Old 03-12-2011, 04:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
u71272

Originally Posted by Gmoney View Post
Have you done anything more than going to meetings? The reason I ask is because meeting attendance is great, but there's much more to staying clean in NA. In all of the meetings in my area, these same suggestions are offered as the "tools" of the program:

1] attend 90 meetings in your 1st 90 days clean.
2] Join a home group.
3] get a sponsor.
4] read the Basic Text.
5] work the steps.
6] get involved in service.
7] keep coming back.

A very good suggestion that I haven't heard shared in a while is - get a list of phone numbers and call someone if you feel like using. Although, IMO, an addict that has made up their mind to use isn't going to call anyone to stop them...I truly believe that an addict that honestly wants to stay clean will do whatever they can....including making that call. It really is about going to any lengths to stay clean. Until I took those suggestions I was what they called a chronic relapser. Now I've been clean for many years, so if you haven't given them a try...it just might be a good idea to do so.

Part of working the 1st step is to stop fighting or trying to control our disease and allow others to help us. We can't help if you don't tell us you need it.

G
U71272
thanks G . I will follow the suggestions. Those other things were missing as part of my program. Yes I went to meetings but I did not belong . Its time and now I am ready to go to any length !!!!