Notices

Voluntary hospitalization in Uk

Old 02-02-2006, 03:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

You don't have to try and write as much as me....I'm just a blabber mouth...lol

I'm so glad you felt comfortable at your first AA meeting. I'm so proud of you for going! The first meeting is always a big step I think. And don't worry that you are still drinking...it's okay. Like I said before....I've been to AA meetings were peeps have come in slobbering drunk and then went even further in attempting to get up and speak in front of everyone and even saying that they are no longer drinking.

Just go....make new friends....learn about the program...read the Big Book and when you are ready to stop then you will know it.

K

Hugs,

P.S. You don't have to read all those links and stuff....I just went searching for stuff that might be helpful and those were what I came up with. It's there if you want it and can just as easily be ignored.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am one minute looking forward to this halfway house, living with 5 others, i gotta do it, it could change my life forever, thats what i need, wether it stops me drinking i dunno, only ultimatums from relationships have done that.

I believe that AA & all i meet there & shareing my troubles will be a release, to let go of my sh*t.

My dad may have cancer i learned today, it kills me that this is happening after all the relationship, alcohol stuff i am in, i love him dearly, we arent open & say we love each other, i guess thats the type of family we are, but we both know we do, i am feeling that whoever is looking down from above is doing this to strengthen me & is a good thing, i dunno.

I look to my next AA & i will speak & just blurt out my innermost feelings, troubles.

I said to someone there that i don't wanna put my troubles on others that have troubles, but i guess thats what it's all about, sharing!

Love to you

Gaz
Old 02-03-2006, 03:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Old 02-04-2006, 04:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I want to go into this halfway house, but because of my dads illness (undiagnosed) but i, being me thinks its cancer, i can't go, i need top stay & help, but then again i need to be in a house with others to impriove my confidence indepenedntly.

5 bottles of wine down the line i feel i don't care about myself, just i wanna be loved , be in a relationship where the people i'm in with become 1st before my aged parents, but my aged parents are all i got, when the go, i have nothing & then i will drink myself to death.

I'll be one of those guys that starys at home & thta has a stigma.

I'd kill myself if i got that!