Notices

Cymbalta withdrawal??

Old 02-26-2006, 09:07 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

NO....actually I was only on Cymbalta for a short while...
I think it had more to do with the mood stabalizers and the anti-psychotic I was on for a while too.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:19 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I see. Yeah, a lot of those can cause weight gain, too.

I did start a new thread here on the Mental Health board. Check it out!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 04-19-2006, 05:24 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi, everybody! I've been doing pretty good without meds. I don't think I will be writing any more because I do this at work and I don't have much time. Thank you all for your input and support. God bless you. Dian
Old 04-19-2006, 05:50 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
No expectations!

(((((Dian))))),
You're most welcome!! Glad you are doing well, too!! We'll miss you!! Check in every now and then, OK?

Thank you for the link, Rebecca!! And WELCOME to SR!! I'll have to check that link out when I have more time, though. Right now I still have more threads to answer.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 10-11-2008, 09:44 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Wink Cymbalta withdrawal / tapering off for pregnancy

My first pregnancy, I tapered off the right way, reducing the number of balls in the capsule by 5% each day or less over the first four weeks. My son is perfectly normal with no sign of any problems from me taking Cymbalta in the first trimester. I had absolutely NO side effect and wondered if I even needed the drug at all. THEN- for the second pregnancy, I decided that I didn't need to taper off so slowly and cut the dosage by four over a period of two weeks - NOT PRETTY. I had extreme anger, depression and mood swings and I am a VERY patient person under normal circumstances, even before taking SSRIs. There were no other issues in life to cause such stress, I just should have tapered off more slowly. I know it's a pain to count the little balls, but it is worth it. To weigh in my opinion on the effects to pregnancy, if you quit within the first trimester, starting from the day you discover you are pregnant, there are no adverse affects on the baby and your natural "happy" hormones kick in to compensate for not taking an SSNRI. Granted there were definitely unhappy hormones at play as well, but something kicked in that made me generally mellow all throughout my pregnancy. Maybe it was the realization that the aggrevations of everyday life are not that important when compared to the new task at hand. When I used to have paranoid assumptions about my boss when off the SSRIs in the past, I had an amazing tolerance during pregnancy. When the pregnancy was over though, back to the Cymbalta for sure! It's an amazing solution. Zoloft was also my solution for 11 years previous to the Cymbalta, is just started to get tired and needed the norepinepherine help as well as the serotonin after awhile. Yoga also does wonders if you can find the time.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:17 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by sprytle View Post
Yoga also does wonders if you can find the time.
Amen to that!! Thank you for sharing, sprytle!! And wow, it's been 2 & 1/2 years since my last post on this thread. I've through many many med changes during that time, but now my antidepressants are Wellbutrin and Celexa. That combo seems to be doing very well right now. I still crave sweets, though I am much better able to resist giving in than I was before. Now I have to go post on the Gratitude List before I fall asleep sitting here.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 10-11-2008, 07:47 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Sprytle, welcome to SR and our mental health forum!:ghug2