Notices

Percocet/Vicodin Addiction

Old 08-25-2004, 10:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post Percocet/Vicodin Addiction

IM addicted to percs and vics, i will literally do anything in my capability to get them. they make me feel sooo good! like im floating...i know i shouldnt be taking these, but i dont feel any motivation to stop. when im high on percocet, i feel so happy, but then when i come down i start to get mean to people and these people notice. anyways, i love the way these drugs make me feel. any ideas or comments?

:stups:
Old 08-25-2004, 11:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinkladey4
IM addicted to percs and vics, i will literally do anything in my capability to get them. they make me feel sooo good! like im floating...i know i shouldnt be taking these, but i dont feel any motivation to stop. when im high on percocet, i feel so happy, but then when i come down i start to get mean to people and these people notice. anyways, i love the way these drugs make me feel. any ideas or comments?

:stups:
Your so happy because you have your "high"..before you got addicted to them, you were happy without them. Believe me...I was addicted to them myself and I know the feelings. You need to either cut them out or go to detox....For me, I just flushed them all down the toilet, and went on with life. The first two weeks sucked, but ya need some will power. The withdraws were horrible, but well worth it. I'm a made person now. I quit drinking, eating pills, and chewing tobacco all at once. If I did it, YOU can do it. Good luck!
Old 08-25-2004, 11:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Jails, Institution and Death, choose your end result, that's my comment. The disease wants you to feel like you can't escape the grip. But, from my experience the above are the end result.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with those above. It gets worse.

The "mean" times get longer, and you feel less and less good while taking the percs. Eventually you have to take them just to feel normal. No "high."

You don't have to get that bad. I hope you take a look at your life and see where these pills are taking you.

I"ve been there and done that, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Ashley
Old 08-25-2004, 01:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

welcome to SR

My name is Trish and I am an addict . I was also addicted to pain meds and also experienced the euphoria , the only thing the Doctor didnt tell me was that I would haveto use more and more to get the same effect and eventually the euphoria was a fleeting memory , getting , using and recovering from using became a full time job for me and after a time I started to use street drugs to supplement .It was like a nightmare . I usto think " It wont happen to me " " This time I will take them as prescribed " All denial , my disease of denial ..I hope you read around and see what can happen if you keep using . as you read believe ... Trish
Old 08-25-2004, 01:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Been down that road before and have no desire to go back.
It lasted for about two and half years. The pills had the same effect for me.
It seemed like it made life easier and less stressful, but in the end it was causing all my stress and about killed me.
It's the nasty nature of addiction. We want to feel good all the time, but in attempting to do so we cause utter misery to ourselves and people around us.
I have found recovery to be a much better way to live.
Attending meetings, working with a sposor, and being service to other addicts has taught me that a contact with a Higher Power is what I was searching for with drugs.
I don't know if NA is for you , but a meeting would be a good place to find out.
Good luck,
bobbyd
Old 08-25-2004, 02:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thumbs down

Pinkladey,
Yes they do make us feel good, but it doesn't last and then we need more. And then we need more. And then we need still more. Those little pills that were designed to alleviate physical pain can cause so much psychic pain . You said you would do anything to get them. HAve you thought about the consequences? Loosing a job, ( I did ), loosing a family, loosing freedom, ( fortunately I did not , but I could have had charges been pressed) and loosing your life. Just this past week, 5 people in the area I live, ( southwest FLorida) DIED from overdosing on a combination of opiates, ( that is what the pills you love so much are ) and cocaine. The youngest was 17 the oldest 33.
Please think about what you are risking. We are here. Find help, ask for help, you don't have to hit rock bottom like many of us have. :dead:
Old 08-25-2004, 08:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

The good feeling does and will go away, and eventually we depend on them. Gotta have one or more to talk on the phone or somebody or clean or breath. Like Moontime said the ends are always the same Jails, institutions, and death. After awhile if percocet isn't available street drugs start to look real good, and we always say "I'll never do that", until we do just that. I hope you find your way without losing it all. Right now they might feel good, eventually they will control you and literally tell you when you can go to the bathroom and sleep and eat. Look into attending NA, you wouldn't be here if you thought everything was grand.