Notices

Harmful things in your life

Old 08-27-2005, 08:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Harmful things in your life

I believe all mental distress is caused by harmful things in our life. There is a simple process to fixing the problem.

1. Identify the harm.
2. Remove it from your life, or if that's not possible, minimize it as much as is practically possible.

Identifying the harm is crucially important. If you don't identify the harm then you are hopeless to remove its effects. The harm can literally be any "thing."

Removing it is important too, but sometimes impossible. Still, you should at least give yourself a mental vacation, so that you can have one moment, even if it's in a fantasy visualization, without this harmful thing.

So start right now. Identify a harmful thing. Then imagine your life without it.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can identify many things which are harmful in my life Uferiost...One is Pot, another is Alcohol & the last one is Cigarettes or Tobacco which I find is the hardest one to beat.
I can stop smoking Pot & although I have a small problem with Alcohol I believe if I truly applied myself I could stop drinking but I find it hard to visualise myself as a non-smoker. I never combine Pot & Alcohol but I would like to stop both of them soon.

Yours Sincerely,
Old 08-28-2005, 12:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

mines is alcohol and my parents.

ive cut down on the alcohol to very little amount now. and my parents i have not seen them in a year..also i have cut down on self harming aswell..i need to eat more thats another thing that harms me..
Old 08-28-2005, 08:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sh777au
I can identify many things which are harmful in my life Uferiost...One is Pot, another is Alcohol & the last one is Cigarettes or Tobacco which I find is the hardest one to beat.
I can stop smoking Pot & although I have a small problem with Alcohol I believe if I truly applied myself I could stop drinking but I find it hard to visualise myself as a non-smoker. I never combine Pot & Alcohol but I would like to stop both of them soon.

Yours Sincerely,
Hmmm. Why do you think you can't you stop doing those things? Is there some other harmful thing (a bad memory?) which these things help you to avoid?
Old 08-28-2005, 08:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic
mines is alcohol and my parents.

ive cut down on the alcohol to very little amount now. and my parents i have not seen them in a year..also i have cut down on self harming aswell..i need to eat more thats another thing that harms me..
Sounds like you're doing ok.

On the weight, keep in mind that thin is in, some people go through life-threatening surgery and remove a part of their stomach to lose weight. But obviously you don't want to be too thin.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

its nothing to do about being thin.. its allabout why im starving myself.. i dont want energy and i dont want to excist thats what im battling with..

sry if that sounds so bad..im just tired again.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

erratic-

Healthy is in...
Old 08-29-2005, 06:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

is it splendra?

i guess it is.. but im battling with myself over alot of things, which trigger me off to be this way..
Old 08-30-2005, 01:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

To answer your question Uferiost, I don't know why I smoke Cigarettes, but I do know that I could stop smoking Pot & drinking Alcohol if I wanted to.
I don't know why I do Pot Or Alcohol either....maybe I can't face reality sometimes or maybe I'm in denial. I'm not smoking Pot or drinking today so I guess all I can do is take it one day at a time.

Yours Sincerely,

Last edited by sh777au; 08-30-2005 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Problem with punctuation