Notices

HELP! I have relasped and need to get clean! FAST!

Old 08-30-2010, 02:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation HELP! I have relasped and need to get clean! FAST!

I went to rehab earlier this year for an oxycontin addiction. I was clean for almost three months and thought maybe I could do just one! BOY was I wrong and I have learned my lesson. I have been off and running for several months now, here I am physically dependant on the damn drug again. I cant ask for help from my friends and family because they believe that I am sober. (I hate lying to them) but I have a child that I am scarred that will be taken from me if my ex and family know that I have relapsed. I am currently in out patient rehab and go to 2-4 meetings a week. I really try to get off but being sick with so much responsibilities is really really hard. My money is dwindling and I cant afford one more pill. Please help. What should I do??

I am thinking about checking into a detox center for labor day weekend and faking a trip somewhere! This is serious. I CANNOT lose my child because of drugs that I hate doing in the first place.

D
Old 08-30-2010, 02:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ahhh Do what you have to do to get help. You can not help anyone, your child included, if you can not help yourself. please think of that above all else.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The thing that is so disappointing is I know better.... Like I said I go to out-patient rehab and attend meetings. I feel so bad going to these events knowing that I am not clean. I want to be so bad! I am just petrified of the withdrawl. There is no easy way out on this..... GRRRR
Old 08-31-2010, 12:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Honesty is a must for recovery !
Start being honest with your family to get all the support you need.
Detox sounds like a good idea.
Do get a sponsor and work your program daily as your life depends on it.
My cousin's son died a few weeks ago from oxy OD...
be here and be sober for your child like you know you can.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

think of your recovery first dear
Old 01-20-2011, 06:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

FYI - This thread is from August of last year.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hopefully she made it!
I always had to cold turkey the opiate withdrawl. Never fun, advil, anti-diarrhea tablets, plent of water, try to walk during the day, benedryl at night, and NA/AA meetings every day.
Its your neurotransmitters revolting, and I know first-hand that opiate addicts are some of the biggest babies out there! Sorry, but its true
Old 02-27-2011, 06:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am going to count this as a lapse. I got a taste of misery last night.ended up in places I did want to be. Spend money wastefully. spent time felling despair and doom. I am going to make a commitment to recovery putting recovery before anyone or thing.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by u71272 View Post
I am going to count this as a lapse. I got a taste of misery last night.ended up in places I did want to be. Spend money wastefully. spent time felling despair and doom. I am going to make a commitment to recovery putting recovery before anyone or thing.
Good for you! Welcome to SoberRecovery!

I can understand your need for making recovery first.
I heard several times early in my recovery that what ever I put in front of my recovery I would end up losing anyway. I would not only use....but lose those things I put ahead of my recovery.

I learned the trial and error way. Exactly what they said came true!
I heard this from others in the fellowship of Narcotics Anonymous. I went to as many meetings as I possible could until I built a foundation for my recovery. That foundation included regular meeting attendance, paying attention to what others shared, getting a sponsor and taking the 12 steps.

If you want what we have to offer and you are willing to make the effort to get it, then you are read to take certain steps.

Have you located or attended any NA meetings near you?

Peace,
Missy
Old 03-11-2011, 01:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have been living a lie that i cant hide anymore. I lapse again this time was worse than the last. I go to meeting and feel like I am headed on the right path and then out of nowhere I give in to my evil desires. I am so glad for Gods grace and mercy giving me a lesson and another chance to start over. I must come to the realization I am powerless and stop fighting !
Old 03-11-2011, 02:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

Have you done anything more than going to meetings? The reason I ask is because meeting attendance is great, but there's much more to staying clean in NA. In all of the meetings in my area, these same suggestions are offered as the "tools" of the program:

1] attend 90 meetings in your 1st 90 days clean.
2] Join a home group.
3] get a sponsor.
4] read the Basic Text.
5] work the steps.
6] get involved in service.
7] keep coming back.

A very good suggestion that I haven't heard shared in a while is - get a list of phone numbers and call someone if you feel like using. Although, IMO, an addict that has made up their mind to use isn't going to call anyone to stop them...I truly believe that an addict that honestly wants to stay clean will do whatever they can....including making that call. It really is about going to any lengths to stay clean. Until I took those suggestions I was what they called a chronic relapser. Now I've been clean for many years, so if you haven't given them a try...it just might be a good idea to do so.

Part of working the 1st step is to stop fighting or trying to control our disease and allow others to help us. We can't help if you don't tell us you need it.

G
Old 03-12-2011, 04:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gmoney View Post
Have you done anything more than going to meetings? The reason I ask is because meeting attendance is great, but there's much more to staying clean in NA. In all of the meetings in my area, these same suggestions are offered as the "tools" of the program:

1] attend 90 meetings in your 1st 90 days clean.
2] Join a home group.
3] get a sponsor.
4] read the Basic Text.
5] work the steps.
6] get involved in service.
7] keep coming back.

A very good suggestion that I haven't heard shared in a while is - get a list of phone numbers and call someone if you feel like using. Although, IMO, an addict that has made up their mind to use isn't going to call anyone to stop them...I truly believe that an addict that honestly wants to stay clean will do whatever they can....including making that call. It really is about going to any lengths to stay clean. Until I took those suggestions I was what they called a chronic relapser. Now I've been clean for many years, so if you haven't given them a try...it just might be a good idea to do so.

Part of working the 1st step is to stop fighting or trying to control our disease and allow others to help us. We can't help if you don't tell us you need it.

G
U71272
thanks G . I will follow the suggestions. Those other things were missing as part of my program. Yes I went to meetings but I did not belong . Its time and now I am ready to go to any length !!!!