Notices

Relieve stress by GIVING THANKS!

Old 11-23-2005, 10:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Relieve stress by GIVING THANKS!

Well, it's officially turkey day now (although still about 14 hours til munching time for me) and being the overly negative person I usually am, I am making up my mind to be thankful ALL day today - for 24 hours!

In fact, i even read that it's physiologically impossible to be stressed and grateful at the same time. And "research shows that grateful individuals report having more energy and fewer physical complaints, and...daily gratitude exercises result in higher levels of alertness, enthusiasm, determination, optimism and energy," as said in this month's issue of Quick & Simple magazine!

So, because I want the benefits of all the above mentioned my gratitude list is below. What are you grateful for???

TODAY I'M THANKFUL FOR:

- Finally getting to know who i am...and learning i'm an okay person.
- my sister, nephews, mom and step-dad
- everyone at SR!!!!!!!
- that i have a roof over my head (thanks to mom and step-dad)
- that at least there is a possiblity that I can overcome this depression some day
- that i have heat (this time last year, i didn't)
- my car seems to be running okay and doesn't need any major work
- My talents and motivations which have kept me sane through all of this
- all the yummy food i'll eat this afternoon - and then eat some more of :P
- That my state has a funded-mental health program I can afford to use
- my higher power and all the miracles he works in my life each and every day
- my animals who cuddle and keep me warm
- That i have toilet paper
- i have pens to write with!!!!!! (this one's a biggy for me)

:P -- see i'm smiling already!

HAPPY GOBBLING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2005, 10:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Oh...and i'm also thankful for having the energy to get out of bed today, go out to eat with my family, help my sister get the boys off to school this morning, and super thankful (and feeling great about) being able to make TWO dishes for tomorrow's meal!!! Tonight I made our traditional, family recipe potato saled for the first time and my own special spinach dip and crackers that even peeps who hate spinach like.

AND, I actually packed my over-night bag with nice dress-up clothes, make-up, hair rollers and matching jewelry and hair accessories! So I know I'll feel super great all day!
Old 11-23-2005, 11:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shutterbug
...and super thankful (and feeling great about) being able to make TWO dishes for tomorrow's meal!!! Tonight I made our traditional, family recipe potato saled for the first time and my own special spinach dip and crackers that even peeps who hate spinach like.
Awesome! Same here! I made spinach dip, too, and also a corn casserole side dish from the recipe that CarolD posted. I just pulled it out of the oven and it smells divine!

Like you, I am grateful for my fuzzy family who bring me joy and light every minute of every day.

I am grateful for hanging out and shopping with a dear friend in recovery this morning. The day started out cold and foggy but turned into beautiful, warm sunshine.

I am grateful that I had the energy to prepare for Thankgiving - groom the boys, cook food, clean the house, put gas in the car.

I am grateful that as disfunctional as my family is, I still have family around me to spend the holidays with.

I am grateful for little things like finding a new radio station that I like. I listened to good music when I cooked and cleaned tonight.

This holiday is about gratitude and love. I am grateful to be reminded of that today.

:e16m