty good. mr k has one hour this morning to get the tools down from the ceiling, move his shite to the garage, and carry up some folding chairs from the basement. ha!

what you guys doing today? anybody want to come over and vacumn up sawdust?
Old 02-19-2009, 06:53 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Post office & possibly bank for me right now. Then when Damon gets dressed I think we're going to the floor place to get the bamboo baseboards for the living room. His friend is supposed to come over tomorrow morning to put the floor down with Damon's help. I will be of help, as I'll be out of here at the studio! I hope we stop at an appliance store on the way to get another oven rack. I cannot function with only one. We could use a new burner for the grill too if they have it in stock.

I just may check out Home Depot for a few plants, or a nursery nearby. Not sure if they have houseplants though. My keffir lime tree is on hold due to the weather... I just may break down and pay the extra cold weather handling charge. I want that plant and the Buddha's hand. I have zero patience .

I still need to plan a class for the pre-teens & teens. All 2 of them. Sheesh!
Old 02-19-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

Maybe the tools have just had enough of this madness ?
Old 02-19-2009, 06:56 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

keffir lime tree

Does this make a keffir lime pie ?
Old 02-19-2009, 06:59 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

I know for me I had to learn from the pain of relapse and learn from it. I AM a slow learner as I was so familiar and comfortable with the "pain" that I had learned to live with all of my life. If I dont want to feel that bad I "try" not to repeat the action. Something about a program of action or something. blah blah blah
Old 02-19-2009, 06:59 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Everybuddy......