Notices

Food and Mental Health.

Old 02-08-2006, 02:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Food and Mental Health.

This is a well sourced page from the UK Mental Health Foundation. They are currently running a campaign to highlight how food can effect mental health.
Changes to our diet in the last fifty years or so are thought to be an important factor behind recent trends in mental health and mental illness.

Together with Sustain: the alliance for better farming and food, we have launched a campaign to increase awareness and understanding of the links between food and mental health, and to press for shifts in policy and practice as a result.
The page contains downloadable referenced pdf reports, what foods help what problems, recipes, and loads more.

Food and Mental Health Campaign

About the campaign
Our campaign is designed to reach:

*Individuals, so that they can understand how what they eat may affect their mental health, and change their diet if necessary.

*Government and public sector organisations who have a say in the type of food that is available to us and how we are encouraged to eat.

*Businesses including suppliers of food, and people who advise on diet and nutrition.

We are campaigning to change behaviour to increase the use of diet in the care, treatment and promotion of mental health.

Happy munching!!
Old 02-08-2006, 03:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
On The Bus

Thanks

for the post! I have posted several times myself about the importance of diet in connection with Mental Health. And it goes a lot deeper than that. I highly recommend the Diet Cure by Julia Ross.

There are many good suggestions in the book for healthy eating. It is NOT a diet book.

Through the book I found out about my exhausted adrenal glands and the havoc that can raise with you mentally and emotionally.

Yes a healthy body is very important for a healthy mind.

I'm rambling..........
Old 02-08-2006, 12:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cmc

The Maker's Diet by Jordan S. Rubin really made a difference in my husband's health-Gotta go eat now,
cmc
Old 02-17-2006, 12:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad you found it useful - it is very well sourced and a growing area of learning.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thanks for sharing this, I have added it over in the ED's Power posts under articles to read.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks, Equus