Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Mental Health Issues > Mental Health
Reload this Page >

75% Reduction in my Social Anxiety for more than a year now.

Notices

Old 04-07-2005, 10:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
www.healsocialanxiety.com

Hi,

I just wanted to share information about something that has been a huge help with my Social Anxiety (has reduced it by more than 75% for over a year now.)

It's a free network of free support groups for people with Social Phobia and other Social Anxiety problems.

The name of the organization is-- Social Phobics Anonymous

Here is a link to their site--

<a href="http://www.healsocialanxiety.com">Social Phobics Anonymous-- Support Groups for Social Anxiety and Social Phobia</a>
Social Phobics Anonymous (also called S.P.A.) uses a 12 step recovery approach, adapted from A.A. and O.C.A. to recover from our Social Anxiety Problems.

In addition to the 12 steps, we also use the principles for healing fear developed by Rhonda Britton in her book "Fearless Living".

SPAs' phone number(if needed) is (303) 575-1078 (based in USA although SPA provides help to Social Phobics/Social Anxiety sufferers anywhere)

Again-- SPAs support groups are free. SPA is a volunteer run organization.

Many Thanks,

Phil

***P.S. This is what has worked for me-- what has worked for you? Feel free to share whatever treatment modality or self help approach you have used to imrpove your own social anxiety problems.

Or feel free to ask questions or share your frustartions (or inspiration) here as well.