Notices

I am powerless

Old 06-08-2009, 04:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am powerless

I have no problem with admitting that I am powerless and that my life has become unmanageable as the result of my addictions.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

One of the hardest things for me in my recovery, is to admit to being powerless and the fact that my life has become unmanageable. Its hard for me to come to terms with the fact that i have NO CONTROL and that scares me.
i am however learning to hand over all my troubles to the HIGHER POWER.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

Originally Posted by AfricanDaisy View Post
I have no problem with admitting that I am powerless and that my life has become unmanageable as the result of my addictions.

Me either!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Same here G Money...Only problem is I was the last person in town to know it....
Old 07-28-2009, 03:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AfricanDaisy View Post
powerless over ur drugs my friend but with working the steps ....u have power and a choice today to live in the problem or move forwrd to the solution ..which is accepting ur an addict and realising ur the problem....:c031
Old 10-09-2009, 04:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Me to I didnt want to accept that I have a problem. I thought that I was still at the beginning stages. When I first started, but the only diffrence was I didnt feel that sensation and person when I first started using. How ignorant of me hey. By not admitting my life didnt get any better but worse. When I finally came to my senses that i am an addict it was to late. Lost everything. That was a sad day for me, but strangely a happy day as well. The best thing for me was to admit and trying to heal myself, meaning, by having a relationship with my Higher Power, living healthy, making amends with people that I hurt and accepting myself for what I am and was. Today I can honestly say that I cant remember when last I had this feeling about myself, I feel great, I have reason to smile everyday, I got my dream job and this is only the beginning for me. The world is there for me, with oppertunities and I am going to grab it. I owe it to myself.

Peace

Ed