Notices

7 days klonopin-free...

Old 03-21-2005, 01:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

7 days klonopin-free...

Hi,today is day 7 following a 3 month taper off klonopin.Ive been on it for about 2-3 years at 1 to 1.5 mgs./day(sometimes less). I was taking xanax,as needed,before klonopin for about 2 years for the same nagging anxiety thing with occasional/situational panic attacks.Ive been abusing alcohol to cope for years,coupled with my benzos at times.Ive never abused xanax or klonopin but without beer I would up my dosage to keep me relaxed.Im doing OK without "my" klonopin.It gets frustrating at times knowing it will be soo long before you can just stop them completely but a big releif when you do.I did .25/day for a couple of weeks,then .125 for another couple(with a few extra.125 doses when needed).Now,at 7 days I feel like a burden is lifted off my list of problems.I expected much more anxiety than I have had.Just thought Id share this.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great! I quit xanax 14 years ago, and it took 1 1/2 years before I was okay enough to go back to work. Check out a cool website... www.benzo.org.uk Lots of info/help there!!
Old 04-02-2005, 03:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
jaden777

That's great that you're completely off Klonopin! Benzos are the most evil drug. I'm a recovering addict and was able to quit an opiate addiction cold turkey at home. But benzos are something else. I was on Klonopin for several years and tried and tried to quit at home but the withdrawal for me was so terrible that I finally had to go to rehab for 8 days.

They put me on Neurontin (non-addictive) for the withdrawal and anxiety and it really works. So if you do start to get anxiety again, you might want to ask your doctor about this drug.

Hang in there and don't take those awful little pills.