Notices

praying and meditating

Old 07-23-2004, 06:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
chris addict

praying and meditating

well started praying at knight before bed when I started getting clean but I only did at night.members has sugested for me to do it fisrt thing in the morning I just never have until this morning and Ive been blessed all day,Ive Just got to be more openminded on suggestions,but I know it is a growing process and everytime I learn something Like I did today I just love it .
Old 07-23-2004, 07:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

sure is a growing process ... I love it too. and to think back I just couldn't wait to get done learning .. now it's what I like to do best.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I love to pray and meditate. I make a point of finding a few minutes of quiet each day to do so. Even if I have to threaten my kids to get it, so be it. I am so grateful that I have a way to quiet my mind today. I never thought that would be possible.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Stud-

I am on my 11th step again this is a step I truely love. I like to keep a note pad by my computer to jot down names of people who are asking for prayer support. Then at night I add it to my prayer journal and then say my prayers for the day. In the morning when I wake up I read in my journal and make notes if someone calls and ask for prayers I add their name to my journal. On one page I have as a heading:"Child of mine if I felt about you they way you feel about these people where would you be?" I add the names of people that I feel conflict with,that I feel have wronged me in some way and,the ones I just plain don't like. It is really hard for me to visit that page but, I feel like it is one of the most important pages in my prayer journal. Because the people I do not relate well with are teaching me a bigger lesson than all the rest combined. I ask my HP to bless these people and keep them safe after awhile of doing that when thoughts of that person come up for me I find myself asking God to bless tham and keep them safe automatically and this helps me more than I can say to be
blessing rather than cursing. It is easy to pray for ones that we love and care about.I am very thankful to my sponcer for helping me place this heading in my prayer journal because this is where I can grow and find true compassion.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
chris addict

You know Im going to try that. I have some people that I really hate or resent so bad they are in my dreams And I pray at night to keep them out of my dreams,So from now on Im going to make a list And pray for them And there safty.Ive got to stay openminded thanks for the suggestion splendra
Old 07-23-2004, 12:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You know I'm going to have to start doing this morning meditation. I get up in the morning and quick get ready for work, no time for anything else. My seizure medicine makes me very groggy in the morning so I guess that is the excuse but I must start praying in the morning. By listening to all of you I feel I am really missing out on something.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanx for th reminder studo- been gettin too close to bodean's 'far far away from my heart'
like Rumi, for 52 years i have been forgetful every moment
but not for a second
has this flowing towards me
stopped or slowed
Old 07-25-2004, 10:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
chris addict

no problem you know It is easy to forget to do things that we used to do thats why I go to meetings so that I dont forget somethings that are either important or nessasary for me to remember.I need that reminder On a daily basis,you know anyways love ya.,