Notices

Borderline Personality Disorder

Old 11-19-2007, 02:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

hi robina, it sounds so awful what you are going through with your daughter.. she so needs acute mental health treatment.. i take it she is not on antipsychotic meds?? they would so help with her paranoia and psychosis.
hugs, bluebell x
Old 11-23-2007, 07:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Help!!!

I have searched everywhere trying to get some insight into the behavior of the woman that I love with all my heart. The last month she hasn't spoken to me, deleted her email account and has pushed me completely out of her life. She has done this before saying that she felt that it was the best thing for me and that she loved me so much that she couldn't bear hurting me any more. The really bad thing is that she is pregnant with my child also. There is a history of mental illness in her family on the mother's side...schitzophrenia with her grandmother and BPD or Bipolar with her mother and everything about my honey looks like BPD...this change came about very suddenly...extremely in love with me and not being able to stand being away from me to this. She is under a tremendous amount of stress with a divorce going on and custody issues and her mother having an episode and doing alot of manipulative things...but with my honey it is like dealing with two separate people and I can even see it in her face when things just aren't right. The last time I saw her she was so angry with me until I just blew her off as I was helping her pack stuff at my house and then she became nice. I asked her to talk to me and she became angry again and told me that the baby might not be mine. I told her that it was ok and that we would work through it. I asked her what she wanted...if she wanted me to just go away...that I loved her enough that if this was what she wanted that I would do that for her. She began to cry and told me no...that she loved me...held my hand and kissed me and it was like she was back again and that angry woman was gone...the whole thing with "the baby might not be yours" is also her pushing me away....I'm just looking for some answers or insight since none of this makes any sense. I know that the family dynamic is all messed up and the way that they usually deal with her mother's episodes is to do whatever they need to in order to chill her out. I am not an egomaniac or anything but for her to go from loving me to an extreme to pushing me completely out of her life just doesn't make any sense. Any help would be appreciated greatly!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

I watched a movie once and they were talking about body. I then looked it up and all of the symptoms matched my ah to a precise t.
I truly believe he has borderline personality disorder but the first step is recovering from drinking. I couldn't believe that his symptoms (actions words etc) matched it so well. I don't think there is one symptom that he doesn't have. I hope to get him to see someone who can verify this.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

Bpd * not body lol
Old 10-11-2012, 11:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I have BPD as well as Bi-polar and several others, there is a booked called Stop Walking On Eggshells that is about how family memebers and friends handle someone they love that has BPD my mother recommends it
Old 11-09-2012, 11:26 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by robina View Post
Hi -
My alcoholic daughter has been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. If anyone has this disorder, or has had any experience with BPD, I'd very much appreciate your thoughts.

Robin

Do you know if she's the quiet borderline type or the external borderline?
They both 'ACT OUT' by same emotional triggers, but the quiet types, "ACT IN" --- self harm, passive aggressive, self-loathing, etc.

I suggest watching these videos..

A.J. Mahari on BPD for Non Borderlines - YouTube
Old 11-23-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I am not BPD, but I would much rather be progressive,with language used, "borderlines are..." people with borderline, there is already a stigma, there is Dialtical behavioral thereapy, amazing for people with BPD. People are not all hard to treat, everyone's personality and chatactaristics are very different.