Notices

Would love to talk to other loners. :)

Old 01-18-2020, 10:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry your sister is leaving NeedRest.

I've been around long enough to know that when someone leaves our life, even just a little , someone else usually comes along to fill that gap.

I hope that happens for you - best of both worlds

D
Old 01-19-2020, 06:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I appreciate your perspective.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I've been around long enough to know that when someone leaves our life, even just a little , someone else usually comes along to fill that gap.
Ahhh yes, my son just moved to Seattle, first time in 24 years that he hasn't lived in Arizona. My heart just aches but honestly I'm just fiercely proud that he's doing just great on his own, his GF is a beautiful soul, and he's living somewhere that I love to visit. I look forward to our weekly phone calls so I can hear about his outdoor adventures. And Dee's right, my life is blessedly full with relationships and work, anytime I need someone to talk to I just need to reach out and express myself.

(((NeedRest))) I hope you eventually reach a point of peace, getting there is part of our recovery journey.
Old 03-03-2020, 11:53 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pouncer View Post
I have PTSD from severe childhood/cult abuse and I already do not feel as though there are a lot of people whom I can relate to.

I am writing to reach out to others who are going through loneliness and/or trauma rehabilitation. I would love to hear from you.
Here!

The path is narrow, as they say.

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
I have angels watching over me.
That is the truth of it
Old 07-22-2020, 06:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm a loner too.
I've never fit in or followed the same path as everyone else.
I've never been married, have no close family, no friends nearby and now I've lost my job I rarely see anyone.
I can relate to feeling absolutely miserable.
I dont know how to change it.
I'm attempting to give up drinking to see if it helps- but booze was the only thing that made me happy.
Old 07-22-2020, 06:50 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I'm glad you posted this overforty, and I'm glad you're here. I used to think that drinking made my life better, that it made me happier and "socially lubricated" my relationships, but that's the lie of alcohol for me. I was always dumping it into my soul to cover up the anxiety, fear, and misery that I was actually feeling. Eventually, the alcohol stopped working.

I'm an introvert so relationships are a struggle for me, but I know they keep me alive and fill my spirit with an enthusiasm for life that's like nothing I've ever experienced. I try to make a point though of getting myself face-to-face with others as much as possible, my shyness goes away and I can have normal conversations and friendships. This is a part of my life now that I wouldn't want to miss.