Notices

Coke cravings... does it ever go away?

Old 09-06-2004, 10:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Coke cravings... does it ever go away?

Is anyone else here a recovered cocaine addict?

I stopped using in April of this year, but still constantly get thoughts and feelings which make me so tempted to go back to it. Does the temptation to use ever go away? I feel like these cravings will never go away. Of course it's nothing like what it was in the beginning... it's so much easier now... but still, I can never get it out of my mind.

When I get really weak, because of stuff going on in my life, I feel that I would have gone back to using... but it's because I'm pregnant which stops me. But after I'm not pregnant anymore... then what?
Old 09-07-2004, 07:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
an addict named Mike

Sarah--For some people, it can take quiet a while before the obsession to use drugs has been lifted. Hopefully, you have found NA in your area and have started to take some measures and steps towards freedom. In our text under the fifth tradition, our message is that "an addict, ANY addict, can stop using drugs, LOOSE THE DESIRE TO USE, and find a new way to live. The message is hope, and the promise of freedom". This to shall pass. When I get really weak, I have to rely on others to help me do what I can't do myself. Just hang in there and things will come to pass eventually.
Mike
Old 09-07-2004, 08:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Sarah,

thats a cool reply from servicejunkie.

I still get thoughts but the obsession has been removed and it is wonderful.

So yeah, the cravings went away for me and I wish the same for you.

H
Old 09-07-2004, 10:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Moontime, the drug you mentioned was one of my many drugs of no choice. The literature says the obsession to use will leave some sooner than others. I was one of those who's obession left much later. I couldn't do it alone. I had to go to meetings, tell my sponsor and my support group when I wanted to use. It wasn't really until I got entrentched with step work that the desire to use was lifted.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Its been 10 months for me and now I get some thoughts of using , I think the longer I go without putting it in my system the cravings get further and further away .I play the tape all the way to the end of my using when thoughts come up ,and sometimes say out loud " Hell no , not today " You are doin great , hang in there . Why not give NA a try ?